Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 393

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 477601 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #3150 on: April 03, 2021, 03:12:36 am »

Dwarves should be able to create and play board games, and if they lose these board games this should cause them to tantrum and attack who ever won the game.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Nordlicht

• Bay Watcher
  • Wuschelig & Wunderlich
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: April 03, 2021, 04:35:36 am »

Have steam achievements for posting stupid stuff on this forum and destroying the DF community.

Fikilili

• Bay Watcher
  • "Elves make no sense, change my mind."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: April 03, 2021, 11:36:14 am »

Elves will condemn Dwarves for saying the K word.
"Military? What's that? Something to eat?"

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
  • i should really migrate my saves...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: April 03, 2021, 12:22:50 pm »

Kerbal?
Dawnthunder: It menaces with spikes of tetanus
After the fire had burned down all of the wooden next boxes on the surface, Mottled Petrel was reluctant to replace them with more wooden nest boxes. Instead, he placed the remaining store of wooden nest boxes in the dormitory for any aspiring koopa mothers.

The nest boxes were immediately overrun by helmet snakes.

Fikilili

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: April 03, 2021, 04:15:11 pm »

Kerbal?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: April 03, 2021, 05:17:21 pm »

Elves block the travel of dwarves and humans through the forest, demanding shrubberies.

Dwarves should be able to create and play board games, and if they lose these board games this should cause them to tantrum and attack who ever won the game.

They can also flip the table if it's going badly, resulting in a crime of vandalism.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: April 04, 2021, 05:09:51 am »

Elves block the travel of dwarves and humans through the forest, demanding shrubberies.
They can also say nee at anyone that doesn't give one, this also causes harm to people near by.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
  • i should really migrate my saves...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: April 04, 2021, 12:01:38 pm »

dwarves can and will curl up into a ball and turn into a stone wall when distressed/threatened. they remain aware of whats around them but cannot be moved or mined.
Dawnthunder: It menaces with spikes of tetanus
After the fire had burned down all of the wooden next boxes on the surface, Mottled Petrel was reluctant to replace them with more wooden nest boxes. Instead, he placed the remaining store of wooden nest boxes in the dormitory for any aspiring koopa mothers.

The nest boxes were immediately overrun by helmet snakes.

SixOfSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • likes flesh balls for their calming roundness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: April 04, 2021, 09:16:36 pm »

Dwarves with extremely high Analytical Ability can become aware that they are in a game, and actually mod the game to suit their preferences. Depending on their Focus, the scope of this modding might be limited to just their current fort, or their entire civilization, or all civs in the world . . . or even all future games prior to a full re-install. The nature of the mod is guided by their Creativity and their personality traits. A dwarf who values Eloquence might grant animals, artworks, and even plants the ability to speak. A dwarf with high Ambition suddenly becomes a noble--and perhaps then feels rather disappointed, if there's no higher rank to achieve. A dwarf with a high Lust propensity & low Decorum might choose to erase other dwarves' psychological needs to remain clothed. A dwarf obsessed with escaping death might simply choose to become immortal, skipping necromancy. A dwarf who would just as soon have nature and the great outdoors burned to ashes and converted into a great mining pit . . . you get the idea.
Dwarf Fortress -- kind of like Minecraft, but for people who hate themselves.

Fikilili

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: April 05, 2021, 10:24:08 am »

Add powder that makes dwarves intelligent.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: April 05, 2021, 12:50:33 pm »

Dwarf Fortress may accidentally reveal to random players that they are characters in a simulation that are being used as additional clock elements in a mechano-fluidic Dwarven Computer.

This might cause them to misbehave, which the dwarves may notice and

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: April 05, 2021, 01:51:59 pm »

I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: April 05, 2021, 04:54:35 pm »

Dwarves with extremely high Analytical Ability can become aware that they are in a game, and actually mod the game to suit their preferences. Depending on their Focus, the scope of this modding might be limited to just their current fort, or their entire civilization, or all civs in the world . . . or even all future games prior to a full re-install. The nature of the mod is guided by their Creativity and their personality traits. A dwarf who values Eloquence might grant animals, artworks, and even plants the ability to speak. A dwarf with high Ambition suddenly becomes a noble--and perhaps then feels rather disappointed, if there's no higher rank to achieve. A dwarf with a high Lust propensity & low Decorum might choose to erase other dwarves' psychological needs to remain clothed. A dwarf obsessed with escaping death might simply choose to become immortal, skipping necromancy. A dwarf who would just as soon have nature and the great outdoors burned to ashes and converted into a great mining pit . . . you get the idea.

Some sentients who attained an extremely very high level in some magical fields related to creation might become able to modify the game after attaining divintiy. It sounds like a good idea, and the "all future games" part made it worthy of this thread.
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: April 06, 2021, 05:27:48 am »

All dwarves should have their personalities altered so they're always angry, hate everything, and turn hostile at the sight of another dwarf.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: April 10, 2021, 08:16:04 am »

Invaders have x-ray vision allowing them to see the internal layout of your fortress and better direct their tunneling efforts.  Also, when they look at a dwarf, that dwarf develops symptoms of radiation poisoning and may also develop cancer.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 393