Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 391

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 474522 times)

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #210 on: February 13, 2019, 05:37:49 pm »

For that matter, we should bring back a semblance of the glory of Boatmurdered by simulating musth for male elephants.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 14, 2019, 12:08:05 am »

Male horses should attack nearby non-vermin creatures that are not female horses while near another male horse to make the horse simulation aspect or the game more accurate.
Turn DF into Horse Economy 3: Stable Markets.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Criperum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 14, 2019, 04:41:02 am »

Make... all actions in the game... performed like in Black & White... using hand and signs drawn on the land with this hand. Mouse only control.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 14, 2019, 07:09:40 am »

Part of me wants to see an attempt to port DF to smartphones, with some kind of gesture-based control, where each keyboard button is mapped to some gesture performed at the lower half (assuming vertical orientation) of the screen. The top half would just be a (draggable, sort of like DFhack's mousequery) view of the fortress/surroundings. Where would the microtransactions and bobblehead-like animations go, though? (Seriously, those kinds of animations take up far too much of my brain power just to resolve their motion relative to the background. They piss me off.)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 07:21:06 am by methylatedspirit »

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 14, 2019, 09:51:09 am »

Make... all actions in the game... performed like in Black & White... using hand and signs drawn on the land with this hand. Mouse only control.
And once more my leet PalmPilot skillz would be useful! Mwuhahahaha!!!

(Bonus points if that becomes the basis of the graphics-pack.)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 09:53:12 am by Starver »

Urist McUristUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 14, 2019, 10:17:03 am »

Corn crake should be added as as a rare plains creature. They'd move witht the same speed crossbow bolts do. When a group of them arrives at the site and every day following then unthil they leave, their presence would be announced announced and dwarves with a prefference for them get a happy thought. Any creature that is next to one during a presence announcement, would get an ear injury.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 14, 2019, 10:28:23 am »

Male horses should attack nearby non-vermin creatures that are not female horses while near another male horse to make the horse simulation aspect or the game more accurate.
Horses do that ?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 14, 2019, 02:42:55 pm »

Some will, yes. They're less likely to when gelded, I believe.

Horses vary a great deal in character. You can encounter very resourceful, crafty, charming vicious and mad individuals. A rather accurate change I suspect no one would like to see made would be changing horse behaviour to be more like gremlins.
One wheel short of a wagon

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 14, 2019, 05:20:02 pm »

An evil-biome equivalent to the fluffy wambler called a Scruffy Shambler.  Shaggy and rangy, they nonetheless have a pet value in the thousands, adopt dwarves like cats, reproduce extremely quickly, and will steal food and drink.  Additionally, whenever they suffer tissue damage (from, say, an attempted gelding, getting in fights with other animals, or being culled by your militia), they release Shambler Soot, a potent form of thralling dust that makes anyone it touches into a Shambler Shambler, opposed to all life except Shambler-type critters while also boosting their stats.  Concerned pet owners and hungry wildlife quickly turn into a powerful horde of undead monsters, even as the original Shamblers clean out your larder.
Oh, and if you can keep them alive through their 18-20 year lifespan, they explode upon death with the force of a small cave-in.
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 14, 2019, 08:26:44 pm »

An evil-biome equivalent to the fluffy wambler called a Scruffy Shambler.  Shaggy and rangy, they nonetheless have a pet value in the thousands, adopt dwarves like cats, reproduce extremely quickly, and will steal food and drink.  Additionally, whenever they suffer tissue damage (from, say, an attempted gelding, getting in fights with other animals, or being culled by your militia), they release Shambler Soot, a potent form of thralling dust that makes anyone it touches into a Shambler Shambler, opposed to all life except Shambler-type critters while also boosting their stats.  Concerned pet owners and hungry wildlife quickly turn into a powerful horde of undead monsters, even as the original Shamblers clean out your larder.
Oh, and if you can keep them alive through their 18-20 year lifespan, they explode upon death with the force of a small cave-in.
I'm imagining people caging them up and dropping them on elves and goblins.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 14, 2019, 10:41:37 pm »

Or Kirks?

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 14, 2019, 11:02:20 pm »

Any chance of being able to mod this in right now? Because I'm gonna try.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Criperum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 15, 2019, 03:48:47 am »

They should also eat absolutely everything. Not only regular food and drinks. They will eat cloth, rocks,  weapon etc.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 15, 2019, 04:06:51 am »

Extending the effects of Shambler Soot to worldgen would cause disasters many times more disastrous than Chernobyl. I don't know if pet ownership is a thing in worldgen, but if it is, the moment a pet Scruffy Shambler gets injured, the entire town/fortress/whatever becomes a huge deathtrap for the next ~20 years.

To add insult to injury, they (Scruffy Shamblers and Shambler Shamblers) should also be migratory, seeking new owners/victims as their local population of infectable creatures decreases. Also, if Shambler Shamblers aren't already [BUILDINGDESTROYER:2], they should be.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 04:17:24 am by methylatedspirit »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 391