Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 394

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 479783 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #1800 on: June 25, 2020, 09:37:32 pm »

Dwarves can't successfully transmit CCD to bees however, because they will attempt to do so by biting the bees. The be is crunched into paste instantly and thus cannot be a further carrier.
It does make the rest of the colony chase down that dwarf and sting it to death, however.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: June 26, 2020, 03:26:39 am »

No matter what's happening all bees will go after dwarves and sting them to death.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: June 26, 2020, 03:46:53 am »

Stinging a dwarf causes a bee to contract CCD. The bee dies after stinging the dwarf, but other bees will attempt to perform CPR on the bee and contract CCD.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: June 26, 2020, 03:11:18 pm »

A carpenter bee with CCD would use a Diffeomorphism grid.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 03:13:02 pm by knutor »
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: June 26, 2020, 06:45:21 pm »

Dwarves hide stingers under their beards.

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: June 26, 2020, 07:17:09 pm »

Dwarves wear beards made of bees (beeards) that allow them to function as hives.  Eventually, all dwarves in a fortress will have beeards; bees from different beeards can start fights, and they'll attack anything that attacks their dwarf.  None of this makes them immune to stings, and if immersed in water, the bees will drown, making the dwarf beeardless and turning them despondent.
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: June 26, 2020, 07:21:57 pm »

Dwarves wear beards made of bees (beeards) that allow them to function as hives.  Eventually, all dwarves in a fortress will have beeards; bees from different beeards can start fights, and they'll attack anything that attacks their dwarf.  None of this makes them immune to stings, and if immersed in water, the bees will drown, making the dwarf beeardless and turning them despondent.
Furthermore, beearded dwarves will attempt to forcibly make any non-beearded intelligent creature (has [CAN_LEARN]) have a beeard.
Any non-beearded dwarves will receive the same treatment.
Since dwarves and non-beearded intelligent creatures are not immune to bee stings, you might have !!FUN!! with this...

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: June 26, 2020, 07:35:21 pm »

Furthermore, beearded dwarves will attempt to forcibly make any non-beearded intelligent creature (has [CAN_LEARN]) have a beeard.
FTFY.

This includes bees, resulting in recursive beeards that lead to madness for all who bear witness. (Especially bears. That goes without saying.)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 07:37:26 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: June 26, 2020, 07:56:55 pm »

The problem I see with bees having beeards is that the host bee might get crushed by the surrounding bees, oh nope that’s something else, it would be lots of bees linking together, am assuming other creatures of similar sizes will simply be forced to link up with the bees due to the fact that a beeard would significantly limit, say a wasp host’s flight ability.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: June 26, 2020, 08:17:54 pm »

This includes bees, resulting in recursive beeards that lead to madness for all who bear witness. (Especially bears. That goes without saying.)
While bee beards are compulsory, bear arms are merely allowed and not forbidden (even though they can be messy). Though some dwarves treat their Right To Bear Arms as effectively compulsary, anyway.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: June 27, 2020, 03:45:58 am »

The problem I see with bees having beeards is that the host bee might get crushed by the surrounding bees, oh nope that’s something else, it would be lots of bees linking together, am assuming other creatures of similar sizes will simply be forced to link up with the bees due to the fact that a beeard would significantly limit, say a wasp host’s flight ability.
It's not a problem if the bee's beeard is smaller than the bee, this also has the side affect of leading to smaller and smaller bees!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: June 27, 2020, 04:14:29 pm »

Dye thread.
Dye clothe.
Dye bee beards.

The otherday I saw an orange bee fly past me, he was covered in orange flower pollen. He was most likely heading for a dye workstation, for another yellow and black.

"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

Dishmab

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: June 27, 2020, 10:17:53 pm »

having added hemp plants, and having alcohol, one might expect some smokable activities to occure. pipe making and smokable product production might make sense. animations for smokeing dwarves would be supreme. not every dwarf should smoke, but it would make sense that some would. pipes would be a great craft.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: June 28, 2020, 01:14:59 am »

Non-smoking dwarves get upset when other dwarves smoke in non-smoking sections of the fortress.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: June 28, 2020, 04:15:21 am »

Smoking dwarves have a chance to ignite cavern gasses causing explosions, this is made worse by all dwarves smoking and all caverns  being completely filled with flammable gasses.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 394