Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 390

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 464066 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #495 on: April 26, 2019, 06:48:31 pm »

"I (HEART) MIROCLINE" on the arm...

Whoops, even worse than the "GRANTIE ROCKS!" on the forehead.

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 27, 2019, 12:20:42 am »

"On her left upper arm is an image in red dye.  The image depicts a skull and a snake.  The snake is embracing the skull.  The snake is striking a menacing pose.  The skull is burning."

"On his upper body is an image in black dye.  The image depicts a dwarf, an axe, trees, and elves.  The dwarf is striking a menacing pose.  The elves are striking submissive poses.  The dwarf is embracing the axe.  The axe is striking down the trees. The dwarf is laughing.  The elves are crying.  The trees are burning."
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: April 27, 2019, 04:33:16 am »

"On her left upper arm is an image in red dye.  The image depicts a skull and a snake.  The snake is embracing the skull.  The snake is striking a menacing pose.  The skull is burning."

"On his upper body is an image in black dye.  The image depicts a dwarf, an axe, trees, and elves.  The dwarf is striking a menacing pose.  The elves are striking submissive poses.  The dwarf is embracing the axe.  The axe is striking down the trees. The dwarf is laughing.  The elves are crying.  The trees are burning."
This makes me want the tattoos know.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 27, 2019, 12:55:08 pm »

This makes me want the tattoos know.
I KEEP! DOING THIS!
[runs off and jumps into a magma tube]

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 28, 2019, 04:29:28 am »

Maybe we should rename this thread to Good suggestions thread.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: April 28, 2019, 05:45:26 am »

After a year, we can retcon this to a great suggestion thread.

Criperum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 28, 2019, 09:17:41 am »

I don't think we can think anything that can be as actually terrible suggestion. Except things that are technically impossible or too difficult or requires the whole game rework

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: April 28, 2019, 02:25:40 pm »

I don't think we can think anything that can be as actually terrible suggestion. Except things that are technically impossible or too difficult or requires the whole game rework
Random world deletion isn't terrible?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Criperum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 28, 2019, 03:25:11 pm »

It just pointless

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 28, 2019, 10:57:38 pm »

I feel like the "terrible" part is, at this point, mostly a stylistic suggestion; it's really more of a random/miscellaneous/not-entirely-serious just-for-fun suggestions thread. Which is entirely fine by me, I've been laughing uncontrollably at a bunch of these.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 29, 2019, 12:29:59 am »

Fireworks are now a thing. They can be assembled at a Fireworks Workshop, requiring wooden logs (don't ask) and gunpowder. Unskilled dwarves have a chance of a) blowing up the entire workshop or b) making unsafe-quality fireworks.

Fireworks are placed in a Fireworks building, preferably outdoors. Once lit, they will go upwards, producing some kind of effect once it hits the highest z-level. The emotional impact of the firework is dependent on its quality level (normal just yields "impressed", masterwork yields "in awe").

There is one major caveat, though. Lighting unsafe-quality fireworks produces unpredictable results, the chief one of which is the firework spinning around uncontrollably, possibly causing it to crash into the ground and explode, bursting the ground around it into flames in the process. The game will pause and pan to the site of the explosion. Anyone unfortunate enough to be within one tile of the explosion gets ripped to shreds. Needless to say, dwarves will be terrified at the mere sight of an explosion.

Explosions aren't limited to crappy fireworks either; any firework item that happens to be on fire will also activate, causing them to fly in a random direction until they hit something and explode. Children, being the mischievous little shits they are, will gladly dip fireworks into open magma, blowing up themselves and all bystanders in the process.

Criperum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 29, 2019, 03:54:02 am »

A steampunk devices for dwarfes. A player designs metallic parts then combine them together to build a machine then saves it as a blueprint. Then blacksmiths craft them and citizens wear them. Also some of them are randomly generated by the game. Also badly designed devices can and will lead to injuries and even deaths.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 29, 2019, 08:24:30 am »

When bags of holding get damaged they should create a rift that will suck up everything in the area, going into this rift is inadvisable as it's a one way trip. This can only happen when Toady adds them.

Hashtails

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: April 29, 2019, 11:25:21 am »

I guess sounds will be implemented on the Steam version, so I have some nice suggestions for it:

-everything that happens on player screen make a sound, ants crawling, millitia sweting, dwarves grumping, itens falling. No way to turning it off.
-soundtrack begins with "Is This Love" from Whitesnake followed by hard rock classics from the 80's.
-(this one is actually cool but with a terribly annoying outcome) when reciting poetry or making music, you can actually hear what they are doing, as music styles and poetry are described in legends. each dwarf speaks with the voice described in his character screen
-cave ins makes a very loud noise that ignores your computer's volume level, possibly blowing up speakers and ears. for added reallism, you know
-cats having sex are loud and we need to hear it. seriously, they keep screaming the most uniquely crazy sound for minutes. it would be great to know when the bastards are copullating, to avoid cat explosions, i guess
-dog whistles are now a craftable item. dwarves will pick it up and blow it sometimes, and your computer would actually make a very high pitch sound that will make any dog near the player attack him.
-when a meeting occours, you hear the character speak, and you can't skip it. elves speak reeeeeeally slow and you can't  understand a thing

Criperum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: April 29, 2019, 03:07:37 pm »

Realtime meetings as unskippable generated cutscenes? I'll take two.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 390