Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 391

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 474622 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #2130 on: September 16, 2020, 08:35:14 am »

Well, not with the shit, though vomit could perhaps make an appearance if it's not just viceral body fluids.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But we need a Terrible Idea. So... force Toady into a situation where he must integrate lavatorial globs and liquids before any more DF development can proceed.

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: September 16, 2020, 01:42:55 pm »

In really, really evil biomes, it rains entire necromancer towers.

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: September 16, 2020, 03:45:44 pm »

I think it sometimes rains "filth", which isn't anything specific, but some people head-canon it as shit.
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: September 16, 2020, 04:20:45 pm »

Head-cannon to fire shit.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #2134 on: September 17, 2020, 12:24:49 am »

I think it sometimes rains "filth", which isn't anything specific, but some people head-canon it as shit.

It's pretty straightforward - there are two kinds of "filth" in the game files, one is yellow and liquid and the other is brown and solid.

betaking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: September 17, 2020, 01:48:51 am »

Sometimes dwarfs will wander through your territory who appear to be avoiding work or military service. You can choose to subject them to arbitrary hastle through your duly appointed Sheriff/CotG, such as dragging them back to the side of the map when they try to visit the tavern, imprisonment with menaces and cutting off their beards.

Every now and then, you'll find out that this dwarf is a veteran military dwarf and you'll find your escalated efforts to punish them turning into an unfair fight in the landscape surrounding your fort, with traps you didn't create causing problems for any militia unit you might send against them and (if you persist) possible destruction of various sections of your fort and undodgable ranged damage on your Sheriff, etc.

Alternatively you might discover that the dwarf in question has a tendency to litter and take up residency in temples with little foot-traffic, so is best allowed on it's way.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: September 17, 2020, 01:58:30 am »

It's pretty straightforward - there are two kinds of "filth" in the game files, one is yellow and liquid and the other is brown and solid.
Trees should be generated made out of random materials, such as piss.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: September 17, 2020, 02:13:08 am »

When the magic ark has finished wizards should be able to focus on one element and get more power out of it than if they spread around and used multiple, and they should be able to use this one element to create anything they could want with said element, such as you could become a piss wizard and create a forest of piss.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: September 17, 2020, 07:07:21 am »

Terrifiying biomes that are specially corrupted end up having scary features like skull shaped lakes, mountains and cliffs.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: September 17, 2020, 07:15:32 am »

Terrifiying biomes that are specially corrupted end up having scary features like skull shaped lakes, mountains and cliffs.
That is a terrible suggestion. It'd leave virtually nothing left of this sort for the habitual relandscaper to do for themselves... ;)

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: September 17, 2020, 08:17:02 am »

Skull shaped lakes are skull-shaped in 3 dimensions - meaning they're visual nonsense for the player.

Skull shaped mountains are skull-shaped in 2 dimensions vertically - meaning they're visual nonsense for the player.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: September 17, 2020, 08:30:18 am »

Not good enough. They both need to be skull-shaped in at least four dimensions:
  • East-West
  • Past-Future
  • Sweet-Sour
  • Left-Right (in the political sense where far-Left and far-Right bend round and join up again, behind you where you can't keep an eye on them).

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: September 17, 2020, 08:41:02 am »

I knew that sweet and sour soup was too good to be limited to 3 dimensions...

Steedat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: September 17, 2020, 09:11:16 am »

• Left-Right (in the political sense where far-Left and far-Right bend round and join up again, behind you where you can't keep an eye on them).

Speaking of 'political sense'...

Dwarves should form at least two political factions around the same time you get to elect a mayor. Members of the elected Mayor's faction attend parties more often and get more negative thoughts when needs aren't met.

Members of opposing factions are less productive and more likely to tantrum as long as the mayor is in power.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2144 on: September 18, 2020, 07:09:46 am »

Make everything in fortress mode political, watch as they vote, argue, protest, and fight over everything, like whether or not to cut down a tree, mine some stone, or brew some booze, then watch as they all starve to death because they won't stop bickering over every damn thing.
    The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
    Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
    but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
    Quote from: Leodanny
    Can I have the sword when you’re done?
    Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 391