Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 391

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 474328 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #990 on: October 12, 2019, 10:48:43 pm »

All the same, really.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: October 12, 2019, 10:55:52 pm »

I just find the latter to be slightly more humorous somehow. :P
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: October 13, 2019, 12:30:04 am »

I don't think this is possible, but god would I love it if you got a notification about a caravan arriving and the camera just snaps to 4 geese wandering around the corner of your map. No trade goods, just hanging out.

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
  • i should really migrate my saves...
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: October 13, 2019, 12:46:30 am »

I don't think this is possible, but god would I love it if you got a notification about a caravan arriving and the camera just snaps to 4 geese wandering around the corner of your map. No trade goods, just hanging out.
better yet, there is a pile of trade goods but the geese chase off anyone who approaches leading to endless "Urist McHauler cancels Store Item In Stockpile: Interrupted by *HONK*" spam
Dawnthunder: It menaces with spikes of tetanus
After the fire had burned down all of the wooden next boxes on the surface, Mottled Petrel was reluctant to replace them with more wooden nest boxes. Instead, he placed the remaining store of wooden nest boxes in the dormitory for any aspiring koopa mothers.

The nest boxes were immediately overrun by helmet snakes.

Abyssmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Goblin
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: October 13, 2019, 02:25:27 pm »

An option to self harm and give yourself wounds and scars. Alongside that you could even cut off your own limbs but it would require certain weapons. For example if you have a knife you could cut off your fingers, toes, ears, etc. Meanwhile for bigger body parts like arms and legs you would need something like a long sword or axe.
All tunnels lead to Skavenblight

My mods

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: October 13, 2019, 02:43:01 pm »

We might occasionally get something like that with mythgen, blood magic rituals requiring self-harm would be cool.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.
« Reply #996 on: October 13, 2019, 05:15:25 pm »

Hypnotic symbols in the game in order to trigger strange moods, tantrums, melancholy, etc in the player when a dwarf is suffering from one.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: October 13, 2019, 05:31:17 pm »

Hypnotic symbols in the game in order to trigger strange moods, tantrums, melancholy, etc in the player when a dwarf is suffering from one.
Yes, but we would need to find a symbol that would work for every human for each mood, also probably skip fell moods, to avoid crimes

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: October 13, 2019, 08:11:17 pm »

Yes, but we would need to find a symbol that would work for every human for each mood, also probably skip fell moods, to avoid crimes

Why avoid it?

...S'cool.

We could also use a symbol that repels extradimensional immigrants/overhyped cephalopods /some real eldritch horror: my ass bad stuff and is generally conductive to not going insane, a la the Elder Sign.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 08:14:04 pm by Blastbeard »
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

MachoNacho

• Bay Watcher
  • pug
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: October 13, 2019, 08:38:30 pm »

An option to self harm and give yourself wounds and scars. Alongside that you could even cut off your own limbs but it would require certain weapons. For example if you have a knife you could cut off your fingers, toes, ears, etc. Meanwhile for bigger body parts like arms and legs you would need something like a long sword or axe.
Not terrible. Would be great if you want to turn people into vampires in adventure mode.
pug

MachoNacho

• Bay Watcher
  • pug
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: October 13, 2019, 08:41:51 pm »

Add tacos which cause dwarves to temporarily start generating massive amounts of miasma and magma when eaten.
pug

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: October 13, 2019, 08:53:24 pm »

Add tacos which cause dwarves to temporarily open a portal through which forgotten beasts pour out of when eaten.
FTFY based on personal experience.
Source: ate at chipotle once. Once.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: October 14, 2019, 01:20:39 am »

Given all the shit that's gone wrong with their food, I don't get how their still open.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: October 14, 2019, 03:46:40 pm »

Given all the shit that's gone wrong with their food, I don't get how their still open.
I see what you gone and done there.

Dwarves are lactose intolerant.  Consuming milk or cheese will cause them to generate miasma explode.  Consuming any imported food has a 25% chance of doing the same.  Additionally, dwarven digestion gets more sensitive with age, adding one additional random food every year after reaching adulthood.
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

Urist McUristUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: October 14, 2019, 04:20:19 pm »

US food regulations theoretically allow you to sell minemeat that's 50% sawdust as mincemeat. So, well...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 04:21:57 pm by Urist McUristUrist »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 391