Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 392

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 476677 times)

UristMcVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING][BLOODSUCKER]
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #630 on: June 14, 2019, 03:42:19 pm »

Edible socks.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Naga/Lamia race

MasterOfLazdumat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 14, 2019, 11:08:39 pm »

Upon setting up a library, a noble from the Scribes' Guild arrives to make sure that no unauthorized copies are made. Doing so is a hammerable offense. If the justice system is not set up, the noble sends a siege against the fortress. Due to a bug, it is impossible to petition to make authorized copies.

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: June 15, 2019, 12:21:51 am »

I actually really love the idea of kobold caravans.  Namely, I love the idea that they don't actually know what caravans are or how trade works, but they've watched the Tall Folks come with their wagons, offloading certain things at the fortress and taking other things away (often shiny things!).  So now they've built a cart from sticks lashed together with ivy and loaded all their Illicit Treasures on it, convinced that if they just fork over enough copper coins and silver crossbow bolts, they can finally get that masterwork adamantine helm they've always wanted.
Honestly, it's like watching little kids pretending to run a store.
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 15, 2019, 06:09:45 am »

Rather than trading at all, they should just unload random things in your trade depot and take random things from your stockpiles. They don't quite get it, but understand why everyone is always so pleased with trading.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: June 15, 2019, 12:17:23 pm »

Betty-Boop-style cartoon logic: anything and everything can, at any point, spontaneously spring to life, usually just long enough to perform a couple simple actions.  Barrels will drink booze from themselves, trees will hurl fruit at passersby, tables will donkey-kick dorfs in the ribs, etc.

Additionally, any time music is played in your fortress, inanimate objects will bob, sway, and hop about in time with it.  Try not to get motion sick as your entire tavern--musicians, guests, tables, chairs, and even engravings--does the salsa.
This would be a great interaction for savage good biomes. You suddenly receive job cancellation spam and find a dozen animated barrels in your tavern, doing a dance.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: June 15, 2019, 12:24:53 pm »

Upon setting up a library, a noble from the Scribes' Guild arrives to make sure that no unauthorized copies are made. Doing so is a hammerable offense. If the justice system is not set up, the noble sends a siege against the fortress. Due to a bug, it is impossible to petition to make authorized copies.

Intellectual property actually has a long history before the 1400s.
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 15, 2019, 06:12:48 pm »

I actually really love the idea of kobold caravans.  Namely, I love the idea that they don't actually know what caravans are or how trade works, but they've watched the Tall Folks come with their wagons, offloading certain things at the fortress and taking other things away (often shiny things!).  So now they've built a cart from sticks lashed together with ivy and loaded all their Illicit Treasures on it, convinced that if they just fork over enough copper coins and silver crossbow bolts, they can finally get that masterwork adamantine helm they've always wanted.
Honestly, it's like watching little kids pretending to run a store.

Honestly I'd probably give them the helm 90% of the time, just out of pity. :P
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: June 16, 2019, 01:27:19 pm »

Honestly I'd probably give them the helm 90% of the time, just out of pity. :P
The real secret weapon of the kobolds: being lovably pathetic.

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: June 20, 2019, 06:36:28 pm »

Adamantine is now highly radioactive, it's coloration resulting from Cherenkov radiation.

compsognathus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: June 21, 2019, 02:16:31 pm »

Adamantine is now highly radioactive, it's coloration resulting from Cherenkov radiation.

A radioactive mineral is not a bad suggestion.
It could have mythological, magical, religious meanings. cursed artifacts, malign structures etc.
In the future, researchers could discover the secret and destroy myths and religions that were built on it.

I have read many good suggestions in this thread.

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: June 22, 2019, 12:34:05 am »

It could have mythological, magical, religious meanings. cursed artifacts, malign structures etc.
In the future, researchers could discover the secret and destroy myths and religions that were built on it.

I have read many good suggestions in this thread.
My thinking was more that the best metal for arms and armor now gives your dwarves radiation poisoning and cancer.  I'd love to see radioactive materials, as long as they're other materials.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: June 22, 2019, 09:45:13 pm »

Lead poisoning -

Dwarves go mad if they drink out of lead goblets too often, or if their bedroom walls are rich in lead.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: June 23, 2019, 06:33:18 am »

At some point there really should be repercussions for using pitchblende for barrels.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

UristMcVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING][BLOODSUCKER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: June 23, 2019, 10:49:59 am »

You can eat adamantine, but eating it turns you gay.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Naga/Lamia race

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: June 23, 2019, 11:49:38 am »

So it's the dwarf version of pink kryptonite? (That is a real thing btw)
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 392