Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 390

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 464161 times)

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #720 on: July 09, 2019, 05:42:01 pm »

"Who am I? I am a fine looking dwarf, I am!"

Dwarfs.... Using cleanliness and trimmed beards to intimidate other dwarfs....  :p
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: July 09, 2019, 06:05:35 pm »

Everyone talks in third person

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: July 12, 2019, 12:19:42 am »

Every time a dog dies in your fortress - any dog, anywhere, for any reason - you are treated to a lengthy, unskippable montage of its life, starting as a puppy, set to sad music.  Woe betide you if a pack of wardogs encounters an armed opponent...or worse, you cue up a bunch to be butchered for materials.
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: July 12, 2019, 04:03:10 am »

There's a 10% chance that caravans from neighbouring civs will actually be prophets of other gods seeking to convert your dwarves to their civ's pantheon (complete with pamphlets). And good luck getting them to leave you alone after rolling on that 10% even once.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 04:05:30 am by PlumpHelmetMan »
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: July 12, 2019, 08:45:36 am »

Dwarves experience hangovers.

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: July 12, 2019, 01:39:53 pm »

A rare soil layer called the Groguifer: like an aquifer, but instead of water, it produces an endless flow of watery, low-value booze.

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: July 13, 2019, 12:07:17 am »

There's a 10% chance that caravans from neighbouring civs will actually be prophets of other gods seeking to convert your dwarves to their civ's pantheon (complete with pamphlets). And good luck getting them to leave you alone after rolling on that 10% even once.
Any dwarves that get sucked in by these groups will proceed to send them all their valuables as tribute, then begin raiding your fortress for more loot to give them.  In return, they will receive written missives about things like "seed money", "divine returns", and "keeping the faith", as well as increasingly aggressive demands that they convert more of the fortress.

xZippy

• Bay Watcher
  • ■■ ■■■■ ■■■
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: July 13, 2019, 05:13:28 am »

The game will pause sometimes just to say "It's time for Animaniacs..."

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: July 18, 2019, 09:43:48 pm »

Trampling. If an upright creature moves over a prone creature(or creatures), it does blunt damage dependent on the size difference between the trampler and tramplee.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: July 19, 2019, 12:48:23 am »

The game will pause sometimes just to say "It's time for Animaniacs..."
Nothing actually happens, it's just doing it to keep you on your toes.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: July 19, 2019, 03:05:03 am »

Trampling. If an upright creature moves over a prone creature(or creatures), it does blunt damage dependent on the size difference between the trampler and tramplee.

Is it bad that I actually like this idea?
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

xZippy

• Bay Watcher
  • ■■ ■■■■ ■■■
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: July 19, 2019, 04:03:45 am »

Introducing another race: hooch dwarves, they're like normal dwarves but so promiscuous that the things they copulate with don't necessarily need to be alive. Or exist.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: July 19, 2019, 04:09:01 am »

Is it bad that I actually like this idea?
That depends. Have you ever looked at a high-traffic, 1-tile wide corridor inside a generated dwarf fortress and thought to yourself, "these walls aren't red enough"?
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: July 19, 2019, 04:10:52 am »

Introducing another race: hooch dwarves, they're like normal dwarves but so promiscuous that the things they copulate with don't necessarily need to be alive. Or exist.

Hooch dwarves have the ability to will anything they wish to copulate with into existence. Any fortress you play with them will quickly become overpopulated with god knows what.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: July 19, 2019, 05:18:16 am »

Occasionally Statler and Waldorf will appear out of nowhere and use the announcement screen to make quips about whatever is currently happening in your fortress.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 390