Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 393

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 477087 times)

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #3615 on: September 01, 2021, 07:59:12 pm »

Forgotten beasts are ancient necromancer experiments with complete backstories including invented historical figures

Something like this would actually be an interesting implementation for some mythgen setups. Not FBs as necromancer experiments necessarily, but maybe deific or demonic ones?
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3616 on: September 02, 2021, 03:13:10 am »

Everything in game should have a complex back story, even a random rock that no one has ever seen before should have one.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #3617 on: September 02, 2021, 05:38:09 am »

Everything in game should have a complex back story, even a random rock that no one has ever seen before should have one.

For computational efficiency, the backstories are only created when relevant. This has the added bonus of allowing backstories to be written and expanded in Fortress mode, where every creature, even the slightest butterfly, sets of an butterfly effect and completely alters the course of history.

SamJF

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: September 02, 2021, 07:47:47 am »

Every time a dwarf opens a door, they should have a 1 in several thousands chance to stub their toe. This will cause pain, nail damage, or even a broken toe depending on the material the door is made of. The only way to prevent this for sure is to wear metal boots on both feet.
"I must pray to Armok. I'm uneasy."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: September 02, 2021, 10:31:13 am »

Everything engraved becomes real

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3620 on: September 02, 2021, 03:46:36 pm »

Engravings come to life are entirely convinced that they're real and it's the dwarves who carved them that are the engravings, and they will vigorously attempt to convince said dwarves of this.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: September 02, 2021, 03:54:45 pm »

All historical events are now recorded only as "the Nth year of Foo", where 'Foo' is the absolute most recent and localised previous event of note to the Chronicler (so maybe "1st" quite a lot, when it gets exciting), and to work out any competent history you 'just' need to backtrack through references until you find a good solid datum point, or shared root-date from which you can compare any two disparate events.

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #3622 on: September 03, 2021, 06:44:33 am »

Tigers, Lions, and all other felines should gain the owner-adopting behaviour of housecats, as well as the habit of bringing their (proportionally bigger) prey to their owners bed.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3623 on: September 03, 2021, 07:54:53 pm »

Chamber pots should go in at the exact same time as siege engines. The potential implications are obvious.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: September 03, 2021, 08:51:56 pm »

Sure! Now people have somewhere to go when they are being besieged.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3625 on: September 04, 2021, 01:10:48 am »

*Picturing siege engines cornering dwarves in the act Jurassic-Park-style*

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3626 on: September 04, 2021, 01:27:24 am »

Siege engines should double as chamber pots.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #3627 on: September 04, 2021, 02:52:27 am »

In order to reduce clutter in the workshop menu, there is no distinct chamber pot item. Instead, they are actually just large pots. (like the ones used for storing food)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2021, 02:28:48 am by Mobbstar »

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3628 on: September 04, 2021, 08:58:14 am »

Players in biomes with hemp should be able to create a “Pot Chamber” for their dwarves.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

SixOfSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • likes flesh balls for their calming roundness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3629 on: September 05, 2021, 06:13:57 am »

Dwarves, elves, goblins, & humans should be valid lycanthrope forms. So that most of the time, your monarch likes cedar wood and mandates crutches, but every full moon, she turns into an elf (with 10 times the strength & aggressiveness of a regular elf, for some reason), and demands that all citizens who buy, sell, possess, or carry anything made of cut wood shall be put to death.
Dwarf Fortress -- kind of like Minecraft, but for people who hate themselves.
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 393