Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 391

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 474234 times)

Criperum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #570 on: May 25, 2019, 06:40:20 pm »

Oh, come on. Just build an aqueduct from the nearest river. Of course it can require several proxy fortresses but still doable.
Hire a necromancer contractor to do it with zombie labor.
A vilanous necromancer plan to take over building market using cheap workforce.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: May 25, 2019, 07:56:42 pm »

If only the zombies followed orders instead of killing the clients...

Worblehat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: May 27, 2019, 09:14:20 pm »

I suppose I should write down my terrible ideas before I start forgetting them. :P

1. Anyone wearing a shirt dyed with redroot has their dodge, shield use, and armor use skills disabled until they are no longer wearing such a shirt. ;D

2. Pool of blood + stone floor = muddy stone. So Urist McNoble can heroically sacrifice their life for their people, creating the cropland they need to survive, instead of having the traditional Unfortunate Accident.

3. Not sure this actually belongs here since I think it's actually good: once coffee and tea are fully implemented (which I assume they will be since the wiki says the plants are already in the game), humans should need caffeine in the same way that dwarves need booze. Could tie in with Kyubee's #3 above as well, with any given dwarf or human potentially needing alcohol and/or caffeine and/or various other substances.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: May 27, 2019, 09:43:33 pm »

I suppose I should write down my terrible ideas before I start forgetting them. :P

1. Anyone wearing a shirt dyed with redroot has their dodge, shield use, and armor use skills disabled until they are no longer wearing such a shirt. ;D

2. Pool of blood + stone floor = muddy stone. So Urist McNoble can heroically sacrifice their life for their people, creating the cropland they need to survive, instead of having the traditional Unfortunate Accident.

3. Not sure this actually belongs here since I think it's actually good: once coffee and tea are fully implemented (which I assume they will be since the wiki says the plants are already in the game), humans should need caffeine in the same way that dwarves need booze. Could tie in with Kyubee's #3 above as well, with any given dwarf or human potentially needing alcohol and/or caffeine and/or various other substances.

Why redroot, specifically?

Corpses on the surface cause fungi and disease causing plants to grow nearby, also the speed of plant growth is increased due to the nutrients.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: May 27, 2019, 09:57:30 pm »

No, anyone wearing anything dyed red does everything 50% faster.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: May 27, 2019, 10:09:13 pm »

No, anyone wearing anything dyed red does everything 50% faster.

I'm curious of the logic behind this, if any. If a creature has all green clothing, they begin to photosynthesize and need to be in light outside areas or they will die. This is because chlorophyll from the dyes leak into the clothing, and sufficient amounts get absorbed into the skin of the wearer. :)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: May 27, 2019, 10:16:44 pm »

becuz THE RED ONEZ GO FASTA

Worblehat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: May 27, 2019, 10:51:24 pm »

Why redroot, specifically?
Redshirt. Egan_BW's alternate interpretation is also valid, and not mutually exclusive. :) Maybe that should be what happens when a goblin wears a red shirt.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #578 on: May 28, 2019, 03:27:24 am »

Infiltrating monsters with fourth wall abilities. They are aware of where the player is looking and will move around to avoid being spotted whenever possible. They can also move when the game is paused. The only way to spot them is by the dead dwarves they leave in their wake, and the only way to stop them is by setting up traps and then looking away.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: May 28, 2019, 07:28:51 am »

Infiltrating monsters with fourth wall abilities. They are aware of where the player is looking and will move around to avoid being spotted whenever possible. They can also move when the game is paused. The only way to spot them is by the dead dwarves they leave in their wake, and the only way to stop them is by setting up traps and then looking away.

This actually sounds like a cool idea, perhaps certain demons with a [PHYCHIC] tag. The description could be Urist McThink, a purple eight legged lizard with two tails. Beware its phychic abilities.

Criperum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: May 28, 2019, 03:58:26 pm »

If only the zombies followed orders instead of killing the clients...
Ok. How about a 5% discount?

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: May 29, 2019, 03:40:32 am »

Elves will send Cultural Sensitivity Officers to live in your fortress, who will report back on your treatment of trees in real-time, and additionally penalize you for using wood you've already harvested, including in processes that are normally elf-safe, like steel production.  Refusing access to these officers is considered hostile action, and can lead to cessation of trade or outright war, depending on the elves' current opinion of you.
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: May 30, 2019, 06:31:34 am »

Elves will send Cultural Sensitivity Officers to live in your fortress, who will report back on your treatment of trees in real-time, and additionally penalize you for using wood you've already harvested, including in processes that are normally elf-safe, like steel production.  Refusing access to these officers is considered hostile action, and can lead to cessation of trade or outright war, depending on the elves' current opinion of you.
If they're allied with humans, they can convince them to put trade sanctions on you also.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Steedat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: May 30, 2019, 08:04:10 am »

Food Allergies. Dwarves not only get a negative thought from eating a food they dislike, they could also be stricken with a random pre-selected syndrome from eating foods they are allergic to.

Effects range from mild allergic reactions (temporary sleepiness, vomiting) to severe (prolonged paralysis, skin/organ rot, bleeding) to fatal (immediate suffocation).

Known allergies could be listed in thoughts & preferences, but new ones could develop during gameplay

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: May 30, 2019, 08:49:31 am »

Food Allergies. Dwarves not only get a negative thought from eating a food they dislike, they could also be stricken with a random pre-selected syndrome from eating foods they are allergic to.

Effects range from mild allergic reactions (temporary sleepiness, vomiting) to severe (prolonged paralysis, skin/organ rot, bleeding) to fatal (immediate suffocation).

Known allergies could be listed in thoughts & preferences, but new ones could develop during gameplay
Yo, legit, this is such a cool idea!
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 391