Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 393

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 476944 times)

Fikilili

• Bay Watcher
  • "Elves make no sense, change my mind."
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #2415 on: October 23, 2020, 04:52:47 pm »

Mini-dwarves can also be maintained in some sort of patio for your dwarves to watch. When a mini-dwarf fortress becomes the subject of interest of a scholar, he may be tempted to record the history of your mini-dwarves. Toad-men are particularly fond of mini-dwarves.
Because of their size, they see normal lizards and gila-monsters as giants (and are mini-building destroyers). Interaction between the mini-dwarves and the lizards will resolve in mini-fun, which will entertain your dwarves.
"Military? What's that? Something to eat?"

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: October 23, 2020, 05:19:44 pm »

Great dwarves have little dwarves within their guts to mine 'em, And little dwarves have lesser dwarves, just so like botulinum. And the great dwarves themselves, in turn, have greater dwarves to dig in; While these again have greater still, and greater still, re-begin!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: October 24, 2020, 04:04:03 am »

Dwarves within dwarves within dwarves within dwarves, we need to go deeper!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: October 24, 2020, 04:13:58 am »

Dwarves inside dwarves now trigger dig-deep disasters in world gen.

Fikilili

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: October 24, 2020, 04:40:48 am »

The generated world is a giant dwarf.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: October 24, 2020, 05:14:18 am »

The generated world is a giant dwarf.
And that dwarf lives in a world that is also a giant dwarf, and that dwarf lives in a world that is also a giant dwarf, and that dwarf lives in a world that is also a giant dwarf, and that dwarf....
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Urist McUristUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: October 24, 2020, 05:49:50 am »

Mini-dwarves can farm and butcher vermin. Finally a source of anole brain!

Fikilili

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: October 24, 2020, 06:40:20 am »

Mini-dwarves are likely to be bothered by mini-elves for grass-cutting and using tree branches for their armor, tools and furniture. Mini-elves grow mini-trees in the shape of what they want.
Forgotten Vermin may attach your mini-dwarves, and the best way to deal with it is to send a dwarf to squash the thing before it causes mini-fun.
If mini-dwarves aren't given mini-tombs, they will come back as mini-ghosts.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: October 24, 2020, 10:42:41 am »

Mini-kobolds can steal your dwarves' crumbs. If the crumbs are from a masterwork roast, each stolen crumb results in a masterwork loss.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: October 24, 2020, 10:39:08 pm »

When a dwarf reaches the stage at which they would normally “hunt a small creature” for food, there should be a chance that they instead seek out, murder, and consume one of their fellow dwarves.  Over time, their features should change to be leaner, taller,  and more gracile, they should become enamored with trees, and their ears should lengthen as their beard falls out.  During this time, they should occasionally augment their usual food with some more of your dwarves.  If not caught and dealt with within the one year incubation period, they should then leave your fortress to found a forest retreat nearby, returning annually to complain about how many trees you are cutting down, make jokes about your physical stature, and consume some more of your dwarves.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 01:24:31 am by A_Curious_Cat »
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: October 25, 2020, 10:12:42 am »

When a dwarf reaches the stage at which they would normally “hunt a small creature” for food, there should be a chance that they instead seek out and eat your carefully collected minidwarves, which should cause the minidwarves to eat their way out of the offending dwarf.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: October 26, 2020, 12:03:48 pm »

Dwarven shoes should require shoelaces.  Each pair of shoes should require 2 shoelaces, one for each shoe.  These should be made out of appropriate materials (with, for example, one tanned hide giving one shoelace) and should wear out far faster than the shoes that they are used with.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: October 26, 2020, 12:21:26 pm »

Craftsdwarf output now needs to produce aglets. Two per raw rock/bar/log, to be generous. ;)

Fikilili

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: October 26, 2020, 12:49:23 pm »

Replace the "Clowns" of the "Hidden fun stuff" with actual clowns and a circus. Upon digging too deep, the DF Theme radically changes to Entry of the Gladiators by Julius Fucik.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: October 26, 2020, 01:03:13 pm »

Dwarves flock to the circus and refuse to return or work or pull levers. Your fort will auto abandon if Every dwarf successfully makes it to the circus, and after any outliers die off. The clowns will bring all the food and booze accessible to them down to please the dwarves.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 393