Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 391

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 474282 times)

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #825 on: September 14, 2019, 04:49:14 pm »

A new extract - elfblight.
Can be extracted from plump helmets.
Makes elves rot and sets them on fire when they step in it.

I feel I must direct you to MachoNacho's point immediately above.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: September 14, 2019, 05:42:41 pm »

Food has accurate nutritive qualities.  Now, if you attempt to sustain your fort on cheese stew or tallow roasts, your dwarves will become malnourished and morbidly obese; varied, nutritious meals with a balance of fruits, vegetables, meats, and grains are a must.  However, you still cannot actually choose what your chef's cook into meals.

The nutrition part is actually a good idea.
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: September 14, 2019, 06:36:11 pm »

whenever you look, in fortress mode or adventure mode [k and l respectively), your cursor teleports to a random spot in the world, moving teleports you to another random spot. Exiting look mode keeps you where you are. Good luck finding yourself/your fortress

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: September 14, 2019, 06:56:05 pm »

A new extract - elfblight.
Can be extracted from plump helmets.
Makes elves rot and sets them on fire when they step in it.
I just imagine the elven caravan rolling up to your fort and wondering 1) where all those purple mushrooms in front of the trade depot came from, and 2) why every dorf in the fort is eagerly watching their arrival.
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

Urist McUristUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: September 17, 2019, 05:54:25 am »

Herbalife have to identity plants they gather, which may fail if they have poor herbalist skills. Also, there's syndrome-bearing plants, which have a higher chance to be misidentified.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: September 17, 2019, 05:59:31 am »

Herbalife have to identity plants they gather, which may fail if they have poor herbalist skills. Also, there's syndrome-bearing plants, which have a higher chance to be misidentified.
This is the terrible suggestions thread.
The suggestion you gave sounds like a good one

Nordlicht

• Bay Watcher
  • Wuschelig & Wunderlich
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: September 17, 2019, 03:00:19 pm »

This sounds really good. The game could generated cures for the  illnesses, poisons and proc. generated syndromes . Herbalists // Alchimists need to do research with different parts of plants. Cutting, cooking or extracting could have different effects. Doctors could research the symptoms of proc. generated syndromes and name them. I think I got carried away...
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 03:02:45 pm by Nordlicht »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: September 17, 2019, 03:30:09 pm »

This sounds really good. The game could generated cures for the  illnesses, poisons and proc. generated syndromes . Herbalists // Alchimists need to do research with different parts of plants. Cutting, cooking or extracting could have different effects. Doctors could research the symptoms of proc. generated syndromes and name them. I think I got carried away...
There’s no such thing as too carried away here. Maybe this thread should be renamed to Good and Bad Suggestions Thread. Your suggestion is a good one

Urist McUristUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: September 17, 2019, 03:37:29 pm »

My suggestion might look good at first glance, but it would make herbalists pretty much useless. You'd have a situation where allowing herbalists to pick anything from the ground and not immediately incinerating it afterwards could randomly end with half a fort dying seemingly out of nowhere.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: September 17, 2019, 07:24:13 pm »

Yeah, it would require a teaching method like books or apprentice type of thing where they could learn without the negative side effects, but it could bring interesting elements to the game.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: September 17, 2019, 08:44:11 pm »

Yes, maybe books and poems with herb or plant in the title can improve herbalist skills

Nordlicht

• Bay Watcher
  • Wuschelig & Wunderlich
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: September 19, 2019, 05:31:43 pm »

Maybe an "I have a basic random thought that needs a lot of work to become an own topic but I look for some input" sticky thread would be a good idea.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: September 19, 2019, 05:35:03 pm »

Will do

MachoNacho

• Bay Watcher
  • pug
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: September 20, 2019, 09:57:03 am »

Plump helmets (picked or unpicked) slowly replace nearby items with more plump helmets and convert water into booze.
pug

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: September 20, 2019, 10:13:24 am »

Plump helmets (picked or unpicked) slowly replace nearby items with more plump helmets and convert booze into water.
FTFY
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 391