Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 390

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 464061 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2018, 12:56:06 am »

Whiskers the vampire hunter.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2018, 03:21:14 am »

Every time a dwarf vomits, every dwarf who can see them has a 20% chance of being grossed out and vomiting as well.  Past a certain population density (known as the Emetic Critical Mass), a single nauseous dwarf can kick off a self-sustaining chain reaction of barf that can persist indefinitely.  Hope you like green floors!
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2018, 03:26:54 am »

Every time a dwarf vomits, every dwarf who can see them has a 20% chance of being grossed out and vomiting as well.  Past a certain population density (known as the Emetic Critical Mass), a single nauseous dwarf can kick off a self-sustaining chain reaction of barf that can persist indefinitely.  Hope you like green floors!
If you want it to be even worse, dwarves become hungrier and More thirsty as they vomit causing a high density chain reaction can get huge part of the fort starving.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2018, 04:24:36 am »

If you want it to be even worse, dwarves become hungrier and More thirsty as they vomit causing a high density chain reaction can get huge part of the fort starving.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2018, 01:18:48 pm »

Also dwarves will eat vomit off the ground if they're hungry enough, which in turn grosses them out and makes the vomit.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2018, 08:54:51 pm »

Sig'd.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2018, 05:51:17 am »

Yes, I've been sig'd again!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Lestrage

• Bay Watcher
  • novice creature of the night
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2018, 02:03:33 pm »

Dwarfs can get lost in the caverns. Or dwarfs need light sources to see and if using torches there are gas pockets that cause explosions and cave-ins at proximity or cause dwarf to pass out (is this really a bad suggestion?).

Mining takes real-time to progress. So it more than half a year to dig out a larger chamber.
Also you have to manually designate supports along mineshafts or there will be natural cave-ins. The supports also decay and crumble over time so you have to manually maintain them.
The platypus is making a plaintive gesture. The pangolin is striking a menacing pose. The penguin is laughing.

Lestrage

• Bay Watcher
  • novice creature of the night
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2018, 02:04:08 pm »

Also now Dwarfs are afraid of the dark.
The platypus is making a plaintive gesture. The pangolin is striking a menacing pose. The penguin is laughing.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2018, 10:19:09 am »

Cats should occasionally decide that they want to go to some normally restricted place. Normally outside, but also sometimes the caverns, the barracks, noble's bedroom, or Hell. They will path to this location and then attempt to hunt vermin. If no vermin are present, they'll instead pick an expensive furniture item to use as a scratching post, headbutt the legs of a dwarf busy with crafting, hauling, or sparring (with a chance for resulting injury, of course), or sit on top of a crafting table rendering it inoperable. If the cat encounters a closed door in its path, it will stop at the door and begin meowing, driving up the stress of all nearby dwarves (and the player, if their speakers are on) until someone opens the door. A cat with high creativity and reasoning attributes may instead jump up to the doorknob and twist it open, leaving the door open for any creature to pass through until a dwarf comes along to secure it again. If the cat is blocked by a drawbridge, same deal except the clever cats will hunt down the lever that opens the door and pull it.

This effectively nerds turtling behind drawbridges, as doing so will inevitably drive your dwarves insane from the constant meowing of cats who want to get outside. The clever cats can also serve as a hidden antagonist, like vampires. Watch your levers well, and keep track of your cats!
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2018, 03:08:45 pm »

Implement a Freemium/Pay2Advance model with Loot Boxes.

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2018, 05:25:57 pm »

Giant Cave Spiders are now eusocial, forming massive communal webs and working together to hunt down prey.  They also reproduce like real spiders, with each female laying thousands of eggs per year.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2018, 12:08:46 am »

Giant Cave Spiders are now eusocial, forming massive communal webs and working together to hunt down prey.  They also reproduce like real spiders, with each female laying thousands of eggs per year.

That would be hella rad.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Truncatedurist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2018, 12:17:54 am »

Add more variations of weapons and weapon types, but make them dlc which when bought picks a random type of weapon and even when picked it still remains in the list. The ability to choose one costs a $100 each...

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2018, 07:46:16 am »

All new updates sold as completely new games at the full price of $60, also don't for get incompatibility with previous versions.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 390