Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 394

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 477929 times)

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #2985 on: February 07, 2021, 09:55:23 pm »

Uhmm... you do realize that only the person who started the thread can add a poll to it.  You’ll have to contact them somehow (and hope that they are still active on the forums) and get them to put the poll up.
But...I am the person who started the thread!  Over two years ago, with my humble suggestion for a "Kick Shin" attack.

And your nomination will be taken into consideration.  Thanks!
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: February 07, 2021, 10:35:33 pm »

Uhmm... you do realize that only the person who started the thread can add a poll to it.  You’ll have to contact them somehow (and hope that they are still active on the forums) and get them to put the poll up.
But...I am the person who started the thread!  Over two years ago, with my humble suggestion for a "Kick Shin" attack.

And your nomination will be taken into consideration.  Thanks!

Actually, come to think of it, it might work better if it was

[drops:<material token>:frequency]

Instead.

That way it could be used for more than just shedding (for example, one could devise a proper material definition for “FILTH_B” and have the creature occasionally “deposit” a glob of it.)
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: February 08, 2021, 03:11:35 am »

The best one is the one that leads to the Vomitpocalypse!

Every time a dwarf vomits, every dwarf who can see them has a 20% chance of being grossed out and vomiting as well.  Past a certain population density (known as the Emetic Critical Mass), a single nauseous dwarf can kick off a self-sustaining chain reaction of barf that can persist indefinitely.  Hope you like green floors!
If you want it to be even worse, dwarves become hungrier and More thirsty as they vomit causing a high density chain reaction can get huge part of the fort starving.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: February 08, 2021, 04:07:27 am »

Upcoming druid mages in the update will spread around deadly dust.
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: February 08, 2021, 09:15:32 am »

I've not posted much in this thread, not that i post much at all, but i read it all the time.

Since i've ever posted only one suggestion in this thread, i'll nominate my one and only terrible suggestion, Dyslexia for Dwarves.
Simply because of how subtly terrible it is instead of trying too hard to be bad or gross.

Since im here i might as well contribute too... umm...
Dyslexia: In order to be more PC and inclusive, a sizeable portion of dwarves all sentient beings have dyslexia, if one of them happens to hold a position, all text related to their function (such as the health overview screen for chief medical dwarves) will have random letters swapped for others (this also includes hotkeys). The swapped letters will change every time you enter the screen.
If your adventurer is dyslexic, the entire interface will suffer from this effect.
There is no way to mod this out or alter the chance of dyslexia as it would undermine the reason why this was implemented.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: don't cancel me plz (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 02:56:16 pm by Strik3r »
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: February 08, 2021, 02:55:06 pm »

The more characters are rapidly exposed to sexuality the greater is the chance of they're lust prospensity dropping temporarily.
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

JAL28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: February 09, 2021, 02:02:22 am »

If a dwarf bites a werebeast without getting bitten back, the werebeast should be immediately cured of the curse, turn into a dwarf(from whatever it was before) and join your fortress.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: February 09, 2021, 02:09:54 am »

If a dwarf bites a werebeast without getting bitten back, the werebeast should be immediately cured of the curse, turn into a dwarf(from whatever it was before) and join your fortress.

No, it's cursed to turn into a dwarf whenever there isn't a full moon, but still turns into a werebeast.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

JAL28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: February 09, 2021, 04:06:45 am »

Clowns can now mine through adamantine and anything else. Meaning they can dig-path to your fortress and cause untold amounts of havoc and fun even before the first year undead siege can serve it to you.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: February 09, 2021, 04:19:10 am »

Dancing increases dodging skill directly and can be trained to legendary.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: February 09, 2021, 06:36:12 am »

While your dancing you should be able to doge fired arrows and bolts and thrown objects.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: February 09, 2021, 06:59:27 pm »

Myth&Magic update will add mana meter and turn Dwarf Fortress into stereotypical modern JRPG.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: February 09, 2021, 07:12:26 pm »

All dwarfs are now 15 forever and all clothing items are removed and replaced with belts. An arbitrary number of belts can be equipped at once.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: February 09, 2021, 07:48:47 pm »

doge fired arrows

wow very range such archer

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: February 09, 2021, 08:31:56 pm »

Give dwarves a hitpoint bar. When it reaches 0, the dwarf explodes into giblets.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 394