Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 393

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 476946 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #1440 on: February 27, 2020, 09:02:23 am »

But the terrible part is that now is hardcoded into da game.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: February 27, 2020, 09:06:16 am »

Thank you!
"Mutagen"! Such a lovely word! I simply MUST have more mutagen!

*sigh* I can't believe I play this game...

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: February 27, 2020, 09:09:50 am »

Petshop workshop:

A workshop where morally ambiguous dwarves will sell any animals they find to other dwarves as pets. Sure, that beakdog is trained, don't worry about it. No, that's not the yeti that killed 12 merchants - that's your new pet!

Basically like that scary anime series.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: February 27, 2020, 09:26:36 am »

I was wondering WTF series, but then realized I think I've seen the one you're talking about

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pet_Shop_of_Horrors
Though the anime adaptation was only a few direct to video episodes.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 09:41:58 am by Reelya »

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: February 27, 2020, 11:22:16 am »

The behavior of [INVADERS_IGNORE_NEUTRALS] applies to infant and children members of the fort as well. The reason being that if they are morally inclined to not kill a caravan for trading with the enemy, they should also have reservations against stabbing babies just because their parents happen to be enemies.
[/goodpartofsuggestion]
If a neutral-ignoring invader orphans an infant or child, it carries infants and leads children along like a dwarf bringing an animal to pasture, with no limit to the number of dwarves an invader can acquire in this manner. This means a siege can degrade into a desperate balancing act between wrangling a horde of sobbing children, juggling an enitre generation of dwarven babies, and trying to fight off their half 75% 97.7% stark-raving mad 200% insane neighbors, friends, and extended family all at once.
If an invader manages to leave the map with a dwarf in tow, it adopts them and integrates them as member of their civilization. The game treats this like an abduction, and you can send dwarves on missions to unadopt the child.
[/terriblepartofsuggestion]
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: February 27, 2020, 02:02:39 pm »

The behavior of [INVADERS_IGNORE_NEUTRALS] applies to infant and children members of the fort as well. The reason being that if they are morally inclined to not kill a caravan for trading with the enemy, they should also have reservations against stabbing babies just because their parents happen to be enemies.
[/goodpartofsuggestion]
If a neutral-ignoring invader orphans an infant or child, it carries infants and leads children along like a dwarf bringing an animal to pasture, with no limit to the number of dwarves an invader can acquire in this manner. This means a siege can degrade into a desperate balancing act between wrangling a horde of sobbing children, juggling an enitre generation of dwarven babies, and trying to fight off their half 75% 97.7% stark-raving mad 200% insane neighbors, friends, and extended family all at once.
If an invader manages to leave the map with a dwarf in tow, it adopts them and integrates them as member of their civilization. The game treats this like an abduction, and you can send dwarves on missions to unadopt the child.
[/terriblepartofsuggestion]

War Orphans: Personal Matter.

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: February 28, 2020, 01:22:45 am »

Dwarven babies must be pastured or they will die.
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: February 28, 2020, 04:11:02 am »

Dwarven babies must be pastured or they will die.
Fwzrf babies will attempt to suckle other pastured animals in a sense of its mother. Dwarf babies will also attempt to ride an animal when not suckling. Dwarf babies who drink enough milk from other animals will gradually gain traits depending on how much of each animal’s milk they drink. Example: if a baby drinks 75% rabbit milk and 25% kangaroo milk, it will become a creature that is 75% rabbit and 25% kangaroo. Thus it can breed with rabbits and kangaroos

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: February 28, 2020, 06:32:27 am »

Don't allow dwarves to breed with kangaroos or this will end up as an emo furry game similar to the emo furry webcomic Boston and Shaun. To give you an idea about that comic, the main human character turns into a human/dragon hybrid and there are macrophilia fetishes, such as being shrunk and put in a kangaroo-hybrid person's pouch. Dwarf/roo furry hybrids will have pouches with baby dwarf-roo furry hybrids in them, attracting even weirder people to the game.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: February 28, 2020, 10:19:04 am »

Don't allow dwarves to breed with kangaroos or so this will end up as an emo furry game similar to the emo furry webcomic Boston and Shaun.
FTFY
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: February 28, 2020, 10:53:21 am »

Don't allow dwarves to breed with kangaroos

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: February 28, 2020, 04:52:55 pm »

Oh great, now I remember that exists. Fantastic.

Artistically inclined and zany dwarves should occasionally start engraving graffiti everywhere if left idle for too long. Younger dwarves should should be more inclined to this behavior.
Dwarves with very low craftsmanship and artwork values may also engrave over existing artwork to deface it. This destroys the original engraving, with the expected effect on its creator, but the new engraving always incorporates elements of the original engraving.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: February 28, 2020, 05:03:08 pm »

I think my suggestion was misunderstood. If a baby dwarf does not have dwarf milk, they wouldn’t be a dwarf, whichever animal’s milk they drink, they become, so in my example, the dwarf wouldn’t be a dwarf anymore, it wiuld be a rabbit kangaroo hybrid

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: February 29, 2020, 02:56:42 am »

What thread do you think you're in, Reelya.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: March 01, 2020, 11:22:01 am »

As dwarves never excrete anything, all the mass of the food they eat and liquid they drink should, by all rights, be conserved forever.  As such, once a dwarf stops growing, they slowly become more and more dense; a sufficiently long-lived and well-fed dwarf will become a tromping mass of meat heavier than an equal-sized lump of slade.  This makes falls a lot more...interesting.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 11:46:09 am by BigUglyWorm »
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 393