Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 390

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 464107 times)

Steedat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #480 on: April 16, 2019, 07:50:06 am »

Forgive me if these have already been mentioned:

1. Change the POV from 'Overseer' to one of the dwarves. you play the actual Expedition leader.

2. Put the entire interface behind a text parser. You wanna dig a new chamber? You gotta locate Urist McMiner and TELL him to mine out a room X units long by Y units wide, Z units below your current level.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 16, 2019, 08:57:49 am »

Battlezone control system?

Actually, that'd be good! I'd play that.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 16, 2019, 09:37:57 am »

Non-lateral Relationships

Instead of dwarves forming relationships totally equally - dwarves can now fall in love and have that love completely rejected. This continuously adds negative thoughts until the dwarf starts posting messages to other dwarves calling itself and "incel"

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 16, 2019, 09:39:24 am »

Put the entire interface behind a text parser.
Any instance in which you have to move a cursor is now handled by entering a special 'move' mode, in which you have to type in the direction of movement to get it to move. One step at a time.
To exit 'move' mode, you type in "q", not to be confused with "quit", which closes the game outright. If you're not in 'move' mode, though, "q" has the same effect as "quit".

Steedat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 16, 2019, 09:46:40 am »

1. Change the POV from 'Overseer' to one of the dwarves. you play the actual Expedition leader.

I just realized my first idea is basically Adventure Mode...

Criperum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 16, 2019, 09:54:57 am »

MUD Fortress

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #486 on: April 16, 2019, 12:18:32 pm »

Non-lateral Relationships

Instead of dwarves forming relationships totally equally - dwarves can now fall in love and have that love completely rejected. This continuously adds negative thoughts until the dwarf starts posting messages to other dwarves calling itself and "incel"

I am pretty such that's one of the features already implemented for the next version. Well, except for the incel part.

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 17, 2019, 12:04:04 am »

God. You made it so good now I want it.
Why thank you, I-
NO DAMMIT THE POINT IS TO MAKE TERRIBLE SUGGESTIONS I'M A FAILURE
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 17, 2019, 04:53:52 am »

It's fine, terrible suggestions are just boneless good suggestions.

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 25, 2019, 12:11:11 am »

We've already got alcohol and alcoholism (both natural and trauma-induced); now we need to add in other drugs: tobacco, a surface crop that, once roasted in a wood furnace and smoked, induces a happy thought in the smoker, but yields a big cloud of choking smoke as well (to which smokers are immune); marijuana, which can be either foraged or grown and yields strong happy thoughts, but also slows users down while massively increasing their food intake; opium, obtained from poppies, which can improve the recovery rate of injured dwarves but is terribly addictive; etc.
Smokables can be used with pipes--crafted by a craftsdwarf from standard materials--or combined with paper to create cigars and cigarettes.  Each substance has unique associated benefits and withdrawal symptoms; additionally, each race has a "substance of choice" whose use is socially accepted and widespread among them, and drugs are tremendously valuable trade goods amongst groups who use them.
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

Criperum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 25, 2019, 04:14:18 am »

I believe this could be modded in. Now or in the future when more modding abilities presented

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 25, 2019, 07:58:05 pm »

Streamlined Tokens:

In order to shave about 100KB off the file size, Toady should condense all tokens in the raws into simple and dedicated tokens. No longer will dwarves have a hundred clumsy tokens about their physique and abilities, instead - they'll just have the simple [DWARF] token. Most animals could be condensed down to [ANIMAL] and civilizations could be cut down to [PLAYER] and [NON-PLAYER].

Batgirl1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 25, 2019, 10:14:30 pm »

Instead of 7 initial dwarfs, players will embark with 13 dwarfs and a human wizard. A dragon will attack in the first year, followed by a massive, multi-civ siege.  Giant spiders also possibly attack if it's a forest biome.

Hashtails

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 26, 2019, 02:27:33 pm »

This thread is GOLD! love it. well, here's my suggestion:

Tattoos

-Tattoo artist as a job. Dye in needed.
-Tattoo workshops. jobs involve an artist and a "victim"
-If the workshop is full of vermin or player don't have soap available there's a great chance of getting an infection.
-Tattoos would work as engravings, but in dwarves. It would be visible from character screen in physical description.
-Themes would be based on the "victim's" preferences, life goals, accomplishments, ancestors and family members.
-Why I keep calling them "victims"? A low level tattoo artist (or with bad creativity) will allways generate a bad tattoo, giving bad thoughts to the poor fella that stays with him for the rest of his life (or until a troll rip his tattoed arm off). He goes to the tavern already with a downwards arrow and other dwarves mock of him. Punches are thrown.

Criperum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 26, 2019, 03:51:00 pm »

Also some tattoos can be offensive to some other dwarfes so much that they start a fight on sight
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 390