Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 391

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 474277 times)

Nordlicht

• Bay Watcher
  • Wuschelig & Wunderlich
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #2640 on: December 11, 2020, 02:42:34 pm »

Make a bot that turns every Suggestion in this Forum into a terrible suggestion.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: December 11, 2020, 04:41:30 pm »

Make a bot that turns every Suggestion in this Forum into a terrible suggestion.

Hey!  I don’t need any competition!  Okay?!  :P
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: December 12, 2020, 03:12:14 am »

They took our jobs!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: December 12, 2020, 05:06:00 am »

Dwarf golems that take over all the jobs in the fort, work twice as fast and never eat, drink, sleep or take breaks for any reason. Dwarves hate this because they can't pay rent in the new economy if they don't work. Millions are homeless and starving
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: December 13, 2020, 05:03:58 am »

They took our jobs!

Dwarven tasks can be automated to the point that a UBI is necessary from the Overseer.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: December 13, 2020, 07:43:43 am »

Dwarfs jobs need payment, in real life coinage.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: December 13, 2020, 10:56:30 am »

Dwarf Fortress is now a subscription based game.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Nordlicht

• Bay Watcher
  • Wuschelig & Wunderlich
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: December 13, 2020, 11:11:03 am »

With ingame ads, product placement, cash shop, loot boxes and paid mods only . Modders have to acquire a modding pass to publish and get 5% of the revenue. It also installs at least ten additional tool bars in your browser each time you start it.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: December 13, 2020, 11:24:54 am »

It requires, and works exclusively on Windows ME.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: December 13, 2020, 02:43:11 pm »

DF pops up in bonus-content ads in other apps.

(You know the kind. Exactly the same puzzles - just with different skins - being 'failed' to persuade you that you're smarter than the hypothetical user you're seeing a replay of.  Only in DF's case it's not so simple as to just drop the lava on the shark first, and it always starts and ends with the HFS being broken into by a totally unprepared miner.)

In common with some of those ads, the end of the ad doesn't feature the name, and because nobody every intentionally clicks on anything but the ad-closer when they're just 'watching' to get a speed-up feature, so it just annoys people and gets virtually no clicks.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: December 13, 2020, 03:39:01 pm »

These game ads fraudulently promise a reward for watching the ad, then proceed to show the ad with no ad-closer at the end.  This leaves the user with no way of getting out of the ad besides force-quitting the game, thus ensuring that the player will not receive the benefit that was fraudulently promised to them.  This causes the player to hate both the game they were playing, and DF.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: December 13, 2020, 04:04:16 pm »

Only in DF's case it's not so simple as to just drop the lava on the shark first, and it always starts and ends with the HFS being broken into by a totally unprepared miner.

The ad shows footage of some kind of Dig Dug clone and is not in any way representative of DF gameplay.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: December 13, 2020, 06:49:27 pm »

DF is advertised with inane statements like "If you can reach level 3, you are legally skilled", along with a mobile game that is nothing like DF. In some ads, DF is advertised as a choose-your-own-adventure game, with situations like "If I betray my boss, I'll get killed!", along with the choices "Murder Boss" and "Seduce Boss".

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: December 13, 2020, 06:52:19 pm »

The ads are in Dwarven.
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: December 13, 2020, 07:54:51 pm »

Arôl-est konad stisträs nokzam*

(*Only 1% of players can complete this level!)
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 391