Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 391

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 473395 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #1155 on: November 29, 2019, 02:59:01 pm »

What? Let every sentient race have guillotines, imagine demons having them made of bone

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: November 29, 2019, 03:28:55 pm »

Capital punishment just always struck me as a human (and probably goblin as well) thing. Dwarves and elves having capital punishment just somehow seems OOC to their usual depictions, but I guess it's not like DF sticks to those to the letter either. :P
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: November 30, 2019, 12:54:47 am »

Capital punishment just always struck me as a human (and probably goblin as well) thing. Dwarves and elves having capital punishment just somehow seems OOC to their usual depictions, but I guess it's not like DF sticks to those to the letter either. :P
DF dwarves have capital punishment for murder of a fellow civ member, treason, oath breaking, and slavery.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: November 30, 2019, 03:36:57 am »

What? Let every sentient race have guillotines
Yes guillotines for everyone, there will be so many severed heads rolling around it'll be beautiful!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: November 30, 2019, 04:09:57 am »

DF dwarves have capital punishment for murder of a fellow civ member, treason, oath breaking, and slavery.
Dorfs also deliver punishment via hammering, so maybe their guillotine would be...a giant hammer-head?  Sounds...messy.  Like a Gallagher show.
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: November 30, 2019, 04:33:09 am »

Dorfs also deliver punishment via hammering, so maybe their guillotine would be...a giant hammer-head?  Sounds...messy.  Like a Gallagher show.
I need this to be a thing.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #1161 on: December 01, 2019, 05:39:43 am »

Instead of simply capital punishment, each crime should specify a particular body part to hit with a particular weapon type a particular number of times (with the punishment ending if the body part is severed or destroyed). This could be combined with traps to create a guillotine, or alternative mechanism.

Beheading, for instance, would be EXECUTION:HEAD:AXE:1 (or HAMMER:100 for dwarves)

But you can also make a crime that demands lashes (UPPER_BODY:WHIP:10) or removing the hand (GRASP:SWORD:1).

Or (LOWER_BODY:STANCE_STRIKE:10).

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: December 01, 2019, 07:13:37 am »

Instead of simply capital punishment, each crime should specify a particular body part to hit with a particular weapon type a particular number of times (with the punishment ending if the body part is severed or destroyed). This could be combined with traps to create a guillotine, or alternative mechanism.

Beheading, for instance, would be EXECUTION:HEAD:AXE:1 (or HAMMER:100 for dwarves)

But you can also make a crime that demands lashes (UPPER_BODY:WHIP:10) or removing the hand (GRASP:SWORD:1).

Or (LOWER_BODY:STANCE_STRIKE:10).

Umm dude... this thread is meant for terrible suggestions, not extremely good ones. :P
shh.. also whatever happened to Chromatic Spirits?

Since im here i might as well contribute too... umm...
Dyslexia: In order to be more PC and inclusive, a sizeable portion of dwarves all sentient beings have dyslexia, if one of them happens to hold a position, all text related to their function (such as the health overview screen for chief medical dwarves) will have random letters swapped for others (this also includes hotkeys). The swapped letters will change every time you enter the screen.
If your adventurer is dyslexic, the entire interface will suffer from this effect.
There is no way to mod this out or alter the chance of dyslexia as it would undermine the reason why this was implemented.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: December 01, 2019, 07:28:11 am »

Developmental disorders in intelligent creatures don't sound like a dreadful idea (would lead to some interesting and relatable procgen characters IMO), though letting it screw with the interface probably would be. :P
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: December 01, 2019, 07:47:18 pm »

Developmental disorders in intelligent creatures don't sound like a dreadful idea (would lead to some interesting and relatable procgen characters IMO), though letting it screw with the interface probably would be. :P
Implement diseases and unleash the  P O L I O.
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

MachoNacho

• Bay Watcher
  • pug
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: December 01, 2019, 10:58:49 pm »

Or (LOWER_BODY:STANCE_STRIKE:666).
Fixed it for you.
pug

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: December 04, 2019, 11:45:09 am »

Introduce color blindness, but since it was first diagnosed in the late XVIII century there's NO a single description or clue which dwarf have it, you can simply guess it after the whole fortress blew up because some dwarf mixed the wrong chemicals.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

TheBeardyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: December 09, 2019, 05:42:36 am »

When your tavern has only recently been set up, and you haven't made any musical instruments yet, it's not unusual to see a dwarf with the current job "simulate [musical instrument]".

This calls for a new skill: Beatboxing.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: December 09, 2019, 06:01:26 am »

4 new skills:
DJing,
Rapping,
Graffiti art,
Breakdancing.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: December 09, 2019, 06:28:23 am »

If going to the bathroom ever gets added it needs an associated bowl movement skill.

Urist has created a masterpiece ☼Turd☼!
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 391