Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 392

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 475840 times)

TeaAndRum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #1050 on: November 01, 2019, 06:29:06 pm »

I think it'd be kinda cool if water sources would be more finite, and more essential to civilizations. For example, a fireplace in houses to melt the water during winter, and/or an option to eat ice, but with a risk of hypothermia if done repeatedly.
Also, if you dam a river in your embark, it should affect the settlements downstream, perhaps escalating into a war/peasant mobs, also its water should be able to be tainted/poisoned as a way of weakening the enemy settlement. Or maybe somebody/something accidentally dies and rots in the/next to the water in the middle of nowhere, which could cause minor problems to you, if the creature wasn't very big. This could be avoided with drinking booze/boiling the water before usage.
But water should also be able to be transported with a reasonable price, just like booze and extracts. Perhaps the price should go up, depending on the climate, and purity of water. Most expensive type should be distilled water, which could be usable by scholars, or in hospitals.
Settlements in scorching climates should be abandoned sometimes for lack of water, or they could attack/rob merchant caravans/other settlements for water, perhaps even securing and defending a location with a water source.
Bad suggestions only. Get out.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=174706.0
S-Sorry! Should I make my own thread, or post there?
Post there. I made it for this purpose
Good to know. I will!

xZippy

• Bay Watcher
  • ■■ ■■■■ ■■■
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: November 01, 2019, 07:25:25 pm »

• Brewers can now lace alcohol with drugs and do things to drugged dwarves when they pass out.
  • Dwarves write screenplays, and will not return to work until they get positive reception on it.

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: November 06, 2019, 03:38:55 pm »

Dwarves will create graffiti, either painting on or chiseling into walls to create simple messages or designs, some of which will be obscene or upsetting to your dwarves.  If dwarves in your fort are unhappy, they can create messages that will foment rebellion and berserk states.  Worst of all, these can permanently damage high-quality or masterwork engravings.
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

MachoNacho

• Bay Watcher
  • pug
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: November 06, 2019, 10:41:04 pm »

Miasma now causes dwarves to explode.
pug

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: November 06, 2019, 10:52:21 pm »

Is it just me or does this thread have a noticeable surplus of "X causes dwarves to explode" suggestions?
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

MachoNacho

• Bay Watcher
  • pug
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: November 06, 2019, 11:00:07 pm »

Is it just me or does this thread have a noticeable surplus of "X causes dwarves to explode" suggestions?
Mentioning dwarves exploding now causes dwarves to explode.
pug

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: November 07, 2019, 02:19:43 am »

“Look daddy, teacher says, every time a bell rings a dwarf explodes!”
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MachoNacho

• Bay Watcher
  • pug
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: November 07, 2019, 10:38:55 am »

“Look daddy, teacher says, every time a bell rings a dwarf explodes!”
Ringing bells now causes dwarves to explode.
pug

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: November 07, 2019, 10:41:16 am »

Dwarves hit by pieces of exploding dwarves explode. Chain reactions will insure in crowded areas

MachoNacho

• Bay Watcher
  • pug
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: November 07, 2019, 10:45:07 am »

Low quality alcohol now causes dwarves to explode.
pug

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: November 07, 2019, 12:10:44 pm »

Giving birth causes female dwarfs to explode. Basically a dwarf woman who goes into labour just immediately blows up and a newborn baby dwarf appears in the space where she used to be.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: November 07, 2019, 12:15:05 pm »

Giving birth causes female dwarfs to explode. Basically a dwarf woman who goes into labour just immediately blows up and a newborn baby dwarf appears in the space where she used to be.
Reminds me of Alien, question, does the baby dwarf feed on its mother’s blood in the absence of milk?

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: November 07, 2019, 12:50:38 pm »

Reminds me of Alien, question, does the baby dwarf feed on its mother’s blood in the absence of milk?

Sure, why not?

MachoNacho

• Bay Watcher
  • pug
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: November 07, 2019, 01:25:16 pm »

Walking now causes dwarves to explode.
pug

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: November 07, 2019, 01:43:53 pm »

Walking now causes dwarves to explode.
Due to dwarves becoming living bombshell, goblins are now the playable characters is Goblin Fortress. Goblins will place dwarves in the towns where they wish to invade, when the dwarves explode, the goblins take over
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 392