Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 391

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 474482 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #1680 on: May 15, 2020, 05:32:47 pm »

Well, a Referendum Result means a Referendum Result, after all!

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: May 16, 2020, 01:54:22 pm »

Another suggestion: unanimity and liberum veto.
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: May 17, 2020, 05:17:58 am »

Give everything a very low Flash point, to reduce the effort needed to set the world on fire.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: May 17, 2020, 01:10:12 pm »

Give everything a very low Flash point, to reduce the effort needed to set the world on fire.
We didn't start the fire.
It was always burning
Since the world's been turning.
...literally, it's always been this way.  Someone help us.
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: May 28, 2020, 07:39:57 pm »

Introduce a new way to improve physical attributes: the Fitness Cross, a piece of furniture dwarves can use to grind Strength and Endurance.  It's an effective way to toughen up the softer members of your fort, but as an unfortunate side-effect, any dwarf who uses a Fitness Cross often enough will take every opportunity to talk about it in glowing terms, regardless of context or propriety.
"Not one week ago, the goblin Snodub Bloodsword killed my husband, Urist McSoldier."
"I improved my Strength recently.  That was very satisfying!"
"How fragile life is...begone, fear!"
"Put your faith in Cross-Fitness!"

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: May 29, 2020, 08:52:58 am »

Since there is no PHF(female). Give Plump Helmet Man, a lost female trait, like LotR's Ents(treebeard). PHM maybe fat, bald and smelly, but he deserves the memories of love and also the bitterpill, of stress from heartbreak and heartburn.

Its unbalaning for me that animal men suffer no stress, no alcohol(or drug of choice) overdosing and no cascadelike infighting. I'd think the average DF player would greatly enjoy a, for example, unlayeden Swallow Man battle in the skys over their fortress. With the teminal animal man plummeting recklessly, to their bitter end, causing trees to transform into lumber, and pools to bubble over in cyclic fury from the haphazard impacts caused by the denestificated aerial denizens.
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: May 29, 2020, 08:59:18 am »

- Ditch the current DF lore in the game.
- Copy exactly, to the t, claiming to be official, both the Warhammer and the Warcraft lore. Bonus points if manage to make two versions of the game, one for each lore.
- Wait for the nuclear lawyer meltdown on the game, as activition and gamesworkshop gorge on endless lawsuits.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Urist9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: May 29, 2020, 01:35:47 pm »

Make the game winnable.

Once you researched every topic, the game displays: "The age of technology has begun." and the game ends.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: May 29, 2020, 02:26:03 pm »

If you find an oil deposit, dwarves become so addicted to crude, not any sort of refined, oil that they now have blackened beards. Furthermore, said dwarves are now crude oil dependent and will throw tantrum spirals if not given enough crude oil on a daily basis. Have fun watching your fort crumble! (note: this is not a suggestion I want taken too seriously. I would hate actually having this in the game)

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: May 29, 2020, 03:22:07 pm »

@IFM, that suggestion would provide, interesting uses for piping, and nonwood barrels, lets say, kegs.  Piping unrefined crude could be highly addicting, but weaponizing refined crude, highly explosive. DF really should have crude kegs, for tapping to taverns and very long fuse lit, catapulting. A long fuse crude keg, or Uristile Cocktail, trajectory should be able to bounce before detonating, which eventually occurs, unless submersed.
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: May 29, 2020, 03:36:01 pm »

First, dwarfs would find themselves attracted to the sweet smell of the crude, then snorting the vapors for the uplifting feelings, then boiling pots of crude and "warming" their faces over it. And from that comes the black beards, whose glazed eyes and oil-dipped beards represent new lows in the fort, as they shamble about at slow speeds and haul things to incorrect locations... This is sort of depressing.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: May 29, 2020, 08:03:22 pm »

Well, then, let's lighten it up!  Oil and its derivatives do irreparable damage to the environment, making them valuable weapons against elves!  Dump enough barrels in a forest retreat and they'll have to abandon it for good!  If it's consumable to dwarves but not other races, you can use it to poison the water supplies of neighboring settlements!  Pour it in a river for easy and effective mass-fishing!  Dump it in a lake and set the water on fire!  Burn enough of it and you'll wreck the climate, forcing all creatures to retreat underground or die in catastrophic storms and droughts!  Endless possibilities!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: May 29, 2020, 08:51:06 pm »

In Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, you could raise (or lower) sea levels by (approximations to) that kind of behaviour. So, then, that. Build domes over your shoreline forts, or they get flooded!

(Actually, the last time I messed with Arena Mode it was basically to flood the whooe place by magmacasting walls and then setting up water-sources, IIRC, then moving within its flooded undercroft as a flame creature, watching the FPS dwindle down. So maybe I'll admit that flooding fortresses by raising the sea-level is actually just too much fun to be a Terrible Suggestion.)

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
  • i should really migrate my saves...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: June 01, 2020, 03:32:24 pm »

Adamantine dissolves when exposed to crude
Dawnthunder: It menaces with spikes of tetanus
After the fire had burned down all of the wooden next boxes on the surface, Mottled Petrel was reluctant to replace them with more wooden nest boxes. Instead, he placed the remaining store of wooden nest boxes in the dormitory for any aspiring koopa mothers.

The nest boxes were immediately overrun by helmet snakes.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: June 01, 2020, 06:53:53 pm »

Adamantine disolves when exposed to goblin blood.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 391