Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hoppercloudy - A Fall From Grace human fortress  (Read 3579 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hoppercloudy - A Fall From Grace human fortress
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2020, 09:24:00 am »

Things seem to be shaping up quite well.

Also what mod are you using for this?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

applet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2020, 11:36:15 am »

Also what mod are you using for this?
so, after getting back into df and this forum after i think two years, then finding this great mod (get it while its warm boys http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=174951.0 ), i decided to combine my mediocre writing skills, mediocre drawing skills, lacking DF skills and a complete inexperiencing at making aboveground forts into something that might prove fun for me to play and for you to read, i'm not very well-versed in community games and stuff but if you want to suggest a course of action or want to get dwarfed-er, humaned in the next migrant wave feel free to ask[/qoute]
Ledpaddled
Meanwhile in the background, some migrant brought a cat! The first cat in Whisperwhip for a few years now, actually. The local population accidentally died of exploding over the years.

After 3 days, the new cat explodes.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2020, 09:34:45 pm »

Annex: Religion in the Emerald Empire
As with most nations in the Western Continents before the Deluge, the ancestors of the Emerald Empire worshipped the Corpse God, and they continue to do so to this day. They however didn't always worship him.
Prior to the Undying Prophet's birth, crucifixion and resurrection as the Corpse God, the ancestors of the Emeralder people worshipped a pantheon of primitive minor gods. To them they offered prayer, sacrifice and ritual. However, with the expansion of the Corpse God cult amongst the client states of the Roaming Empire, most of those minor gods were replaced by his religion.
Some, however, remained. Either due to syncretism or due to those minor gods forsaking their old bonds to the ancient Green God and subjecting themselves to the upstart Corpse God, their cult remained, in some way or another, within the Emerald Empire, now worshipped as saints or angels.
Min the Copper
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Venerated as an angel of the Corpse God and the one that announced his birth to his virgin mother, Min the Copper is associated with the sky, the moon, the night, the sky and rainbows, all of which are believed to be his domains. Some say he used to be worshipped as a messenger god in the old pagan days, a being that would guide the souls of the deceased into the afterlife among the stars.

St. Himpost the Trickster
St. Himpost is a saint associated with death and rumours, According to tradition, was but a man in the pagan days before the fall of Roam. According to legend, he managed to convert a local pagan king into the Corpse God's religion by spreading rumours of his own death, then appearing to said king, claiming to have been resurrected. Many more tales recount his escapades and trickeries, before finally being martyred by a very annoyed pagan. Some believe he was worshipped in the old pagan days as some sort of trickster god.

St. Sen the Allmother
St. Sen is a saint venerated in some way by all Emeralders. She is associated with love and family, as she is the human mother of the Corpse God. She was not worshipped by the Emeralders in the pagan days, as she was introduced alongside the Corpse God's cult, and is venerated in all other Corpse God-following realms under different names.

St. Hend the Painter
St. Hend is known as the patron saint of painters. According to tradition, she and her sister Bit were martyred by a pagan king for converting his court with her paintings. Some believe she was worshipped in the pagan days as some sort of muse or vision-granting deity, and many still pray to her for visions of the future.

St. Bit the Singer
St. Bit is the patron saint of singers and bards. According to tradition, she and her sister Hend were martyred by a pagan king for converting his court with her songs. Some believe she was worshipped in the pagan days as some sort of muse or inspiration-granting deity, and many still pray for her for artistic inspiration.

The Queen of Searching
Venerated as an angel of the Corpse God and the one who cast the Sinful God out of heaven, the Queen of Searching is venerated mainly by warriors and judges, as she is associated with justice, laws and discipline, and which many pray for her to uphold in this world increasingly ruled by monsters.

Fenzahle the Tenebrous Quandry
There are no icons, paintings or statues of Fenzahle. This so-called angel associated with mist is widely worshipped out of a sense of respectful fear. Not many know his true nature, and theologians speculating on it tend to be branded heretics, but it is known that he is the most proactive of the entities venerated by the Emerald Empire when it comes to granting blessings and curses. He is said to revel in chaos and destruction, primarily when inflicted on enemies of the Corpse God, but he sheds no tears when the results of his "blessings" come back to bite his followers. It is not known why he is associated with mist, though it is widely accepted that only disgrace comes to those foolish enough to stare into the mist for too long.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2020, 09:04:43 am »

Hmm... Merman is an ardent worshipper of the gods of painting, trickery, death, and chaos & destruction. Sounds like ol' Merman is just a tortured artist under all that muscle.
Pages: 1 [2]