Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 391

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 473454 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #1560 on: March 27, 2020, 03:29:15 pm »

LUST_PROPENSITY is already a personality trait, so why not do something with it? Introduce needs and values related to sex!

Tirist McRepressed is constantly ablaze with lust, and he is conflicted by this because he values chastity.

Rakust Kinkyboots is aroused after being chained.

Urist McHorndog is distracted after being unable to clap cheeks.

It sounds actually a good idea.

To make it bad: nobles are sometimes wanting a metal they shouldn't logically know, such as slade. Some dwarves could lust over persons they cannot access, either because they live in a place they wan't go, they are dead or even they don't exist.
Yet, which brings me to the following suggestion
Tulpas
When enough creatures in the world think about a currently no existent entity, that entity spawns within your fort. Whatever it is is usually some mythical Forgotten Beast or clown, these creatures will intimidate the populace of the fort to begin to, and continue to, think about them so they retain form. If members of the populace begin forgetting or adding details, the original will change form based on how the population thinks of them. It doesn’t kill those who think about it, even going so far as to protect its thought sources from other invasions and against other tulpas’ intimidation attempts, as when a tulpa is comp,Evelyn forgotten, it simply fades away. Members can think about multiple tulpas, even dreaming them into existence when enough have a shared dream. The more tulpas who exist in a fort, the more likely the fort will spawn more tulpas. Additionally, tulpas can spawn in the world too, every creature, including sentient ones like dwarves, elves, goblins, koboid, humans, and others, can be tulpas. It might be possible to have a fort with tulpa dwarves, so you will have to remember which ones are tulpas and which are not, because if you only have one dwarf thinking of all the tulpas, if that dwarf dies, the tulpas die too. Tulpas can think about and spawn other tulpas, but they of course cannot feed on their own thoughts. There could be whole cities inhabited be tulpas, all thinking about each other to keep everyone alive, and trying to get your adventurer to think of tulpas too.

New mechanic: memory limit, creatures with higher memory stat can store more memories without having to forget them. If one is at their max memory, thinking about a new thing causes them to forget something else. When a dwa4f is attempting a task, thst task takes up a memory slot. A side effect is that if all a dwarf remembers is various tulpas, it won’t be able to do anything else, and as such needs to be cared for by the tulpas it is sustaining
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 03:38:44 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: March 27, 2020, 08:07:30 pm »

Tulpa a dragon into existence by engraving dragons on all the walls.

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: March 27, 2020, 09:31:58 pm »

Tulpa a pancake into existence by engraving pancakes on all the walls.
Fixed it for you.
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: March 27, 2020, 09:48:29 pm »

Tulpa a pancake bunny into existence by engraving pancakes and bunnies on all the walls.
Fixed it for you.
FTFY
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: March 27, 2020, 09:49:45 pm »

Tulpa a pancake bunny into existence by engraving pancakes and bunnies on all the walls.
Fixed it for you.
FTFY
yes, engravings would cause someone to think about the creatures longer

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: March 29, 2020, 07:46:50 pm »

Add a modifiable text file so we can write custom jokes.
"...And then he turns himself into a pickle!"
"Don't waste my time."
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: March 30, 2020, 04:36:40 am »

If a dwarf losses its beard it dies.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: March 30, 2020, 04:37:12 am »

Dwarf beards require pasture for grazing.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: March 30, 2020, 04:39:44 am »

When dwarves get near magma their beards have a chance to catch fire.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: March 30, 2020, 05:16:51 am »

Dwarves shave occasionally.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: March 30, 2020, 05:21:08 am »

Dwarves are actually just an organ of their beards which grow during mating season.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: March 30, 2020, 02:17:51 pm »

A dwarf will die without a beard, but a beard can live without a dwarf.

Huntthetroll

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: March 30, 2020, 02:28:53 pm »

Dwarves are now ambush predators that ensnare prey by shooting great, tangled ropes of beard hair at them, like bipedal giant cave spiders that stink of alcohol and vomit.

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: March 31, 2020, 05:23:59 pm »

Dwarf Fortress implements Smell-O-Vision, emitting puffs of odor to match whatever is currently on-screen.  Bask in the musk of your decades-old chicken coop, soak up the sulfuric reek of a magma chamber, and contemplate the unique aroma of the alternating layers of booze, blood, and vomit that have soaked into the floor of your tavern.
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: March 31, 2020, 05:26:12 pm »

Dwarf Fortress implements Smell-O-Vision, emitting puffs of odor to match whatever is currently on-screen.  Bask in the musk of your decades-old chicken coop, soak up the sulfuric reek of a magma chamber, and contemplate the unique aroma of the alternating layers of booze, blood, and vomit that have soaked into the floor of your tavern.
we will also learn what forgotten beasts and other mythical creatures smell like
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 391