Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 391

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 474808 times)

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #2040 on: August 30, 2020, 11:00:31 am »

All metal is now also flammable, as Rimworld teached us.
"Mutagen"! Such a lovely word! I simply MUST have more mutagen!

*sigh* I can't believe I play this game...

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: August 30, 2020, 12:31:24 pm »

That's why sand is so irritating when it gets in everything, it's actually microscopic bearded men with axes feebly hacking at you.

Worldgen now generates a human to host swarms of billions of nanodwarves.  Instead of weather and earthquakes, it is the human scratching and taking showers to try to shake off the dwarfswarms.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: August 30, 2020, 01:32:30 pm »

If a human infected with nanodwarves dies and has nanonecromancers there is a chance they might bring their human host back to life as a zombie.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Randy McShandy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: September 01, 2020, 08:02:05 am »

If a human infected with nanodwarves dies and has nanonecromancers there is a chance they might bring their human host back to life as a zombie.
Thus we have the foundations of Dwarven germ theory.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: September 01, 2020, 08:12:53 am »

Thus we have the foundations of Dwarven germ theory.

Dwarves now have germs.
Dwarves now have conspiracy theories about germs.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #2045 on: September 02, 2020, 07:14:53 am »

Achronal extradimensional entities that can move while the game is paused, but only if nobody is looking at them.  This also includes you, the player.  They will sneak around the fortress, murdering your offscreen dwarves from behind when you are not watching, and turn into indestructible statues when they are visible on your screen or when an in-game creature is looking at them.  The only way to kill them is to trap them in a cave-in, but this requires you to either watch them at all times or assign someone else to watch them, and since units tend to look around randomly you would need a lot of citizens to do the job.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: September 02, 2020, 12:36:20 pm »

Achronal extradimensional entities that can move while the game is paused, but only if nobody is looking at them.  This also includes you, the player.  They will sneak around the fortress, murdering your offscreen dwarves from behind when you are not watching, and turn into indestructible statues when they are visible on your screen or when an in-game creature is looking at them.  The only way to kill them is to trap them in a cave-in, but this requires you to either watch them at all times or assign someone else to watch them, and since units tend to look around randomly you would need a lot of citizens to do the job.
This sounds like an SCO, sadly I can’t remember which one since it’s been some years since I read it.

Every SCP is now in Dwarf Fortress, new ones being added when they are added to the website. As a result of being connected to the website, Dwarf Fortress now requires an Internet Connection to play
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 12:39:09 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: September 02, 2020, 04:17:51 pm »

This sounds like an SCO, sadly I can’t remember which one since it’s been some years since I read it.
(Pretty much exactly a WHO, actually.)

Every single series of fictional universe is available to apply as a Mod. Unfortunately, these are all only half-conversions, at best, for technical reasons. And the 'vanilla' game beneath is now based entirely upon Silhouette Desire books.

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: September 02, 2020, 05:32:10 pm »

Everything is now bread.
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: September 02, 2020, 09:28:49 pm »

Dwarves constantly teleport bread.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Good/Bad Suggestions Thread: Suggestion Center
« Reply #2050 on: September 02, 2020, 11:21:32 pm »

I like reading the more complex suggestions.

Each time a stone is struck with a pickaxe, it has a chance of turning into an impenetrable material that cannot be engraved upon. Stones mined near this new material, Impenetrum, have a slightly higher chance of becoming Impenetrum. Impenetrum is magma safe, and nothing can destroy it, not even demons or Forgotten Beasts or explosives. Thus, eventually, all stone will eventually either be mined or turned into Impenetrum.

Plants are now immune to magma, and Forgotten Beasts have a chance of spawning on the surface when seeds are harvested. Surface Forgotten Beasts could be made of plants, as well as any other FB material. Plant Forgotten Beasts retain the magma safe properties of all plants and while in sunlight, can heal from any damage done to them.

When it rains, there is a chance of Terraria mobs spawning on the map, underground ones would spawn underground, above ones spawning above ground, all Terraria mobs being hostile. Mobs from the Hallow, Corruption, and Crimson may spawn. If any dwarf slays 100 Terraria mobs, shadow orbs and crimson hearts will spawn in the caverns, if there are broken, the respective bosses will be summoned. It is possible to summon multiple bosses without killing the previous, if 6 crimson hearts and 9 shadow orbs are broken, your dwarves will have to deal with 2 Brains of Cthulhu and 3 Eaters of Worlds in short, rain can be a catalyst for much, much more problems.

I guess this thread is more a compilation of both good and bad suggestions. Example, the statues sound like a very interesting suggestion, as does dwarves teleporting bread. Assuming they have no control of where the bread ends up, bread could end up teleporting in front of an arrow, confusing the shooter, the one being shot at, and anyone who saw it

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: September 03, 2020, 06:23:15 am »

Replace all the air in game with forgotten beast dust.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: September 03, 2020, 08:07:31 am »

Replace caverns with forgotten beasts.

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: September 03, 2020, 08:19:56 am »

Replace all air with random terrain and vice versa
"Mutagen"! Such a lovely word! I simply MUST have more mutagen!

*sigh* I can't believe I play this game...

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: September 03, 2020, 04:18:29 pm »

Every single series of fictional universe is available to apply as a Mod.

The game randomly applies fictional universes to itself by going out and finding them on the Internet.  So suddenly Smurfs, or ponies, or He-Man are in the game.
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 391