Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 393

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 477281 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #3135 on: March 27, 2021, 01:08:25 am »

Dwarves now need consumable razor blades to eat. If they are not supplied with these forged blades, they will suffer mineral deficiencies.

Did I mention adamantine deficiency turns dwarves into elves that can't smith?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: March 27, 2021, 02:11:42 am »

that begs the question, if the default state of dwarves, without access to adamantine, is to be elves, and elves can neither smith nor mine deep enough to acquire adamantine, then whence cometh dwarfkind?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: March 27, 2021, 02:25:39 am »

Armok shaped the first dwarves from adamantine and magma. Their progeny had less and less, requiring them to dig deeply to keep their beards.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: March 27, 2021, 03:07:53 am »

So then elves are the descendants of heathen dwarves who were cast from the community for refusing to honour the will of Armok?

It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: March 27, 2021, 04:01:00 am »

And that gives us even more reasons to hate them!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Fikilili

• Bay Watcher
  • "Elves make no sense, change my mind."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: March 27, 2021, 05:04:47 am »

Eventually, monkeys get somehow intelligent and revolt against any other sapient species.
Oh, and one of them is a doctor.
And dwarves can't play key-based instruments.
"Military? What's that? Something to eat?"

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
  • i should really migrate my saves...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: March 31, 2021, 05:49:28 pm »

so Vicious Mockery?

Dwarves can now write wills as to what they want done with their bodies and possessions when they die, failure to follow through with that results in them haunting your fortress, and engraving a slab won't help get rid of them. also the manner in which they die changes nothing. they want their body to be interred in a masterwork adamantine sarcophagus decorated with scenes of elf murder in diamond? well i sure hope you didn't kill them with a bridge accident.

they may also want to me raised as undead.
Dawnthunder: It menaces with spikes of tetanus
After the fire had burned down all of the wooden next boxes on the surface, Mottled Petrel was reluctant to replace them with more wooden nest boxes. Instead, he placed the remaining store of wooden nest boxes in the dormitory for any aspiring koopa mothers.

The nest boxes were immediately overrun by helmet snakes.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: March 31, 2021, 10:41:17 pm »

<snip>

Intelligent undead?  Or unintelligent?
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

thompson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: April 01, 2021, 12:01:37 am »

Either, the dwarf gets to choose.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: April 01, 2021, 03:31:27 am »

<snip>

So what do the dwarves wills say what they want the undead nezclaw to do, or does he just act as a guardian?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: April 01, 2021, 04:07:06 pm »

so Vicious Mockery?

Dwarves can now write wills as to what they want done with their bodies and possessions when they die, failure to follow through with that results in them haunting your fortress, and engraving a slab won't help get rid of them. also the manner in which they die changes nothing. they want their body to be interred in a masterwork adamantine sarcophagus decorated with scenes of elf murder in diamond? well i sure hope you didn't kill them with a bridge accident.

Funny, in a thread I created about civil law, I made some suggestions about succession laws and, yes, wills.
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
  • i should really migrate my saves...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: April 01, 2021, 04:52:39 pm »

<snip>

So what do the dwarves wills say what they want the undead nezclaw to do, or does he just act as a guardian?
ah the traditional fixating on the typo  ;D
Dawnthunder: It menaces with spikes of tetanus
After the fire had burned down all of the wooden next boxes on the surface, Mottled Petrel was reluctant to replace them with more wooden nest boxes. Instead, he placed the remaining store of wooden nest boxes in the dormitory for any aspiring koopa mothers.

The nest boxes were immediately overrun by helmet snakes.

Fikilili

• Bay Watcher
  • "Elves make no sense, change my mind."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: April 02, 2021, 02:12:35 am »

SmadA nraT, em taefed tsum uoy, emag eht niw oT!
"Military? What's that? Something to eat?"

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: April 02, 2021, 08:58:43 pm »

New idea for a dwarven game:  If you craft dice and place them in an affiliated temple, dwarves will play a game in which they bet each other that nothing bad will happen when they roll the dice.  Each time they win the bet gets doubles and they play again.  This game is known as “Rigňth’s Roulette”.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: April 03, 2021, 01:09:17 am »

If a forgotten beast or titan is made out of a stone that can normally be smoothed/engraved, said forgotten beast/titan can also be designated for smoothing/engraving.
If a «Forgotten Beast» is killed, it will be considered art defacement and will produce the corresponding negative thought.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 393