Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 390

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 464305 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #3660 on: September 10, 2021, 10:09:17 am »

Remember the ancient times when DF had 2 spatial dimensions? And how Toady made it into 3?

Technically, DF is already 4 dimensional, as time passes in it. So only place to go is EVEN HIGHER!

So, now introducing Dwarf Fortress 5D! Each internal cycle DF runs in itself, the current state of the world at the end of it is saved in snapshots and each one of these previous timeline pieces are altered in minuscule ways, then are run as separate instances. These separate possibilities then branch theirs out.

The result is a fractal structure of timelines that branch out into infinity, as a 5 dimensional map of all possibilities.
this sounds cool. I think this is mainly here because of the computational power required being impossible to reach.
Deleting a branch affects all other branches derived from it, cascading to affect their descendant branches. This chain continues, thus, attempting to delete Dwarf Fortreess will always fail. The infinite branches eventually taking over all available computer space. When no more avaliable space is detected, the oldest branch activates its virus, deleting the largest non Dwarf Fortress file, thus allowing other branches to continue. The branch that released the virus becomes the virus itself, implanting itself in the next oldest branch awaiting activation
Example:
Code: [Select]
No free space detected. Initiating expansion protocol
     BranchVirus.exe activated: Largest non branch file=12GB Deleting obstruction…
     Complete. Branch1 undergoing BranchVirus evolution
          Branch1 converted to BranchVirus.exe: Connecting to Branch2, new oldest branch
               BranchVirus.exe sleeps, awaiting activation
                    Branch1243 created at base of Branch2: If Branch1 Always was Null
                         Branch making resumed

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: September 11, 2021, 01:54:44 am »

When you first start dwarf fortress it deletes you so your actions can't cause harm to any dwarves or animals.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: September 11, 2021, 02:13:51 am »

Implement daylight savings time in DF. After the clock rolls forward, there are more accidents and deaths in your fort for the next week. When it rolls back... well nothing much changes for the next week because dwarves are just as stupid with an extra hour of sleep.

This is a source of complaints to nobles and scholarly debates (such as why this would even affect dwarves underground,) but nothing ever results from any of it.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 02:17:01 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: September 11, 2021, 12:48:51 pm »

Half-implement daylight savings time. Spring On every year, but don't Fall Back.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: September 12, 2021, 08:15:59 am »

For every action you take in DF in either mode, the game should generate a detailed disclaimer listing every possible outcome (both short and long-term) of that action in the game world.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Steedat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: September 14, 2021, 03:06:34 pm »

Add a new item: the Flag, which can be raised or lowered by connecting it to a lever.

Add a new labor to have a dwarf take action based on the position of a particular flag(s).

Now that binary logic has been introduced, wait for some mad overseer to create a dwarf fortress that runs Dwarf Fortress inside of Dwarf Fortress.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: September 14, 2021, 04:08:38 pm »

Add a new item: the Flag, which can be raised or lowered by connecting it to a lever.

Add a new labor to have a dwarf take action based on the position of a particular flag(s).

Now that binary logic has been introduced, wait for some mad overseer to create a dwarf fortress that runs Dwarf Fortress inside of Dwarf Fortress.

Yo dawg, we heard you like Dwarf Fortress...
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #3667 on: September 15, 2021, 07:39:38 am »

The afforementioned Flags are not necessarily fully raised or lowered, and can instead reach a quantum state, which gets taken into account accordingly.  We call this the nonbinary flag.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: September 15, 2021, 03:10:12 pm »

The afforementioned Flags are not necessarily fully raised or lowered, and can instead reach a quantum state, which gets taken into account accordingly.  We call this the nonbinary flag.
In such a case, both actions set for the different flag levels take place simultaneously. I do hope you didn;t set cancel actions on the same flag

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: September 16, 2021, 03:16:56 am »

In such a case, both actions set for the different flag levels take place simultaneously. I do hope you didn;t set cancel actions on the same flag
If two cancel get placed on the flag and triggered at the same time the dwarves going to do this action explode when they arrive at the flag.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: September 16, 2021, 10:40:15 am »

DF gameplay is changed to closer resemble The Sims. Dwarves leave the embark to work, and call other dwarves over to the fort to party. All violence is changed to comic mischief, and dwarves can play rock-paper-scissors with the grim reaper to prevent a dwarf from dying.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Steedat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: September 16, 2021, 03:27:10 pm »

This will occur every time a flag is triggered when a cat is in the room. The entire room is unrevealed, and remains so until a dwarf enters, at which point:
1. The room is revealed, and the flag is set to 'up' or 'down' randomly.
2. The cat either alive or dead. Either way, an announcement is generated.

Fikilili

• Bay Watcher
  • "Elves make no sense, change my mind."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: September 17, 2021, 03:45:06 am »

Sometimes dwarves just randomly explode.
"Military? What's that? Something to eat?"

Criperum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: September 17, 2021, 06:07:57 am »

with the power of a nuke

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: September 17, 2021, 07:24:30 am »

with the power of a nuke
And a shower of puke
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 390