Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 392

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 475454 times)

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #150 on: January 28, 2019, 04:18:14 pm »

We already have an already implemented terrible suggestion: the Economy had been dummied out, but we could return to toe good times where dwarves did nothing but count and recount their coins.

More seriously, having to pay real money for each animal species present. Extend this to the plants too.
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

Criperum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 30, 2019, 06:07:32 pm »

Ptw

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 30, 2019, 07:53:02 pm »

Expanded Cave Adaption:

Those dwarves unlucky enough to be born in a player fort - if born and growing underground entirely develop severe cave adaption. Interaction with fresh air and sunlight (perhaps chasing down a very fancy sock) will immediately kill said dwarf.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 30, 2019, 07:54:27 pm »

Implement world ending catastrophes that can destroy the world, like world ebdubg spells, planet cracker asteroid strikes, Gods erasing the world.

Whenever this happens is game over.

There are no warnings, info or anything you can do about it beyond the usual the "end is upon us" borrowed among hundreds or thousands of similar profesies shouted by crazy guys in the corners of towns or in books and tomes.

From player perspective it would seem the game just randomly ends without cause.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 30, 2019, 10:18:46 pm »

That's all planned~
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 31, 2019, 08:30:19 am »

That's all planned~
Well, it would be a lot more fun than a simple "lol u ded" message. You would witness the destruction.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 31, 2019, 12:39:58 pm »

Or do something to either prevent it or cause it.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 31, 2019, 01:29:16 pm »

That's also planned. Mythgen is extremely complex. :P
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 01, 2019, 12:38:04 pm »

Implement world ending catastrophes that can destroy the world, like world ebdubg spells, planet cracker asteroid strikes, Gods erasing the world.
Multiverse ending catastrophes that destroy all your other worlds too.

Loading a save requires always-online DRM, so you can't load backups.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 01, 2019, 05:37:41 pm »

May as well go whole hog with total reality failure events akin to quantum vacuum decay (you can google it, but basically the universe could theoretically delete itself, spontaneously and without warning, at any time).  If one occurs, it deletes your current world, then all other worlds, then all files associated with Dwarf Fortress, then everything else on your entire computer, down through the program files, in an unstoppable wave of destruction.  This entire process is triggered if a given world returns a value that is checked for periodically during play and is based on the world's size, representing random fluctuations of the quantum foam: the bigger the world, the higher the probability for an "event".

Oh, and before it finishes bricking your computer, it plays a video message from ToadyOne and Threetoe that's just them laughing at you for a solid minute.
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 02, 2019, 11:25:24 am »

May as well go whole hog with total reality failure events akin to quantum vacuum decay (you can google it, but basically the universe could theoretically delete itself, spontaneously and without warning, at any time).  If one occurs, it deletes your current world, then all other worlds, then all files associated with Dwarf Fortress, then everything else on your entire computer, down through the program files, in an unstoppable wave of destruction.  This entire process is triggered if a given world returns a value that is checked for periodically during play and is based on the world's size, representing random fluctuations of the quantum foam: the bigger the world, the higher the probability for an "event".

Oh, and before it finishes bricking your computer, it plays a video message from ToadyOne and Threetoe that's just them laughing at you for a solid minute.

Why stop at the computer?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 02, 2019, 04:03:56 pm »

Why stop at the computer?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 05, 2019, 03:00:59 pm »

Since people love to compare the two games, apply Minecraft rules:
-sand is now the only solid block affected by gravity.
-"mechanisms" are now "redstone dust", but functionally exactly the same.
-cooking high-quality dishes involves complicated, finicky recipes; your chefs will inevitably just make massive stacks of porkchops pig biscuits.
-water flow mechanics are somehow even more confusing.
-the game ends when you kill a dragon and steal one of its eggs; this is signaled by a long, pretentious, painfully boring cutscene.
-no ramps.
-anyone with a Bay12 account can keep playing for free; everyone else has to pay $60 for a game that's still not feature-complete.
-ToadyOne makes enormous amounts of money, then immediately becomes a sexist ass who complains about feminism on Twitter.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 05, 2019, 05:12:37 pm »

From what I remember of Beta Minecraft, there's also gravel (which you can deliberately not extract a flint from, when excavating, because there was rarely any use for flints) by putting a torch below it when it falls. I counted every flint stored in chests (alongside the chests I stored all the gravel) as a failure.

And I remember when water changed from a basic 'aquifer layer' model to the "flows N-blocks sideways until it stops flowing, restarts on dropping a level" method. Really confused me when building a giant sandcastle (maybe 20 blocks radius at base, 40 blocks high, all sand apart from sandstone-lintelling holding up the ceiling of the rooms and stairways inside) that I then tried to flood the moat of (prior to slendermen, just an aesthetic choice at that point, rather than defence from block-grabbing, other mobs being easier to ignore). Only later did I learn to checkerboard bucketting in of new water to spawn the spaces between and get a still pool with least effort.  But they've probably changed it again, right?

Ramps(/steps) do(/did?) exist, but must be orientated. And crafted.

SixOfSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • likes flesh balls for their calming roundness
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 06, 2019, 10:10:34 am »

Non-alcoholic beer.
Dwarf Fortress -- kind of like Minecraft, but for people who hate themselves.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 392