Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 390

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 463952 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #2190 on: September 23, 2020, 02:31:37 am »

How do you know that dwarfs aren't already taller than humans? All we have is volume of the creature, and simple descriptors saying they're tall / short for a dwarf. Every dwarf could be a stalk reaching the sky and every elf could be wider than they are tall and we would never know.

There's a line from the elven diplomat that makes fun of the dwarves' height.

Elves now gaslight dwarves on a variety of subjects. Dwarves should be grateful that elves shared their invention of magma with them.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 02:33:12 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: September 23, 2020, 03:00:33 am »

How do you know that dwarfs aren't already taller than humans? All we have is volume of the creature, and simple descriptors saying they're tall / short for a dwarf. Every dwarf could be a stalk reaching the sky and every elf could be wider than they are tall and we would never know.

There's a line from the elven diplomat that makes fun of the dwarves' height.

Elves now gaslight dwarves on a variety of subjects. Dwarves should be grateful that elves shared their invention of magma with them.

Maybe elves are so dumb they can't tell the difference between a dwarf being short and a dwarf just being far away.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: September 23, 2020, 04:32:27 am »

Dwarves are measured in only 2 dimensions, clearing up that there are no tall dwarves. In fact, there's no tall anythings now.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: September 23, 2020, 06:24:49 am »

One dimensional fortress where the only thing that matters is length.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: September 23, 2020, 09:54:08 am »

To optimise pathfinding, all tiles are now discrete points with no connections to any other points.

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: September 23, 2020, 01:42:57 pm »

To optimise pathfinding, all tiles are now discrete points with no connections to any other points.
To optimise pathfinding, entities now just teleport to their destinations.  Encumbrance, lost limbs, and other factors know just affect the length of their teleportation cooldown.
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: September 23, 2020, 02:08:09 pm »

To optimise pathfinding, all locations have been compressed into a singularity occupying zero volume.

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: September 23, 2020, 02:35:41 pm »

And what about the different sizes for clothing?
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: September 24, 2020, 04:24:46 am »

And what about the different sizes for clothing?
That's just done to make it harder on the player, but also dwarves wouldn't be caught dead in elf clothing as its beneath them.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: September 24, 2020, 05:57:53 am »

Clothing is just Large or Small compared to you - I'd consider my grandfather's shirts too large for me, despite him being a head shorter than me - since he's pretty heavyset.

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: September 24, 2020, 09:49:37 pm »

To optimise pathfinding, all locations have been compressed into a singularity occupying zero volume.
To optimize pathfinding, pathfinding is removed from the game.
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

Nordlicht

• Bay Watcher
  • Wuschelig & Wunderlich
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: September 24, 2020, 10:23:29 pm »

Even when Dwarves walk in random circles and do their jobs when they stumble upon them by sheer luck, the chances that a broker will be at the depot to trade is still the same.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: September 25, 2020, 08:28:59 am »

That's just done to make it harder on the player, but also dwarves wouldn't be caught dead in elf clothing as its beneath them.

Each dwarf now has a randomly generated set of clothes they wouldn't be caught dead in.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: September 25, 2020, 09:10:54 am »

And a second set which immediately ensures that they are.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: September 25, 2020, 09:33:00 am »

And a third set that causes them to tantrum if they aren't covered in items from the set. Items in this set are not mutually exclusive with the first two.

Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 390