Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 393

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 477582 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #3180 on: April 28, 2021, 03:52:49 am »

Some dwarves can't stand the sight of blood, meaning they can't be butchers or soldiers, and when I say some dwarves I mean almost all of them.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Fikilili

• Bay Watcher
  • "Elves make no sense, change my mind."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: April 28, 2021, 08:50:41 am »

Every strange artefact is a copy of Balan Wonderworld that the dwarves can't play because computers do not exist.
Unless you make your entire fortress a computer.
"Military? What's that? Something to eat?"

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: April 28, 2021, 12:30:26 pm »

Cave Adaptation is permanent
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: April 28, 2021, 12:52:15 pm »

Extreme cases of Cave Allergy/Phobia is also permanent. And not at all mutually-exclusive.

SixOfSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • likes flesh balls for their calming roundness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: April 30, 2021, 01:42:16 pm »

Make a version of DF suitable for mobile apps by projecting the game through Isaac Asimov's science of psychohistory. In short, psychohistory posits that while the actions of a single person are ruled by choice & free will, and are thus unknowable, the overall actions of a large population can be predicted with a high degree of certainty--the larger the population, the smaller the margin of error.

Individual dwarves no longer exist--although they might be replaced with kilodwarves (k☺).
Fortresses and other sites still exist, but you cannot view them in any detail greater than the Local view window of Fortress mode's Embark screen.
Loose items such as meals, garments, mugs, etc., obviously no longer exist--instead, the contents of your fort are viewable only through the Stocks screen.
Similarly, you can control your fort only through the Manager's / Health / Justice / etc. screens.
Happily, the mobile version still has as many of the original game's menus as possible. You still need to specify which kind of wood to make the beds out of, you still need to make the order to place the beds somewhere (but you don't get to see where), you still need to use the beds to define bedrooms & then assign those rooms to the homeless parts of your fort's kilodwarf, you still need to manually determine what percentage of your kilodwarf is allowed to perform the labor of Furniture Hauling in order to place those beds, etc.
After a battle, you get to see how much of your kilodwarf was killed for running outside the fort to collect all the dropped socks.
Dwarf Fortress -- kind of like Minecraft, but for people who hate themselves.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: April 30, 2021, 02:05:22 pm »

...the game no longer allows you to embark with Mules.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: April 30, 2021, 04:04:55 pm »

...the game no longer allows you to embark with Mules.

But what if the dwarves gotta eat?
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: April 30, 2021, 04:24:54 pm »

Make a version of DF suitable for mobile apps by projecting the game through Isaac Asimov's science of psychohistory. In short, psychohistory posits that while the actions of a single person are ruled by choice & free will, and are thus unknowable, the overall actions of a large population can be predicted with a high degree of certainty--the larger the population, the smaller the margin of error.

Individual dwarves no longer exist--although they might be replaced with kilodwarves (k☺).
Fortresses and other sites still exist, but you cannot view them in any detail greater than the Local view window of Fortress mode's Embark screen.
Loose items such as meals, garments, mugs, etc., obviously no longer exist--instead, the contents of your fort are viewable only through the Stocks screen.
Similarly, you can control your fort only through the Manager's / Health / Justice / etc. screens.
Happily, the mobile version still has as many of the original game's menus as possible. You still need to specify which kind of wood to make the beds out of, you still need to make the order to place the beds somewhere (but you don't get to see where), you still need to use the beds to define bedrooms & then assign those rooms to the homeless parts of your fort's kilodwarf, you still need to manually determine what percentage of your kilodwarf is allowed to perform the labor of Furniture Hauling in order to place those beds, etc.
After a battle, you get to see how much of your kilodwarf was killed for running outside the fort to collect all the dropped socks.

More seriously, simulation of social dynamics might be useful for Legend Mode. For exemple, which mechanisms cause the change of government in an empire, how a religion got spread or how a technological change can change society.
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: May 03, 2021, 06:06:34 pm »

Titans, forgotten beasts, and other creatures made of non-solid materials are now displayed with the hexadecimal color #DAA06D, and their descriptions describe them as “extremely muscular”.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: May 03, 2021, 07:55:10 pm »

They can also be trapped in jars and kept as pets. But if you rub the jars too much they may be released and wreak havoc on the world again.

They will not grant wishes, unless that wish is to die.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: May 04, 2021, 03:01:20 am »

They can also be trapped in jars and kept as pets. But if you rub the jars too much they may be released and wreak havoc on the world again.

They will not grant wishes, unless that wish is to die.
These jars can be uses as thrown weapons during sieges, there is also nothing to stop them from coming back into your fortress after they've killed everything outside.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Fikilili

• Bay Watcher
  • "Elves make no sense, change my mind."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: May 04, 2021, 06:03:34 am »

Ogres now have the same body composition as onions.
"Military? What's that? Something to eat?"

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: May 06, 2021, 08:34:06 am »

World gen now disabled unless the player has at least two unused spun thread in one of their fortresses.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: May 07, 2021, 09:45:59 am »

New Job: Shift managers
Autoequip whips
Are used to ensure dwarves actually comply with the new labor requirements.  Much like Hammerers/Fortress Guard/Sheriff and the justice system, they punish dwarves who shirk their responsibilities.  Truly lazy dwarves are chained to their workplaces.  GET BACK TO WORK PEOPLE!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: May 08, 2021, 07:36:42 pm »

New Job: Shift managers
Autoequip whips
Are used to ensure dwarves actually comply with the new labor requirements.  Much like Hammerers/Fortress Guard/Sheriff and the justice system, they punish dwarves who shirk their responsibilities.  Truly lazy dwarves are chained to their workplaces.  GET BACK TO WORK PEOPLE!

They also decide when the overseer is allowed to use the Shift key.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 393