Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 393

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 477524 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #1605 on: April 07, 2020, 06:46:19 am »

"dwarves have an emotional need for wagons"
Urist is sexually attracted to wagons. Urist felt ecstasy while fornicating with a wagon.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Lozzymandias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: April 07, 2020, 10:10:43 am »

Implement needs for wagons

Do you mean "dwarves have an emotional need for wagons", or "wagons have their own emotional needs"? The latter would be less impactful but more stupid, and therefore better.

implement wagon tantrums so you have to keep your wagons needs satisfied
"Come on, you sons of elves, do you want to live forever?"

Lozzymandias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: April 07, 2020, 10:12:35 am »

implement wagon plots. Wagons can scheme to overthrow you, and scuttle your fort

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: April 07, 2020, 10:13:58 am »

Do you mean "dwarves have an emotional need for wagons", or "wagons have their own emotional needs"? The latter would be less impactful but more stupid, and therefore better.

wagons have a favorite item, each wagon is born with a random favorite item, whether or not it can be produced in your fort. Whenever s wagon does not carry its favorite item, it will progressively go insane and run off in search of its favorite item. A wagon can not be cured of insanity until it is filled only with its favorite item. If it has even one item that isn’t its favorite item, it’s sanity will slowly drip away

Lozzymandias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: April 07, 2020, 10:19:22 am »

wagons have a favorite item, each wagon is born with a random favorite item, whether or not it can be produced in your fort. Whenever s wagon does not carry its favorite item, it will progressively go insane and run off in search of its favorite item. A wagon can not be cured of insanity until it is filled only with its favorite item. If it has even one item that isn’t its favorite item, it’s sanity will slowly drip away

Give wagon's a personality. Make their favourite item a feature of their personality and subject to change with the wagons experiences. Wagons opinions can be swayed by arguments, changing their favourite items. Wagons can have their values corrupted by plotters, which can include other wagons

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: April 07, 2020, 10:52:04 am »

Give wagon's a personality. Make their favourite item a feature of their personality and subject to change with the wagons experiences. Wagons opinions can be swayed by arguments, changing their favourite items. Wagons can have their values corrupted by plotters, which can include other wagons
now I am curious, how is sentience and personality even added to the game? Could one do this by modding? Imagine if plants have personalities too, or societies? More plant men, item men, living vehicles? Wagon men? Not on.y wagons gaining personality, but also humanoid wagon creatures as well?

Lozzymandias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: April 07, 2020, 01:03:23 pm »

now I am curious, how is sentience and personality even added to the game? Could one do this by modding? Imagine if plants have personalities too, or societies? More plant men, item men, living vehicles? Wagon men? Not on.y wagons gaining personality, but also humanoid wagon creatures as well?

I would point you at the ancient texts of Wagon Fortress: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=25508.0

This was of course before personalities and needs and you just needed to stack up happy thoughts to keep the dwarves sane. But some work was done to adapt wagons as a playable creature.

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
  • i should really migrate my saves...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: April 07, 2020, 02:33:49 pm »

WereWagons
Dawnthunder: It menaces with spikes of tetanus
After the fire had burned down all of the wooden next boxes on the surface, Mottled Petrel was reluctant to replace them with more wooden nest boxes. Instead, he placed the remaining store of wooden nest boxes in the dormitory for any aspiring koopa mothers.

The nest boxes were immediately overrun by helmet snakes.

SixOfSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • likes flesh balls for their calming roundness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: April 08, 2020, 03:58:06 am »

Interracial marriages between dwarves & wagons, including fertile offspring.
Dwarf Fortress -- kind of like Minecraft, but for people who hate themselves.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: April 08, 2020, 04:35:46 am »

All noble positions must be filled by wagons.

Criperum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: April 08, 2020, 07:44:26 am »

Not a bad suggestion, i actually think it's awesome but it seems fitting here.
Bronze Colossi, Giants and other huge creatures can kick dwarfes and other much smaller creatures into flight.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: April 08, 2020, 07:49:53 am »

Now all I can think of is giants playing football with a dwarf as the ball.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: April 08, 2020, 07:53:18 am »

I would pay to watch minotaurs play rugby with a plumphelmetman.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: April 08, 2020, 07:55:39 am »

When plump helmet men and plump helmet women bite a creature that isn’t their race they turn into a plump helmet man of the opposite sex as the one that bit them. A creature bittenb7 a plump helmet man will turn into a plump helmet woman and vice versa

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: April 08, 2020, 07:58:20 am »

The transformation happens instantly and provides a message like werebeast transformations. Plumphelmetpeople are also aggressive against each other - should two get in a biting match, the game becomes unplayable as you constantly unpause hoping one will die.

Also, plump helmet men don't have mouths.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 393