Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 394

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 479232 times)

Criperum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #375 on: March 07, 2019, 09:17:03 am »

Booze explosions have a change to destroy walls, supports, floors etc. Damage is cumulative and it depends on material like granite is harder to destroy than sandstone.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 07, 2019, 09:22:18 am »

Megabeasts now have the [BUILDINGDESTROYER:3] token, giving them the ability to break through constructions. They will seek out explosives or use their natural abilities to accomplish this task.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 07, 2019, 10:10:21 am »

Megabeasts now have the [BUILDINGDESTROYER:3] token, giving them the ability to break through constructions. They will seek out to use their natural explosve abilities to accomplish this task.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Fish Preferred

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes salmon for their taste.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 07, 2019, 11:28:23 am »

All dwarves will demand rooms of increasing quality and more furniture over time. These demands can get unreasonably specific, down to the exact material being used. Even worse, some will demand to not have certain types of buildings in their rooms, like levers. Additionally, dwarves are now incredibly protective of their possessions, and will go berserk if multiple incidents of property damage occur.
Still too reasonable. Let's add these:
-The sight of toppled furniture is a major trigger for dwarves, greatly increasing the likelihood of tantrums.
-Dwarves will demand that each piece of furniture is placed in a specific location, and then have you construct and deconstruct them seven more times before deciding it was better the first way.
-When dwarves marry, each of them will try to designate all of the other's furniture for dumping and cancel the dumping of their own furniture. This usually continues for about a year until all of their furniture has been thrown out, at which point new furniture is demanded. Once discarded, the furniture will never be touched again by anyone.
-High ranking nobles will require all the walls of their rooms to be built of materials with a specific color token. Not display colour; color token. They will order the colour to be changed every season.
Knowledge is not as simple as having the right answers. Knowledge is a way of finding them.

Urist McUristUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 07, 2019, 04:50:37 pm »

Megabeasts now have the [BUILDINGDESTROYER:3] token, giving them the ability to break through constructions and natural walls. They will seek out to use their natural explosve abilities to accomplish this task.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 07, 2019, 08:56:36 pm »

As far as I know - digging into forts is planned for intelligent invaders. Sieges from the Dwarves would be terrifying.

Urist McUristUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 08, 2019, 07:29:13 am »

For economy reintroduction:
Dwarves build stills on their own if the economy is enabled and they either have a bedroom with enough free space or know about an unused space that's large enough. In the second case they will first construct a piece of furniture there to claim the area. They can use the stills to produce bewerages, which then become their property and can be sold for coins.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 08, 2019, 08:46:22 am »

Once the economy starts, you are unable to directly command your dwarves to build something. Instead, every dwarf will build and claim stuff of their own volition. At some point, disputes over ownership will eventually play out, and you are able to influence the result of the dispute.

Fish Preferred

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes salmon for their taste.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 08, 2019, 03:23:32 pm »

Make the game into a courtroom simulator, where the player presides over dwarven litigation battles. Instead of body part status, you get the list of legal precedents available to each party. Combat mechanics control the issuing of briefs.
Knowledge is not as simple as having the right answers. Knowledge is a way of finding them.

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 08, 2019, 04:56:26 pm »

Make the game into a courtroom simulator, where the player presides over dwarven litigation battles. Instead of body part status, you get the list of legal precedents available to each party. Combat mechanics control the issuing of briefs.
As someone who enjoyed the Phoenix Wright games, this is...weirdly appealing.
Oh gods.
I'm so boring.
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 08, 2019, 05:20:39 pm »

As someone who enjoyed the Phoenix Wright games, this is...weirdly appealing.
Oh gods.
I'm so boring.
Handled by combat mechanics you say?
Urist McLawyer strikes the defendant in the argument, the argument goes flying off in an arc
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 08, 2019, 08:36:10 pm »

Reminds me of debating mechanics...

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 08, 2019, 08:43:36 pm »

All I get when I click that is "secure connection failed"

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 08, 2019, 08:58:27 pm »

Works for me. Don't know whether that means your browser is not working correctly or my browser isn't. (Parts of the non-wiki site require a log-in, but that isn't applicable there AFAIK.)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 09, 2019, 01:58:27 am »

Booze explosions have a change to destroy walls, supports, floors etc. Damage is cumulative and it depends on material like granite is harder to destroy than sandstone.
Booze can explode when it gets upset. Seeing its fellow booze get consumed counts as a traumatic experience. (It's traumatic because the booze feels excluded.)
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 394