Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 392

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 475613 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #690 on: July 02, 2019, 12:59:59 am »

Pot a toes
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

xZippy

• Bay Watcher
  • ■■ ■■■■ ■■■
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: July 02, 2019, 08:11:50 am »

Dwarves will tell horribly bad jokes. Like this one.

"Hey elf, your mom is so fat that uh - I mean she's a good woman, don't get me wrong - but her cholesterol and blood pressure are currently NOT at healthy levels at this time. Sorry for the inconvenience."

SixOfSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • likes flesh balls for their calming roundness
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: July 02, 2019, 11:57:04 am »

Suggestions like this are why I love this thread.
:)
Perhaps Humans could be cultivated & grown as surface crops, & elves plucked like ripe fruit from trees?
And yes, "It's a king."  :D

A creature that can be freed by being mined out would actually be interesting as all hell. Assuming the game doesn't have that already.
Perhaps an immature form of gabbro man, that has yet to learn how to free itself from its gabbro matrix?
Dwarf Fortress -- kind of like Minecraft, but for people who hate themselves.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: July 02, 2019, 01:13:48 pm »

All creatures have vermin tag removed

Or all creatures gain vermin tsg

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
  • i should really migrate my saves...
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: July 02, 2019, 01:28:13 pm »

Dwarves should be able to mine . . . for dwarves. Just dig them out, and they get to work.
A creature that can be freed by being mined out would actually be interesting as all hell. Assuming the game doesn't have that already.
"Foreman, I'm afraid we've dug too deeply!"
"Ye gods, don't tell me we've awoken a Balrog?!"
"No, it's even worse..."
[echoing from a distant tunnel] "Where are my resplendent sleeping quarters, peons??"
"It's a king."
Dwarves will also free unmined dwarves from the walls without designation, and get an unhappy thought if unable to do so. Mined dwarves also have max cave adaptation. Additionally, unskilled miners are likely to injure the "dwarf ore" during extraction. As any dwarf can pick up a pick and dig them out... this leads to a lot of work for the hospital staff. This labor cannot be disabled.
Dawnthunder: It menaces with spikes of tetanus
After the fire had burned down all of the wooden next boxes on the surface, Mottled Petrel was reluctant to replace them with more wooden nest boxes. Instead, he placed the remaining store of wooden nest boxes in the dormitory for any aspiring koopa mothers.

The nest boxes were immediately overrun by helmet snakes.

UristMcVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING][BLOODSUCKER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: July 02, 2019, 01:40:46 pm »

Explosive diarrhea.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Naga/Lamia race

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: July 02, 2019, 08:11:51 pm »

Perhaps an immature form of gabbro man, that has yet to learn how to free itself from its gabbro matrix?

The gabbro man has to take the red pill in order to free itself from the gabbro matrix, and begins training itself to break the physics of DF.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 08:13:59 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: July 02, 2019, 08:41:17 pm »

The gabbro man has to take the red pill in order to free itself from the gabbro matrix, and begins training itself to break the physics of DF.
Mrs Glyph
A hive mind of sentient symbols of writing who try to prevent gabbro man from breaking physics, mostly by possessing things and spells made up of groups of individual glyphs.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: July 03, 2019, 05:35:17 am »

Dwarfs = Communism
Elves = Anarcho-primitivism
Goblins = Fascism*
Humans = Monarchism

*If you're willing to ignore that they're willing to kidnap and integrate other races' children, and not just tear them to pieces.
Could be like a Sonderkommando sort of thing?
Sorry for digging this up from last year, I just clicked on the new replies for the thread and for some reason I wound up on that page. *shrug*   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: July 04, 2019, 08:07:28 pm »

Dwarfs = Communism
Elves = Anarcho-primitivism
Goblins = Fascism*
Humans = Monarchism

*If you're willing to ignore that they're willing to kidnap and integrate other races' children, and not just tear them to pieces.
Could be like a Sonderkommando sort of thing?
Sorry for digging this up from last year, I just clicked on the new replies for the thread and for some reason I wound up on that page. *shrug*
It's all good.  To be honest, the idea of sonderkommando fits goblins better in terms of lore, but I think we all know who'd be most likely to use such a labor force in practice (hint: it's the folks who use wardogs as babysitters and build water cannons that shoot blood).
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: July 04, 2019, 09:16:34 pm »

So where does that leave kobolds?
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: July 04, 2019, 09:27:34 pm »

Adorable.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: July 04, 2019, 09:31:05 pm »

Yet another reason to admire kobolds, they've made cuteness into a working system of government.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: July 05, 2019, 08:22:39 am »

Yet another reason to admire kobolds, they've made cuteness into a working system of government.

I thought kobolds had no system of government.   ;)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: July 05, 2019, 08:40:54 am »

So where does that leave kobolds?

They've chieftains, and their ethics favor loyalty to an extreme level, right? They're Tribal Collective (Hivemind?), I guess.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 392