Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 390

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 464193 times)

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #420 on: March 18, 2019, 02:47:49 pm »

DF available on Steam.

Oh my god. Was the steam release announced for this one? but seriously, everyone joking about paid releases being a terrible suggestion is absolutely killing me here.

Anyways. Modding is completely removed. Instead, now every raw is completely procedurally generated. The wiki is now completely pointless.
My mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0
The litten is wandering around the dump now, occasionally exploding.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 18, 2019, 03:50:36 pm »

Yeah, procedural metallurgy. You have to find out what recipe of ores/base metals create which use(ful/less) alloys. Per game!

1xMithril + 2xDalekanium gives Flubber, perhaps.  2xUnobtanium + 1xDilithium gives you Cavorite, for some reason. This worldgen only, and no guarantee you'll end up with any original or produced material that is weapon's-grade, magma-safe or even unexplodey.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 18, 2019, 04:53:09 pm »

Catmium is a new ore, when it comes into contact with water it explodes into a bunch of berserk cats.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 18, 2019, 05:22:49 pm »

Catmium is a new ore, when it comes into contact with water it explodes into a bunch of berserk cats.
The berserk cats are also made of made of catmium. Cats now splash at water if they see a fish. Dwarves adopted by cats provide the cat a water bowl and dry cat food, even if the cat is berserk and attacking them.

If a dwarf's catmium cat explodes, they get a negative thought and adopt some of the resulting cats for comfort, while giving away others. All cats poop catmium and tend to bury it outside.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 05:34:57 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 18, 2019, 05:47:14 pm »

Catmium has a tendency to vaporise outside, and the vapor induces syndromes similar to cadmium in dwarves.

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 18, 2019, 10:38:14 pm »

Yeah, procedural metallurgy. You have to find out what recipe of ores/base metals create which use(ful/less) alloys. Per game!

1xMithril + 2xDalekanium gives Flubber, perhaps.  2xUnobtanium + 1xDilithium gives you Cavorite, for some reason. This worldgen only, and no guarantee you'll end up with any original or produced material that is weapon's-grade, magma-safe or even unexplodey.

I mean, this is incredibly stupid the way were putting it, but actually, I'd love some procedural metals, instead of adamantine and the same 20 angel metals.

Perhaps the procedures for generation ensure such metals have*some* sort of use

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 19, 2019, 12:13:10 am »

DF available on Steam.

Oh my god. Was the steam release announced for this one? but seriously, everyone joking about paid releases being a terrible suggestion is absolutely killing me here.

Yeah, this was merely a joke in reaction to the news. I actually think DF on Steam is a great idea for more exposure, and for generating money to cover the cost of bills. I do worry about a splintered modding community, though - as a lot of people only want Steam Workshop stuff - which has happened to other games. I regret this post due to the references to paid DLC/EA actions afterwards. Come on guys.

Suggestion: Custom embarkment.
You customize everything about the embark. From the type of wood the wagon is made of, to the attributes of each dwarf. Every single detail is up to you to control. You, of course, must control them if you choose the custom embark button - micromanaging every single detail before you can actually embark. There's an option to save, but since hair colors, preferences, values, etc are determined by the civ you generate, the saves are basically useless between games.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 19, 2019, 01:19:26 am »

You, of course, must control them if you choose the custom embark button - micromanaging every single detail before you can actually embark.

Fortunately, there's another embark option, in which every single detail of your embark is entirely uniformly randomized.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 20, 2019, 12:01:40 am »

I would actually really enjoy that.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 20, 2019, 09:48:17 am »

Same
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 21, 2019, 03:17:17 pm »

ok... One last meta idea... Dwarf fortress is now an exclusive to the Epic Games store.

Other ideas. All civilizations can kidnap your dwarves now.

Civilizations will coordinate attacks together if you piss them off enough. If you fight off goblin sieges easily enough, and start fighting back, elves and humans may start sieging you as well, one after another.

civilizations will create various superweapons during worldgen. Superweapons may include, but are not limited to, recreations of Boatmurdered, a big enough pit to hell to where it empties its contents onto the surface, terraforming the surface with cavern plants and animals (somehow), spreading evil/savagery/spheres over the whole world, breeding megabeasts, creating colossi of whatever materials they have handy (mostly steel and adamantine), and turning the whole world into a poisonous hellscape through cinnibar, lead, and pitchblende

Criperum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 22, 2019, 03:54:01 am »

Other ideas. All civilizations can kidnap your dwarves now.
Will be in the game i time if armor gives you proper world generation seed.
Civilizations will coordinate attacks together if you piss them off enough. If you fight off goblin sieges easily enough, and start fighting back, elves and humans may start sieging you as well, one after another.
Probably too but requires AI. But really not that bad.
civilizations will create various superweapons during worldgen. Superweapons may include, but are not limited to, recreations of Boatmurdered, a big enough pit to hell to where it empties its contents onto the surface, terraforming the surface with cavern plants and animals (somehow), spreading evil/savagery/spheres over the whole world, breeding megabeasts, creating colossi of whatever materials they have handy (mostly steel and adamantine), and turning the whole world into a poisonous hellscape through cinnibar, lead, and pitchblende
Magical dooms day machines? Planned.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 22, 2019, 04:11:08 am »

Invading goblins learn to avoid traps after invading at least once.

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 22, 2019, 04:18:59 am »

Massively increase the flammability of booze, to the point where drunk dwarves will routinely undergo spontaneous combustion, especially near magma or in hot weather.
Alternatively, tie the flammability of booze to its quality: low-value, low-proof beers just evaporate, while more exotic liquor burns fiercely, and SunShine practically explodes if overheated or handled incorrectly.
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 22, 2019, 04:26:53 am »

Invading goblins learn to avoid traps after invading at least once.
Particularly clever gobbos will litter your map with traps of their own, ensuring that your dorfs suffer even after the invasion.  Your hunter turned up dead in a pit full of upright spikes?  Well, at least he's not like the fisherdwarf who walked into a tripwire and got shot to death by ten pre-loaded crossbows.
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 390