Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 390

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 463930 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #1815 on: June 28, 2020, 06:18:38 pm »

Sometimes dwarves attempt to smoke from their rears, causing them to explode when they fart.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: June 29, 2020, 12:56:49 am »

If your hemp stockpile catches fire, the resulting smoke will make any dwarves who breathe it extremely relaxed and massively increase their hunger.  It has similar effects on other sapients, too; a clever builder could weaponize it, forcing invaders to walk through hemp smoke clouds and watching as the pacified army wanders off the map in search of snacks.
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: June 29, 2020, 03:22:41 am »

If your hemp stockpile catches fire, the resulting smoke will make any dwarves who breathe it extremely relaxed and massively increase their hunger.  It has similar effects on other sapients, too; a clever builder could weaponize it, forcing invaders to walk through hemp smoke clouds and watching as the pacified army wanders off the map in search of snacks.
If this happens when elves are around they'll eat your dwarves and each other.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: July 01, 2020, 12:38:24 am »

Dwarves turn into elves if exposed to wood. Elves turn into dwarves if exposed to beard hair.
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: July 01, 2020, 07:46:50 pm »

In order to increase frame-rate and simplify path-finding, I have the following proposal:

That dwarves be treated like vermin.

Vermin pop in and out of existence all the time.  If dwarves were treated in this way it would reduce the load on the processor as the game wouldn't have to make any calculations for frames in which the dwarves were not in existence.  Furthermore, as a cloud of vermin seems to take up the same amount of processing time as a single vermin, further gains could be achieved by generating multiple dwarves together as a cloud.  Path-finding would also be simplified as a cloud of dwarves could be generated wherever they were needed.

Hopefully, this suggestion will be a turning point in the fight against FPS death.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: July 01, 2020, 08:34:46 pm »

Dwarves turn into elves.
That's like.... you know, I have to report you to the FBI now.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: July 02, 2020, 12:08:02 am »

In order to increase frame-rate and simplify path-finding, I have the following proposal:

That dwarves be treated like vermin. 
They already are, in my forts!
[rimshot, laugh track]
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: July 05, 2020, 02:32:24 pm »

Add river sloops and dock. For TLAP day, Sept 19. Once built have villanous trademen, visitors arrive, bearing animal men slaves, finger food(made of real fingers), and little hairy stowaways intent on squating in already claimed bedrooms.
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #1823 on: July 06, 2020, 06:01:35 am »

Implement the economy with a fully-functional stock market system.  Dwarves can now get rich by investment trading.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: July 06, 2020, 06:02:59 am »

Implement the economy with a fully-functional stock market system.  Dwarves can now get rich by investment trading.
Am curious how such a thing would work lacking Internet, one would have to send caravans of currency to and from other areas

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: July 06, 2020, 06:40:47 am »

Am curious how such a thing would work lacking Internet, one would have to send caravans of currency to and from other areas
Probably the same way it worked in the 20s.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: July 06, 2020, 04:51:43 pm »

Dwarves that don't get rich can start Occupy Uriststreet movements.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Nordlicht

• Bay Watcher
  • Wuschelig & Wunderlich
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: July 06, 2020, 04:59:19 pm »

And no matter how much you buid/produce many dwarves have no room and a lot of them starve to death or kill themselves.

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: July 07, 2020, 11:23:03 am »

Dwarves should be able to mine cryptocurrency by digging through walls of math using pickaxes.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: July 07, 2020, 11:32:53 am »

Dwarves should be able to mine cryptocurrency by digging through walls of math using pickaxes.
laughter
Nice one.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 390