Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 392

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 475584 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #1035 on: October 19, 2019, 05:09:00 am »

Elfism is now contagious; elf spit, blood, and tears carry a transformative syndrome that makes you an elf.
I remember that at some point someone made a mod that made everything an elf touched turn into an elf.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: October 19, 2019, 05:30:52 am »

Elfism is now contagious; elf spit, blood, and tears carry a transformative syndrome that makes you an elf.
I remember that at some point someone made a mod that made everything an elf touched turn into an elf.

Dreams really do come true, eh?
My mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0
The litten is wandering around the dump now, occasionally exploding.

TheBeardyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: October 21, 2019, 05:51:19 am »

US food regulations theoretically allow you to sell minemeat that's 50% sawdust as mincemeat. So, well...
Minemeat? Is that when the miners uncover the remains of an extinct creature - almost, but not quite, fossilized so that in spite of it being mostly rock, some nutritional value remains? Dwarfiest source of meat ever!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: October 21, 2019, 07:47:13 am »

Found a mincemeat Information depository aka wikipedia

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: October 22, 2019, 07:02:56 am »

US food regulations theoretically allow you to sell minemeat that's 50% sawdust as mincemeat. So, well...
Minemeat? Is that when the miners uncover the remains of an extinct creature - almost, but not quite, fossilized so that in spite of it being mostly rock, some nutritional value remains? Dwarfiest source of meat ever!
You've struck sirloin!  Praise the miners!
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: October 22, 2019, 07:33:08 am »

Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
  • i should really migrate my saves...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: October 22, 2019, 02:17:51 pm »

reminds me of the fifth elephant by terry pratchett. the great fat deposits of uberwald
Dawnthunder: It menaces with spikes of tetanus
After the fire had burned down all of the wooden next boxes on the surface, Mottled Petrel was reluctant to replace them with more wooden nest boxes. Instead, he placed the remaining store of wooden nest boxes in the dormitory for any aspiring koopa mothers.

The nest boxes were immediately overrun by helmet snakes.

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: October 23, 2019, 03:09:31 pm »

I'm so glad someone got that reference.
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: October 30, 2019, 10:19:29 am »

Rebuild DF in Unity. Only one supercomputer in the world would be able to play it, and only at ~3 FPS.

TeaAndRum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: October 30, 2019, 09:52:58 pm »

I think it'd be kinda cool if water sources would be more finite, and more essential to civilizations. For example, a fireplace in houses to melt the water during winter, and/or an option to eat ice, but with a risk of hypothermia if done repeatedly.
Also, if you dam a river in your embark, it should affect the settlements downstream, perhaps escalating into a war/peasant mobs, also its water should be able to be tainted/poisoned as a way of weakening the enemy settlement. Or maybe somebody/something accidentally dies and rots in the/next to the water in the middle of nowhere, which could cause minor problems to you, if the creature wasn't very big. This could be avoided with drinking booze/boiling the water before usage.
But water should also be able to be transported with a reasonable price, just like booze and extracts. Perhaps the price should go up, depending on the climate, and purity of water. Most expensive type should be distilled water, which could be usable by scholars, or in hospitals.
Settlements in scorching climates should be abandoned sometimes for lack of water, or they could attack/rob merchant caravans/other settlements for water, perhaps even securing and defending a location with a water source.

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
  • i should really migrate my saves...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: October 31, 2019, 02:08:03 am »

Rebuild DF in Unity. Only one supercomputer in the world would be able to play it, and only at ~3 FPS.
and even then it would need to be shut down after 15-30 minutes in order to stop it from catching fire.
Dawnthunder: It menaces with spikes of tetanus
After the fire had burned down all of the wooden next boxes on the surface, Mottled Petrel was reluctant to replace them with more wooden nest boxes. Instead, he placed the remaining store of wooden nest boxes in the dormitory for any aspiring koopa mothers.

The nest boxes were immediately overrun by helmet snakes.

MachoNacho

• Bay Watcher
  • pug
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: November 01, 2019, 10:10:47 am »

I think it'd be kinda cool if water sources would be more finite, and more essential to civilizations. For example, a fireplace in houses to melt the water during winter, and/or an option to eat ice, but with a risk of hypothermia if done repeatedly.
Also, if you dam a river in your embark, it should affect the settlements downstream, perhaps escalating into a war/peasant mobs, also its water should be able to be tainted/poisoned as a way of weakening the enemy settlement. Or maybe somebody/something accidentally dies and rots in the/next to the water in the middle of nowhere, which could cause minor problems to you, if the creature wasn't very big. This could be avoided with drinking booze/boiling the water before usage.
But water should also be able to be transported with a reasonable price, just like booze and extracts. Perhaps the price should go up, depending on the climate, and purity of water. Most expensive type should be distilled water, which could be usable by scholars, or in hospitals.
Settlements in scorching climates should be abandoned sometimes for lack of water, or they could attack/rob merchant caravans/other settlements for water, perhaps even securing and defending a location with a water source.
Bad suggestions only. Get out.
pug

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: November 01, 2019, 10:40:16 am »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=174706.0
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

TeaAndRum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: November 01, 2019, 06:05:04 pm »

S-Sorry! Should I make my own thread, or post there?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: November 01, 2019, 06:20:12 pm »

S-Sorry! Should I make my own thread, or post there?
Post there. I made it for this purpose
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 392