Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 392

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 476469 times)

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #1425 on: February 21, 2020, 01:21:20 pm »

I will pay someone real money to mod this into the game.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: February 21, 2020, 01:28:51 pm »

Now that viruses are on voge, df simulates viruses down to molecular scale. Like in real life some migth get to be know, although in a limited fashion given the timeframe constrains. It also emulate many thousands if not millions of unknown viruses in all biomes and creatures.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: February 21, 2020, 03:22:09 pm »

The MOUNT tag is depreciated in favor of allowing all creatures to ride any other creature. Moreover, creatures can ride creatures that are already riding other creatures.

Each creature must make a KINESTHETIC_SENSE check to keep from falling over and a STRENGTH check to support the creatures above it. The taller the stack, the harder thia becomes.

Circuses will try to stack as many creatures as possible as an attraction.

Occasionally this will occur in the wild, and you will see roaming stacks of creatures.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Urist McUristUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: February 21, 2020, 07:40:51 pm »

Now that viruses are on voge, df simulates viruses down to molecular scale. Like in real life some migth get to be know, although in a limited fashion given the timeframe constrains. It also emulate many thousands if not millions of unknown viruses in all biomes and creatures.
FYI due to how Viruses work this necessitates simulating all cells of all living and some undead creatures. And every single nucleotide of every single DNA molecule.

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: February 22, 2020, 04:19:13 am »

FYI due to how Viruses work this necessitates simulating all cells of all living and some undead creatures. And every single nucleotide of every single DNA molecule.
Is this not the ultimate end-goal of DF anyways?
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

Urist McUristUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: February 24, 2020, 02:00:46 pm »

Is this not the ultimate end-goal of DF anyways?
The end goal is, afaik, to get to a point where we're able to build computers inside quarks if we set quantumtunneling=false.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: February 24, 2020, 02:24:26 pm »

Some enemies should attack you with goals other than to kill or rob you, but their actual intentions may make you wish they did.

Quote from: Cursed Gamelog
You Feel Uneasy.
The large human wrestler: Greetings. My name is Aki Purpletongs. Praise strength.
The Human Wrestler Aki Uromilre silently grabs your upper left arm from behind with his left hand!
The Human Wrestler Aki Uromilre silently grabs your upper right arm from behind with his right hand!
You struggle in vain against the human wrestler Aki Uromilre's grip!
The Human Wrestler Aki Uromilre: You are amazing.
The Human Wrestler Aki Uromilre releases his grip on your upper left arm.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #1432 on: February 24, 2020, 06:06:07 pm »

Some enemies should attack you with goals other than to kill or rob you, but their actual intentions may make you wish they did.

Quote from: Cursed Gamelog
You Feel Uneasy.
The large human wrestler: Greetings. My name is Aki Purpletongs. Praise strength.
The Human Wrestler Aki Uromilre silently grabs your upper left arm from behind with his left hand!
The Human Wrestler Aki Uromilre silently grabs your upper right arm from behind with his right hand!
You struggle in vain against the human wrestler Aki Uromilre's grip!
The Human Wrestler Aki Uromilre: You are amazing.

At first, I thought Aki Uromilre was about to rape the adventurer 😂.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: February 24, 2020, 07:04:19 pm »

I'm pretty sure that's the insinuation being made, actually.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: February 24, 2020, 08:04:52 pm »

Aki isn't a word in the human language, and he was feeling the guys muscles. If you know, you know.

Human lords claim areas near there sites as royal hunting grounds. Killing any animal in these areas is punishable by death. No indication of where or how large these zones are, you only way to know you've violated the law is if you mention slaying an animal in that area is responded to with violence. It's possible to embark in one of these areas, and killing any animal above ground triggers a siege.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: February 25, 2020, 07:38:07 am »

That actually sounds all too much awesome and a genuine way to introduce naturally induce conflict into the game. In fact I can see whole stories of wars and years of enemity based on this. Humans/dwarves/elfs choose to unwitingly settle or use somehow (hunt, chop down trees, farm, cemetery) a sacred place for another civilization. Extra points if such civ is long gone and come back to unlife because of it.

In fact this surely must be planned.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: February 25, 2020, 06:34:35 pm »

Petshop workshop:

A workshop where morally ambiguous dwarves will sell any animals they find to other dwarves as pets. Sure, that beakdog is trained, don't worry about it. No, that's not the yeti that killed 12 merchants - that's your new pet!

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: February 27, 2020, 06:26:57 am »

Chicken mans! Basically some random guy that spawns chickens. How is this terriblr you ask? Well, there will also be...

Chicken man mans
"Mutagen"! Such a lovely word! I simply MUST have more mutagen!

*sigh* I can't believe I play this game...

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #1438 on: February 27, 2020, 07:01:16 am »

Chicken mans! Basically some random guy that spawns chickens. How is this terriblr you ask? Well, there will also be...

Chicken man mans

We can do this already.

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: February 27, 2020, 07:11:26 am »

I am aware of that.
"Mutagen"! Such a lovely word! I simply MUST have more mutagen!

*sigh* I can't believe I play this game...
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 392