Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 390

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 463961 times)

Criperum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #5475 on: May 23, 2023, 06:43:42 am »

You can see things that have been reported to the mayor whether true or not... And there's no way to tell the difference between reality and one or other of mistaken observations, deliberate lies, fabulations or just out-of-datedness.

This sounds interesting TBH. Granted, there should be ways that the player can gradually work out the true information from the false (perhaps with varying and/or customizable difficulty levels).
It should depend on how high the mayor's liar skill is, if it is legendary you will never be able to what's real and what's fake.
Or the better liar mayor is the better he can tell who is liing to him. But the info he gives to a player depends on mayors loyalty to the player. And it depends on mayors rooms value. So you have to constantly please him to get best data

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5476 on: May 23, 2023, 02:45:13 pm »

If you don't keep your nobles satisfied, they may decide to blackmail you (simulated by the DF code tracking your personal information and releasing it to the internet if the mandates of your nobles are consistently refused).
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 02:48:34 pm by PlumpHelmetMan »
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5477 on: May 23, 2023, 05:06:03 pm »

Toady One should move DF over to a “Pay-to-Play” (or, perhaps, just “Pay-to-Win”) system, complete with micro-transactions and unskippable ads.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5478 on: May 24, 2023, 01:07:12 am »

Toady One should move DF over to a “Pay-to-Play” (or, perhaps, just “Pay-to-Win”) system, complete with micro-transactions and unskippable ads.
If you pay $4.99 you can save Urist McStupid that went outside during a siege, it's a one time save only that won't stop him from trying to go out there again immediately after payment.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5479 on: May 24, 2023, 01:31:13 am »

a “Pay-to-Play” (or, perhaps, just “Pay-to-Win”) system

Or possibly “Pay-to-Lose”?

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5480 on: June 01, 2023, 07:54:18 pm »

Cavern passages narrow enough for dwarves (and other creatures) to get stuck in.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5481 on: June 03, 2023, 05:43:14 pm »

Elderly dwarves get bad thoughts worrying about falling and not being able to get up, unless they have an artifact amulet.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5482 on: June 04, 2023, 12:57:16 am »

Elderly dwarves should get bad thoughts from anything young dwarves do.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5483 on: June 05, 2023, 12:43:01 am »

Cavern passages narrow enough for dwarves (and other creatures) to get stuck in.
Fat dwarves (and other creatures) need wider passages than not fat dwarves (and other creatures), and the fatter the dwarf (and other creatures) the wider the passage required.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5484 on: June 05, 2023, 01:35:00 am »

Dwarves can make magma boots out of, well, magma. Needless tp say what happens to dwarf feet if they are worn.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5485 on: June 05, 2023, 02:20:05 am »

Young dwarves should likewise get bad thoughts from spending time around elderly dwarves, who mostly make them sit through rambling monologues about how much better things were when they were the young dwarf's age and about how the young'uns in this day and age have it too easy (this will be the case even in a world that's just been created).

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5486 on: June 05, 2023, 02:36:25 am »

Young dwarves should likewise get bad thoughts from spending time around elderly dwarves, who mostly make them sit through rambling monologues about how much better things were when they were the young dwarf's age and about how the young'uns in this day and age have it too easy (this will be the case even in a world that's just been created).

"When I was young we didn't have no fancy z-levels and tall trees, boy. Oh, when I was your age, not only tower-caps, but all trees gave only one log..."

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5487 on: June 05, 2023, 10:42:11 am »

"When I was young we didn't have no fancy z-levels and tall trees, boy. Oh, when I was your age, not only tower-caps, but all trees gave only one log..."

“Yeah, right… Next thing your gonna tell me, you never got stuck in a tree.”

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5488 on: June 05, 2023, 05:21:20 pm »

Butts should be added to the game.

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5489 on: June 05, 2023, 08:31:16 pm »

Every square in the entire world that does not already have something on it should have a goat placed on it.
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 390