Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 394

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 477722 times)

Urist McUristUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #975 on: October 11, 2019, 05:52:18 pm »

Dwarves can have "Operation" strange moods if a medical skill is their highest and a dwarf needs treatment. Rather than claiming a workshop, they claim a patient. A medical treatment strange mood will fully repair the dwarf, even of otherwise permanent damage. In addition, they will become stronger/faster/more dexterous/etc. than a normal dwarf. Fell "Operations" consist of an unharmed dwarf being claimed as the "patient" of the operation.

EG:
Urist McBonedoctor is struck by a fey mood!
Urist McBonedoctor has claimed Urst McBrokenleg.
Urist McBonedoctor claims shells, stone, cut gems, bars of metal, raw clear glass, etc.
Urist McBonedoctor has preformed "Urshangbalush" an Artifact bone-stetting procedure!
IMHO something similar to that could be a potentially pretty nice way of starting golem races once they are generalized.

MachoNacho

• Bay Watcher
  • pug
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: October 11, 2019, 06:20:19 pm »

Add ridiculously huge yams that take up so much space that they have their own map icon.
pug

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: October 11, 2019, 07:04:30 pm »

Dwarves can have "Operation" strange moods if a medical skill is their highest and a dwarf needs treatment. Rather than claiming a workshop, they claim a patient. A medical treatment strange mood will fully repair the dwarf, even of otherwise permanent damage. In addition, they will become stronger/faster/more dexterous/etc. than a normal dwarf. Fell "Operations" consist of an unharmed dwarf being claimed as the "patient" of the operation.

EG:
Urist McBonedoctor is struck by a fey mood!
Urist McBonedoctor has claimed Urst McBrokenleg.
Urist McBonedoctor claims shells, stone, cut gems, bars of metal, raw clear glass, etc.
Urist McBonedoctor has preformed "Urshangbalush" an Artifact bone-stetting procedure!
This sounds like a good idea, all of it
« Reply #978 on: October 11, 2019, 08:59:01 pm »

Add ridiculously huge yams that take up so much space that they have their own map icon.
These yams are host to a "Yam Man" civilization. Yam Men can now be embarked with. Yam men's flesh has the consistency and durability of a yam. Yam Men cannot mine, due to their low strength. Yam Men are automatically at war with everyone, owing to their deliciousness when cooked. In order to encourage Yam Men embarks, Dwarves no longer exist.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: October 11, 2019, 09:10:49 pm »

Add an official goat civ to the game. And before you ask: no, they're not goat men or even intelligent goats. Just regular goats.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 09:12:32 pm by PlumpHelmetMan »
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: October 12, 2019, 02:24:10 am »

Add an official goat civ to the game. And before you ask: no, they're not goat men or even intelligent goats. Just regular goats.
Urist McMiner: What in blazes is that sound?
[distant goat screams]
Urist McBrewer, grumbling: The new neighbors.
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

Urist McUristUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: October 12, 2019, 05:58:19 am »

Add an official goose civ to the game. And before you ask: no, they're not goose men or even intelligent geese. Just regular geese.
FTFY

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
  • i should really migrate my saves...
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: October 12, 2019, 09:12:18 am »

Add an official goose civ to the game. And before you ask: no, they're not goose men or even intelligent geese. Just regular geese.
FTFY
they will however invade your fortress and make a general nuisance of themselves. and they can't be attacked, trapped, or butchered.
Dawnthunder: It menaces with spikes of tetanus
After the fire had burned down all of the wooden next boxes on the surface, Mottled Petrel was reluctant to replace them with more wooden nest boxes. Instead, he placed the remaining store of wooden nest boxes in the dormitory for any aspiring koopa mothers.

The nest boxes were immediately overrun by helmet snakes.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: October 12, 2019, 10:13:54 am »

What if I were to mod goat cigs and goose cigs to the game?

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
  • i should really migrate my saves...
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: October 12, 2019, 12:33:40 pm »

What if I were to mod goat cigs and goose cigs to the game?
i'd say go for it
Dawnthunder: It menaces with spikes of tetanus
After the fire had burned down all of the wooden next boxes on the surface, Mottled Petrel was reluctant to replace them with more wooden nest boxes. Instead, he placed the remaining store of wooden nest boxes in the dormitory for any aspiring koopa mothers.

The nest boxes were immediately overrun by helmet snakes.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: October 12, 2019, 12:46:06 pm »

civs, civs. I typed that on my Ipad and it autocorrected.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: October 12, 2019, 02:55:33 pm »

Better idea. Add a goose mode to the game where you play as a goose and make yourself a nuisance around the fortress. Gameplay revolves around stealing things from dwarves, seriously injuring dwarven children, and dodging the butcher.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: October 12, 2019, 02:58:06 pm »

I've actually never modded before, how would one go about this? I'd imagine adventure mode/ Question, do geese exist in Dwarf Fortress? I've never encountered them yet

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: October 12, 2019, 03:15:09 pm »

They do appear to exist, according to the wiki. I believe you could use DFhack to swap into the body of a wild goose in adventurer mode, but I'm not sure how much fun you'd have with it. You wouldn't be able to do much other than fly around and bite people.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Goose

According to the wiki, the goblin word for goose is "us". So I guess that confirms that geese are just disguised goblins.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 03:16:58 pm by Egan_BW »
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: October 12, 2019, 04:04:01 pm »

According to the wiki, the goblin word for goose is "us". So I guess that confirms that goblins are just disguised geese.

FTFY.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 394