Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Terrible Suggestions Thread

(1/1176) > >>

BigUglyWorm:
There are pages and pages of good, solid suggestions, carefully thought out and with thorough consideration given for how to integrate them into the existing game. I think it's high time we make a thread dedicated to unbalanced, ill-conceived, and downright absurd ideas, which almost certainly won't (and, honestly, probably shouldn't) ever see the light of day.
I'll start: a "kick shin" option when targeting legs in combat; if your foot is armored and the target's lower leg isn't, it automatically breaks the bone and causes them to give in to pain.

Dorsidwarf:
A workshop workshop. All workshops must be assembled at the workshop workshop before they can be placed

NJW2000:
Add creepers.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs:

--- Quote from: Dorsidwarf on November 04, 2018, 07:42:18 pm ---A workshop workshop. All workshops must be assembled at the workshop workshop before they can be placed

--- End quote ---
But the workshop workshop is itself a workshop! I know things like this already exist (only Armok could have made the first anvil, since you need an anvil to make an anvil) but at least the impossible creation happens off-screen.

Unless this is the joke.

SixOfSpades:
. . . His forty-sixth beard hair is very long. His forty-seventh beard hair is very long. His forty-eighth beard hair is very long. His forty-ninth beard hair is very long. His fiftieth beard hair . . .

Every time a Butcher stands in one place for more than a few ticks, he should leave behind a pool of blood.

All dwarves should be claustrophobic.

Every time a militiadwarf kills a goblin, or even sees a dead body, he should be overcome with horror and revulsion. (Oh whoops  :-X)

Every dwarf who successfully completes a Strange Mood should turn into an elf.

The game only operates in real time: It takes a full 365 real days to play an in-game year, and you cannot pause or save the game, ever.

And a few of my best ones from the distant past:

Cats should reproduce by asexual budding.

Toady should engage in some lucrative product placement. The text string "dwarven beer" is replaced with "Michelob," low boots are now Nikes, minecarts become Volvos, dwarven syrup is turned into Marmite, and the RNG keeps naming your military squads after professional sports teams.

Adamantine should be a farmable aboveground crop, with seeds available at embark or by trading with elves.

There are no dwarf women, their children simply spring out of holes in the ground. Each muddied soil tile has a 1% chance to generate a dwarf baby every 1st of Hematite.

The game employs realistic lighting: All areas that are Inside, Underground, Dark are represented by completely black tiles. The only way to "see" what is on each tile is by 'k' looking around, and even then, the text is dark gray on black.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version