Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 392

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 476075 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #3195 on: May 09, 2021, 01:23:07 am »

New Job: Shift managers
Autoequip whips
Are used to ensure dwarves actually comply with the new labor requirements.  Much like Hammerers/Fortress Guard/Sheriff and the justice system, they punish dwarves who shirk their responsibilities.  Truly lazy dwarves are chained to their workplaces.  GET BACK TO WORK PEOPLE!

They also decide when the overseer is allowed to use the Shift key.
When ever the Shift manager is on the screen it should make the same kind of sounds as a computer does when sticky keys are on.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Atarlost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: May 09, 2021, 12:57:36 pm »

Armor sizing should be finer grained.  It isn't realistic for the same armor to fit a short, fat human and a tall, skinny human.  Instead armor should with a few exceptions (such as mail being able to fit smaller wearers as long as they aren't too much shorter or helmets not caring how fat the wearer is) only fit creatures with exactly the same size and body form as the individual they were crafted for. 

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: May 10, 2021, 06:02:52 am »

Dwarves are at high risk for diabetes. Dwarves with diabetes love to continue eating stuff they shouldn't.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

DwarfStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: May 11, 2021, 02:04:49 pm »

Dwarves are at high risk for diabetes. Dwarves with diabetes love to continue eating stuff they shouldn't.

Lol! And you have to get them to go the screw pump gym, but it causes stress so it’s a delicate balancing act to keep your dwarves in good cardiovascular and mental health. If you fail, they suffer all kinds of disabilities from limb loss to heart attacks and strokes.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 02:10:16 pm by DwarfStar »

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: May 12, 2021, 05:07:33 am »

They will demand beverages only made from dwarven sugar and prepared meals containing dwarven sugar.  If they don't get it, they will eat the entire sweet pod crop and suffer stress.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: May 12, 2021, 05:31:00 pm »

Have armor spontaneously turn into ice.  If an adventurer, militiadwarf, or guard is wearing a full set, then this results in death from being encased in ice.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: May 13, 2021, 01:03:24 am »

Have any tile that contains air randomly turn into stone, the chance of this happening increases the more creatures walk through it, and this will inevitably lead to dwarves and animals getting encased in stone.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: May 13, 2021, 03:22:02 am »

Goblin civilizations that have David Bowie as their demon lord will occasionally generate.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: May 13, 2021, 03:23:33 am »

Goblin Civilizations occasionally break into song

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: May 13, 2021, 03:27:14 am »

Goblin Civilizations occasionally break into song

Especially in the period immediately after a snatcher returns with a new baby.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: May 13, 2021, 03:32:18 am »

"Dance, Magic Dance..."

DwarfStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: May 15, 2021, 12:46:55 pm »

It doesn't make any sense that you can melt magma-safe metals in a smelter using magma as a heat source with no chemical reaction to increase the temperature above that. You should have to use coal even with a magma smelter.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: May 16, 2021, 02:19:36 am »

Dwarves should be able to make crafts out of ear wax.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: May 16, 2021, 02:38:16 am »

Dwarves should be able to use their own beards to suture wounds shut without removing the beards from their faces.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: May 16, 2021, 02:43:36 am »

Dwarves should be able to weave multiple beards together to create the Beard Centipede.

Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 392