Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 390

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 464269 times)

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #4575 on: June 19, 2022, 05:43:53 am »

Angels and clowns are now brown note beings
They go insane because they shit their pants?

In lovecraftian horror (considering that Armok completely destroys realities and any consciousness, even afterlife ones) sapient beings can stumble across aliens who are so strange in look due to bizzare violations of reality as we know that their sanity gets completely twisted. Same aliens or whatever know the reality around them better than humans do or other sapients like us in general.

Let's assume you would swap a body with a dog. You would still have memories of your life as a human but your dog brain cannot comprehend abstracts which humans can do and so you are going to remain insane because you cannot understand your own memories. Your new brain would not have a slot for them. This is something 230 IQ cannot overcome, not even 9999 of it.

Lovecraftian horror beasts are so bizzare that merely looking at them causes sanity slippage regardless of your willpower. Your mind is just inferior to them. They know things about physics which humans cannot grasp no matter how they would try to explain them to us mortals. Since their bodies are composed of those physical rules... well.

My suggestion is terrible because it would feel like a lovecraftian horror formula rip-off one more step and clowns would be too powerful, encouraging cheese mechanics even more and giving no chance to "blind playthrough" players.
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4576 on: June 19, 2022, 03:31:05 pm »

I think Zultan was just being overly literal as a joke. Most speculative fiction fans are familiar with the tropes of Lovecraftian horror. :P
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4577 on: June 19, 2022, 04:05:30 pm »

Unundead. Of everything.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4578 on: June 19, 2022, 04:45:19 pm »

Unundead. Of everything.

So...just plain alive or dead?
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4579 on: June 19, 2022, 09:15:35 pm »

No, its a fourth state of being, not alive, not dead, and not undead. unundead is a state of being where a living soul bound to the mortal world is trapped in the realm of the dead, creating an unzombie or antispectre in the afterlife. These will torture the souls of the deceased, turning heaven into hell with earthly suffering and wants. They themselves will experience great anguish from experiencing the horrors of hellish realms before their time, and once banished will return to the mortal world forever changed.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4580 on: June 20, 2022, 03:28:58 am »

I think Zultan was just being overly literal as a joke. Most speculative fiction fans are familiar with the tropes of Lovecraftian horror. :P
I was actually making a reference to the brown note thing from South Park, but yeah I was making a joke and knew about the Lovecraft stuff.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4581 on: June 20, 2022, 05:10:17 am »

At some random point the game will ask the player Lovecraft related questions. If the answers are wrong, the game will end and give you lengthy detailed explanations about the Cthulhu Mythos, Lovecraftian horror and such.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4582 on: June 20, 2022, 10:21:04 am »

Make Wayne June narrate fortress mode. There may not be enough budget for adventure mode anyway.
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4583 on: June 20, 2022, 11:50:20 am »

The game will pause at random points to provide lengthy explanations regarding all of its content.

"A fortress is a well-defended stronghold, usually used in a military context. Dwarves, meanwhile, are a mythical people originating in the stories of the ancient Norse. In the centuries since, they have become a staple of modern fantasy literature. Their typical portrayal is of short, stocky subterranean miners with prominent facial hair (sometimes in both genders) and a fondness for hard drink."

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4584 on: June 20, 2022, 10:24:32 pm »

Unhappy dwarfs insult the overseer.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4585 on: June 21, 2022, 02:02:54 am »

Everything in the fort has a sound associated with it and these sounds play every time the item is interacted with, these interactions include being carried, being worn, waking on, and many more!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: June 21, 2022, 02:25:04 am »

A terrible *squick* sound must be added for vermin corpses stuck in doors, every time a dwarf tries to close the door behind them. You know theres a dead butterfly in one of your doors, but have no idea where!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4587 on: June 22, 2022, 11:35:55 am »

Minecraft crossover.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

BlueManedHawk

• Bay Watcher
  • Does you is not can the have the yet what do it be
    • View Profile
« Reply #4588 on: June 22, 2022, 01:08:47 pm »

Minecraft crossover.

Can't happen until multi-Z-level explosions are implemented, and by that point, Minecraft will be have it's done to gone have been a the died.

How do i use sigtext properly?

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4589 on: June 22, 2022, 01:14:47 pm »

A terrible *squick* sound must be added for vermin corpses stuck in doors, every time a dwarf tries to close the door behind them. You know theres a dead butterfly in one of your doors, but have no idea where!

Similar awful *squick* sounds accompany all couplings between your dwarves.
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 390