Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 390

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 464089 times)

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #3165 on: April 14, 2021, 12:59:22 am »

Dwarves with extremely high Analytical Ability can become aware that they are in a game, and actually mod the game to suit their preferences. Depending on their Focus, the scope of this modding might be limited to just their current fort, or their entire civilization, or all civs in the world . . . or even all future games prior to a full re-install. The nature of the mod is guided by their Creativity and their personality traits. A dwarf who values Eloquence might grant animals, artworks, and even plants the ability to speak. A dwarf with high Ambition suddenly becomes a noble--and perhaps then feels rather disappointed, if there's no higher rank to achieve. A dwarf with a high Lust propensity & low Decorum might choose to erase other dwarves' psychological needs to remain clothed. A dwarf obsessed with escaping death might simply choose to become immortal, skipping necromancy. A dwarf who would just as soon have nature and the great outdoors burned to ashes and converted into a great mining pit . . . you get the idea.

I absolutely, genuinely, and unironically love this. I almost want to see it implemented, but it's still more than enough of a nightmare in practical terms to count as a terrible suggestion. :P
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
  • i should really migrate my saves...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: April 17, 2021, 02:08:47 pm »

dwarves can and will curl up into a ball and turn into a stone wall when distressed/threatened. they remain aware of whats around them but cannot be moved or mined.
continuing in this thread, dwarves can also roll through hallways like gorons, knocking everyone on their ass and congesting traffic even further.

this suggestion brought to you by Why Do Generated Forts Have Single Tile Wide Corridors My Framerate Can't Take Much More Of This
Dawnthunder: It menaces with spikes of tetanus
After the fire had burned down all of the wooden next boxes on the surface, Mottled Petrel was reluctant to replace them with more wooden nest boxes. Instead, he placed the remaining store of wooden nest boxes in the dormitory for any aspiring koopa mothers.

The nest boxes were immediately overrun by helmet snakes.

Fikilili

• Bay Watcher
  • "Elves make no sense, change my mind."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: April 24, 2021, 09:02:59 am »

Update :
You can't trade with neither humans or elves because your dwarves can't understand their language.
"Military? What's that? Something to eat?"

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: April 24, 2021, 12:25:15 pm »

Your party has a chance to be followed around by a party of incompetents who try and steal your quest goals  after letting you do most of the work.  Fortunately, they’re incompetent so they never succeed.  But still, they follow you everywhere like excrement from the lower chakra of a miniature carp, driving you crazy.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: April 24, 2021, 01:08:40 pm »

An animated safety-pin keeps popping up with messages...

"It looks like you're trying to flood your well-room..."
"It looks like you're trying to let a wild badger rampage through your hospital..."
"It looks like you're trying to spark a loyalty spiral..."

It finds it too complex to also work out "...if you'd like some help", so it just helps you do these things anyway.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: April 25, 2021, 02:51:56 am »

An animated safety-pin keeps popping up with messages...

"It looks like you're trying to flood your well-room..."
"It looks like you're trying to let a wild badger rampage through your hospital..."
"It looks like you're trying to spark a loyalty spiral..."

It finds it too complex to also work out "...if you'd like some help", so it just helps you do these things anyway.
Dwarves will create engravings of it on all the walls, and these engravings anger dwarves on site, even the dwarf that carved it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Fikilili

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: April 25, 2021, 03:07:38 pm »

Criminal Dwarves have a chance of confessing to their mothers that they've just killed a man, putting a crossbow against their head, pulling the trigger and now they're dead.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: April 26, 2021, 08:50:51 am »

Dwarves re-enact Greek tragedies in your fort, such as Oedipus Rex.

Not as actors.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
  • i should really migrate my saves...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: April 26, 2021, 08:25:01 pm »

Dwarves re-enact Greek tragedies in your fort, such as Oedipus Rex.

Not as actors.
isn't that kinda redundant?
Dawnthunder: It menaces with spikes of tetanus
After the fire had burned down all of the wooden next boxes on the surface, Mottled Petrel was reluctant to replace them with more wooden nest boxes. Instead, he placed the remaining store of wooden nest boxes in the dormitory for any aspiring koopa mothers.

The nest boxes were immediately overrun by helmet snakes.

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: April 26, 2021, 09:11:46 pm »

Criminal Dwarves have a chance of confessing to their mothers that they've just killed a man, putting a crossbow against their head, pulling the trigger and now they're dead.
Criminal dwarves will sometimes confess they killed a dwarf in the Mountainhome just to watch him die, then hear a minecart rolling, hang their heads and cry.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 09:13:32 pm by muldrake »

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3175 on: April 27, 2021, 12:14:04 am »

Criminal dwarves will sometimes confess they killed a dwarf in the Mountainhome just to watch him die, then hear a minecart rolling, hang their heads and cry.
Criminal dwarves will note that they may have discharged a crossbow into the noble currently responsible for enforcing laws, but they didn't harm anyone else.

DwarfStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: April 27, 2021, 01:48:45 am »

Attempting to capitalize on the tremendous popularity of the millstone, the forge will now just have one reaction “Make Metal Item” which could be a weapon, could be armor...could be a lovely set of adamantine goblets!

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: April 27, 2021, 02:21:15 am »

Attempting to capitalize on the tremendous popularity of the millstone, the forge will now just have one reaction “Make Metal Item” which could be a weapon, could be armor...could be a lovely set of adamantine goblets!

This is generalized to every possible workshop. There is only one workshop now, and it has a single job that can take any item. Through newly-"discovered" dwarven magic, this can produce any item of any material of any quality in the game. This runs the gamut from normal items like "acacia wood bed", all the way to "«☼(?!?)* loincloth☼»".

*(?!?) being a material that switches materials every single graphical frame.

Fikilili

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: April 27, 2021, 06:06:21 am »

Bees would start to alternate the language of any civilization. May it bee the elves, the humans colonies, the dwarven hives, the honeycombed gobleen, or just anything that talks. The player should bee preparedz, for thee effectz might bee catastrophic.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: April 27, 2021, 12:44:17 pm »

Creature cannot be butchered unless they have the [PARTS_DECONSTRUCT] tag.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 390