Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 391

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 473996 times)

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #1410 on: February 19, 2020, 08:23:37 pm »

Dwarf beards are now similar to armpits, and as such, dwarves generate miasma if they have not washed their beard in too long.
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: February 19, 2020, 08:41:24 pm »

Whenever one of your dwarves acts uncivil, a giant toad with a banhammer shows up to banish them from your world. There's an unskippable low-quality cinematic of the toad smacking a dwarf into space each time it happens.
No, it must be only the highest quality cinematic.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: February 20, 2020, 05:44:22 am »

Dwarf beards are now similar to armpits, and as such, dwarves generate miasma if they have not washed their beard in too long.

Even better, miasma beards for really smelly dwarves. If it gets thick enough, they can comb or braid their miasma.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: February 20, 2020, 05:58:27 am »

License parts of Dwarf Fortress.

In order to raise funds for DF, license out systems to other companies to develop. Enjoy ice cream making brought to you by Cold Stone Creamery, and the sport system by EA Sports (It's in the game.).

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #1414 on: February 20, 2020, 06:22:15 am »

The MOUNT tag is depreciated in favor of allowing all creatures to ride any other creature. Moreover, creatures can ride creatures that are already riding other creatures.

Each creature must make a KINESTHETIC_SENSE check to keep from falling over and a STRENGTH check to support the creatures above it. The taller the stack, the harder thia becomes.

Circuses will try to stack as many creatures as possible as an attraction.

Occasionally this will occur in the wild, and you will see roaming stacks of creatures.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: February 20, 2020, 06:44:09 am »

The MOUNT tag is depreciated in favor of allowing all creatures to ride any other creature. Moreover, creatures can ride creatures that are already riding other creatures.

Each creature must make a KINESTHETIC_SENSE check to keep from falling over and a STRENGTH check to support the creatures above it. The taller the stack, the harder thia becomes.

Occasionally this will occur in the wild, and you will see roaming stacks of creatures.
+1, I support this

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: February 20, 2020, 07:57:50 am »

+1, I support this
I also support the living totem poles, and we need to stack animals until the stack leaves the atmosphere!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: February 20, 2020, 08:27:27 am »

+1, I support this
I also support the living totem poles, and we need to stack animals until the stack leaves the atmosphere!
alright, the bottom animal needs to be very big with lots of strength, a hydra

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: February 20, 2020, 09:01:18 am »

+1, I support this
alright, the bottom animal needs to be very big with lots of strength, a hydra
Just mod in Godzilla and make him hold the tower, and it has the added bonus of getting us higher off the ground faster.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: February 20, 2020, 10:07:02 am »

Can they each take a z level instead of piling on infinitely?

Imagine wandering as an adventurer and you see a dingo but then you keep looking up and boom: it's actually 15 dingoes in a stack.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: February 20, 2020, 10:40:28 am »

15 dingoes got my 15 babies!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: February 20, 2020, 02:25:06 pm »

Imagine wandering as an adventurer and you see a dingo but then you keep looking up and boom: it's actually 15 dingoes in a stack.
Adventurers generally only look at things in a perfect horizontal slice, so it's actually a perfect ambush method!

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: February 21, 2020, 03:08:41 am »

15 dingoes in a stack trying to sneak into an R-rated movie.
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: February 21, 2020, 05:29:52 am »

Dingoes from the top of the stack should be able to para-jump down from the stack to ambush you from above,

SixOfSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • likes flesh balls for their calming roundness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: February 21, 2020, 01:03:46 pm »

Given its frequent walls of text, cumbersome user interface, and beyond-graphic depictions of violence in the combat logs, DF is anything but suited for children. To make the game more kid-friendly, I suggest the following changes:

Each time a dwarf sits down, there is a 15% chance that they will sit cross-legged. This produces a notification: "Urist Melbildatan, Weaver, is sitting criss-cross applesauce."

Every time that a dwarf in combat collides with an obstacle (and remains conscious), they will say, "Uh-oh, spaghettios." This will be reflected in the combat log.

All food and drinks will be renamed as "snacks" or "sippies". Plump helmet roast snack [4], sewer brew sippy [2], etc.

When a dwarf has to interrupt a task because they got too close to a wild animal (any wild animal), the notification text is changed to: "Rovod Iderith, Lye Maker cancels Pen/Pasture Tame Animal: A kitty!"
Dwarf Fortress -- kind of like Minecraft, but for people who hate themselves.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 391