Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 390

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 463939 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #3645 on: September 08, 2021, 03:44:03 am »

Nobles should mandate things that can't be made or make stuff from elements that don't exist.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: September 08, 2021, 04:02:25 am »

If nobles can make things from elements that don’t exist, wouldn’t that make them gods?

When nobles die, their bodies turn into assortments of noble gasses which can eventually take up enough space in lungs to not allow oxygen to pass through anymore, suffocating those that breathe it in. No one knows where these gasses are, not even you, the overseer

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #3647 on: September 08, 2021, 08:28:19 am »

Forgotten beasts can consist of gases.  All attacks pass right through.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: September 08, 2021, 08:35:06 am »

Gas attacks. May involve cooking bean-meals.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: September 09, 2021, 09:21:34 am »

Why not include all states of matter? I propose that FB's/Titans can be made of all kinds of plasma and Einstein-Bose condensate.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: September 09, 2021, 09:52:12 am »

Antimatter as a MAT-type, an automatic copy of all current MATs. In the comic-book sense that it only mutually annihilates with its exact counterpart creature/being/object when they inevitably find themselves in adjacent tiles, and not (particularly) worrisome in general contact with other general non-anti-matter not in the exact anti-form. Though maybe some hand-wavey discorporeality also exists so it can ignore normal-matter walls/etc at will.

Whether the fated mutual-annihilation results in a full mass-energy conversion (Titan+Antititan={{{¡¡¡ ??? !!!}}}), just 'pops' disappointingly like a balloon or is just a weird fading out is entirely random.

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #3651 on: September 09, 2021, 11:50:07 am »

Anti-fire. It unmelts dwarven flesh.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: September 09, 2021, 05:00:03 pm »

Anti-fire. It unmelts dwarven flesh.
Unmelts any flesh, thus creating flesh shells around “living” antifire flames. These antifire creatures search for products of burns t0 “eat” and thus unburn it, thus adding it to it’s body. Antifire can propagate when it is hit, causing sparks to fly out in random directions, liquefying air and thus becoming slimes, searching for other things to unburn. Things I burned by one antifire cannot be unburn Ed by another one unless it was burned by a regular fire. When fire comes in contact with antifire, often by burning the things said antifire is found in, both the fire and antifire disappear, releasing energy in the eight directions in the form of light. The energy of each of the eight photons is calculated by the following formula [(f+a)/8=E] where f=energy from fire, a=energy from antifire, and E=energy of each photon. Photons will continue in the directions they are sent until absorbed or reflected by various materials. X-ray and higher can cause mutations in living creatures, UV is now generated from the sky as well. (From the sun) and will now cause cave adaptation depending on the concentration. Antifires can sometimes be formed around clowns from the Underworld

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: September 09, 2021, 05:31:16 pm »

The denizens of the deep, who you can accidentally/unwittingly release, now include acrobats, freaks, and animal caretakers, in addition to the usual clowns.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 12:27:23 am by A_Curious_Cat »
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: September 09, 2021, 08:11:07 pm »

The underworld is now literally a circus, which is generally harmless to your fort denizens above, except insofar as they'll occasionally send performers up into the fort to kidnap dorfs with certain skills. The kidnapped dorfs will reappear later on as circus performers themselves and continue the merciless cycle.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 08:19:23 pm by PlumpHelmetMan »
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: September 10, 2021, 12:27:42 am »

Fixed previous suggestion.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: September 10, 2021, 01:10:08 am »

Since antifire is a thing, say hello to antisnow and antiice, which melt/boil things rather than condensing/freezing them

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: September 10, 2021, 03:11:01 am »

Now introducing antieverything, it destroys everything it comes into contact with including itself!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: September 10, 2021, 04:13:45 am »

!!Everything!!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: September 10, 2021, 08:57:45 am »

Remember the ancient times when DF had 2 spatial dimensions? And how Toady made it into 3?

Technically, DF is already 4 dimensional, as time passes in it. So only place to go is EVEN HIGHER!

So, now introducing Dwarf Fortress 5D! Each internal cycle DF runs in itself, the current state of the world at the end of it is saved in snapshots and each one of these previous timeline pieces are altered in minuscule ways, then are run as separate instances. These separate possibilities then branch theirs out.

The result is a fractal structure of timelines that branch out into infinity, as a 5 dimensional map of all possibilities.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 390