Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 392

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 476602 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #1845 on: July 10, 2020, 06:46:19 am »

A random monkey be it in world gen or the course of the game gain the hability to shout "Noooooo!" and has a bonus in combat against dropout from wizards school working as zoo keepers.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 03:56:39 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: July 10, 2020, 07:04:39 am »

Suggestion, instead of at year 0, the game starts world-genning at -65 million years and all sentient races haven't evolved yet (mammalian, avian and reptile precursors). At year 0, it checks whether dwarves evolved or not, and if not, it rejects that world and starts genning the 65 million years again, because the world has to have dwarves.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: July 10, 2020, 10:28:33 am »

Dwarves have Flintstones-style technology utilizing subterranean creatures.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: July 10, 2020, 03:31:35 pm »

Suggestion, instead of at year 0, the game starts world-genning at -65 million years and all sentient races haven't evolved yet (mammalian, avian and reptile precursors). At year 0, it checks whether dwarves evolved or not, and if not, it rejects that world and starts genning the 65 million years again, because the world has to have dwarves.

Implementing evolution might actually be a good idea, and yet generating all 65 millions of years is a pretty much evil idea.
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: July 10, 2020, 03:39:54 pm »

It is, indeed, when it ignores roughly 98.6% of the possible Worldgen cycle, and c.75% of that involving life and (technically, potentially) Historic Figures.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: July 13, 2020, 09:31:14 am »

4yrs ago Toady did that. History seed has a prehistory, aswell. Watched it close back then. It was to pre age, the Megabeast:Dragon. Takes 1000yrs for them to mature. I think game goes backwards as far as that, but my memory from 4yrs ago, is very sketchy.
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: July 13, 2020, 09:42:14 am »

4yrs ago Toady did that. History seed has a prehistory, aswell. Watched it close back then. It was to pre age, the Megabeast:Dragon. Takes 1000yrs for them to mature. I think game goes backwards as far as that, but my memory from 4yrs ago, is very sketchy.

I'm pretty sure whatever history they might have is just made up on the spot at year 0.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: July 13, 2020, 09:47:14 am »

World gen takes to long, lets just get rid of it and make up everything on the spot.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: July 13, 2020, 10:21:13 am »

Savegame loading is too long, randomly generate new residents, visitors, invaders, UGs, livestock, wildlife, inventories, stocks, discarded items, severed bits, workshops, layout, terrain, and all aspects of worldgen each new session.

Also saves on disc-space, with no persistence at all. (Anything that might he pagefiled out to swapspace can probably be randomly regenerated from scratch, mid-game, as it goes out of sight, out of mind...)

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: July 13, 2020, 01:43:08 pm »

Instead of magma the main liquid substance of the world should be vanilla pudding.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: July 13, 2020, 04:10:07 pm »

Water is replaced by mustard.

Booze is replaced with fancy ketchup packets.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: July 13, 2020, 05:31:16 pm »

Maces are replaced by those huge pepper-grinders...

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: July 13, 2020, 10:28:01 pm »

Dwarves are just gummy bears.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: July 14, 2020, 05:00:04 am »

Everything is food, food, food
Everything is go cat go
Everything is food for thought
Everything you know, know, know
Is food
Everything is food
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile
Redesign Underworld A Bit
« Reply #1859 on: July 14, 2020, 09:36:00 am »

UNIQUE_DEMON creatures would always have a brain extract that allows teleporting below into the underworld by a specific portal once the portal is reached. The specific portal is the same one of the spire that the demon was summoned by. Below the portal there wouldn't be any slade constructs since it has to be explained somehow that demons don't enter the building. Instead there would be a 3x3 platform right below made of slade that shines purple just like the portal does. Standing in the middle of it and doing LSHIFT+5 will get you back. Oh yeah the portal itself outside the underworld also has 3x3 size.

You can also get the extract by ordering the demon to go away into underworld if you know he's name. He drops it only if you decide to mention it so if you consider embarking to underworld pointless or even immoral just so someone can get famous you can do that.

If you bend demon to your will and make him your companion you're gonna need him to use the portal.

Drinking the extract also grants the knowledge of the vault's location that contains slab with a name of a specific demon who was summoned.

The effect of the liquid is permanent. Drinking more than necessary has no effect other than satisfying thirst and preventing the others from having this power. You can also teleport to and out of underworld anything and anyone in the range of the portal.

I do also believe that after going through those vast open rooms the labirynth to the portal should be far more non-linear but only one path would lack traps.

Regular demons cannot teleport through portals at all in fact they will block transfering if they are at least 6 tiles close to it.

In the underworld there would be eerie fauna only capable of surviving in the underworld due to it's atmosphere. Demons have increased spawnrate near it so if you decide to plant it near the portal expect a surprise attack. Those plants won't survive for long outside the underworld for up to 9 hours. When alive they are capable of curing living beings out of sanity issues so you can actually save catatonic dwarves from starvation or melancholic ones from suicide stuff. Now you have a reason to visit the underworld but even more you have a reason to dig "too deep" since dark fortresses are usually generated pretty far from dwarf forts.

I do also believe that instead of spawning lots of demons upon digging "too deep" there should already be a lot of flying demons close to adamantine since adamantine should attract all demons. Now you have a reason to not have your world having too many runes when creating it.

I was also thinking of an idea of making water vaporize if it gets into the underworld due to the atmosphere being dangerous in there for it. Skin of most living creatures is capable of stopping the atmosphere from vaporizing water inside of them. This is all due to preventing one "stupid dwarf trick" from being too useful.

Do you know why this request is terrible? Because it's never going to happen.
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 392