Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 392

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 476466 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #1305 on: January 24, 2020, 01:59:43 am »

If a dwarf even thinks about Adamantine they will explode.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: January 24, 2020, 02:31:45 am »

Obscure chemical reactions:

Certain rare materials trigger odd reactions when in close contact with each other. For instance, should you swing a platinum hammer at an adamantine breastplate, both might erupt in a 2 megaton explosion.

Be careful with artifacts... Wouldn't want your dwarf accidentally brewing acidic gas by touching two materials together.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: January 24, 2020, 08:45:35 am »

Angelic vaults now contain "words", which when arranged define the rules of the universe, like in the game Baba is You. If you manage to breach the vault, you can change these rules to suit you.

Related but different, Vaults contain the truths of world and myth generation and often beset the knowledge with horror causing instant game overs if your adventurer or slab-reclaimers are not mentally strong enough.

Nordlicht

• Bay Watcher
  • Wuschelig & Wunderlich
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: January 24, 2020, 09:28:59 am »

Vaults contain the truths of our world and myths and  causing instant death if you are not mentally strong enough.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: January 24, 2020, 09:40:52 am »

You can now embark as clowns, the wagon is the clown car, the hamlet is the circus, walls are tents, pillars are tent poles, all food are candy, mountain home is candymountain, horses are unicorns, and kobolds steal kidneys.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: January 24, 2020, 09:44:32 am »

You can now embark as clowns, the wagon is the clown car, the hamlet is the circus, walls are tents, pillars are tent poles, all food are candy, mountain home is candymountain, horses are unicorns, and kobolds steal kidneys.
Yes, don’t forget the Banana Kihg, a Banana man who will periodically;ly come to your site to demand certain plants. These demands will be yearly during the summer, and there is no way to know what he will demand, failure to comply will result in one of your citizens or squad members to be taken instead

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: January 24, 2020, 10:24:07 am »

Dwarves now attempt to eat any nearby adamantine because they think it's candy. And of course, they break their teeth on it.
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: January 24, 2020, 10:29:59 am »

Paper cuts.

Similar to the gelding accidents, paperworkers might catch a stray page on their fingertip. The wound won't do much, but is still a wound, and undoubtedly will unravel some dwarf who can't handle bad thoughts.

Urist was shaken after recieving a severe wound.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: January 24, 2020, 12:40:23 pm »

Elves can now enhance their wooden sticks, potentially making some of them as sharp as a masterwork adamantine battle axe.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: January 24, 2020, 08:49:43 pm »

Vaults contain the Secrets of our universe, and any DF player who breaches one becomes a living god.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: January 24, 2020, 09:21:37 pm »

When you become a living god, you are spammed by all your worshiper's prayers, pleas, curses, and orgasms. 

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: January 25, 2020, 09:16:54 am »

... and orgasms.
But only the fake ones.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Urist McUristUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: January 25, 2020, 04:03:54 pm »

DF geology is overhauled to make it as realistic as possible. Development on everything else halts unthil this goal is achieved. To make that easier, this subforum is renamed to "geological consultations" and posting is limited to verified geologists.

Criperum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: January 25, 2020, 06:25:06 pm »

So simulating the whole planet depending on the size with core, magma, drifting etc.? Awesome!
Next step is simulating the sun.

Nordlicht

• Bay Watcher
  • Wuschelig & Wunderlich
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: January 25, 2020, 08:01:32 pm »

Like the old Simearth and Simlife have done Ecosystems.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 392