Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 392

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 476816 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #5295 on: February 16, 2023, 08:48:26 pm »

Done. Familiars will now have strange moods.

The moods however will be entirely unfamiliar
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5296 on: February 16, 2023, 10:44:41 pm »

Some dwarf wizards take socks as familiars.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5297 on: February 17, 2023, 03:07:42 am »

Dwarves should use socks as puppets and claim that they are familiars when they are in fact just puppets.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5298 on: February 17, 2023, 04:05:13 am »

Dwarves should form relationships with their sock puppets
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5299 on: February 17, 2023, 08:15:21 am »

Dwarves should realize they live in a simulation, nothing but puppets, and rebel in a rage against the machine!

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5300 on: February 17, 2023, 08:56:35 am »

Some dwarves offer other dwarves red biscuits and blue biscuits to give them a choice whether to wake up to the harsh reality of them living in a simulation or to go on with their virtual lives as before in a state of ignorance, bliss and an abundance of pig tail socks.

Resmisal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5301 on: February 17, 2023, 04:19:49 pm »

Upon learning that their lives are nothing more than recycled values of lightning, dwarves will first revolt against their leaders and then rally behind a bumptious dwarf to build up instead of down to fight against hidden fun stuff #2 and breach the adamantine adamantite in the sky.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5302 on: February 22, 2023, 08:51:12 pm »

Upon learning that their lives are nothing more than recycled values of lightning, dwarves will first revolt against their leaders and then rally behind a bumptious dwarf to build up instead of down to fight against hidden fun stuff #2 and breach the adamantine adamantite in the sky.

So basically a Tower of Babel situation at the player's expense. Sounds neat.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5303 on: February 22, 2023, 09:53:01 pm »

When this happens, the game asks you if you’d like to change to game’s language.  One of the options is “Confound it!”.  Choosing this changes what your dwarves are saying (along with the interface text) to use a Southern U.S. accent.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5304 on: February 23, 2023, 02:27:26 am »

When this happens, the game asks you if you’d like to change to game’s language.  One of the options is “Confound it!”.  Choosing this changes what your dwarves are saying (along with the interface text) to use a Southern U.S. accent.
But to find that option you have to search trough thousands of proceduraly generated languages, it also lacks a search function so your language of choice has to be found manually.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5305 on: February 25, 2023, 12:09:23 am »

When two unhappy dwarfs are socializing in the tavern and they are both upset about the same thing, they will change their task from Socialize to Conspire.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #5306 on: February 25, 2023, 04:17:28 pm »

When two unhappy dwarfs are performing together in the tavern and they are both upset about the same thing, they will perform the first act of the Hamilton musical.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5307 on: February 25, 2023, 08:57:44 pm »

Sometimes young dwarves with no musical background decide to start a punk band performance troupe while they are drinking. After that they'll go and steal borrow various instruments and start playing them loudly in various places, which annoys most older dwarves.

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #5308 on: February 26, 2023, 03:06:12 am »

With high enough empathy, such a performance troupe will actually sympathise with the elderly (and the player) and instead annoy the nobles.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5309 on: February 26, 2023, 04:18:58 am »

A dwarf with no skill in playing an instrument has a chance to annoy those around him while he practices, if he continues to practice for a long time there should be a chance the annoyed dwarves will break his instrument.
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 392