Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Ledpaddled - Babytime [60 years]  (Read 13642 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Ledpaddled - Now with 13% more crazy [60 years]
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2020, 04:42:51 am »

Body parts to tend to fly around into the most surprising of places

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2020, 08:37:43 am »

Howdy applet - took me a couple days to read through all of this but I'm glad I did. It's a very enjoyable little tale.

Can I get dorfed as Olin? I'll take the name of his artifact, "Twinklestrap". Any profession is fine if he gets to that age.

applet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2020, 12:12:35 pm »

This sums up more of DF then it should.

Howdy applet - took me a couple days to read through all of this but I'm glad I did. It's a very enjoyable little tale.

Can I get dorfed as Olin? I'll take the name of his artifact, "Twinklestrap". Any profession is fine if he gets to that age.
Glad you enjoyed, it is a bit different from what I've been doing in my SG turns.

Speaking of different - I've come to realize how different this fort plays to most others (SGs and other of my own forts).
Like this

-99k stress is "normal" in Ledpaddled. 0 is "bad" comparatively.
Perhaps this is common in long-lived forts?
Or because I run every dwarf up to Legendary+5 in Fighter, with most other military skills in the Legendary at the minimum. (Except one designated sheriff, who only gets marksdwarf training)
Ledpaddled
Meanwhile in the background, some migrant brought a cat! The first cat in Whisperwhip for a few years now, actually. The local population accidentally died of exploding over the years.

After 3 days, the new cat explodes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2020, 12:32:54 pm »

Probably, Dwarves get as stressed as darkest dungeon characters the longer they live

This sums up more of DF then it should.
Praise be Armok

applet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ledpaddled - Surprisingly efficient goblin grinding [60 years]
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2020, 02:55:05 pm »

On a pig tail scroll dated 315
Baroness Ustuth Satkol

Darn it. As soon as I sit down to document our progress the damned goblins showes up! Well, I guess I better send someone to pull the levers.

Right, to the documentation.

First, the tragic and stupid death of Urvad. Drowned in the powerplant of the magma pump. Tried to go fetch some gems I think. Then I had to stop a few more of our more impulsive young dwarves (And my mother thought I was bad!) from running in to get poor Urvads belongings.

Shut down the reactor as per earlier design. Then I allowed in one of my brothers to get Urvads body out for burial. He went in a bit too quickly in my opinion, but got out alright with the body.

Goblins showed up at the turn of summer 311. And this time we had magma in the chute! Worked a treat, most of the messy cleanup is no longer.

---

I made a mistake, appointing a tavern keeper. I thought we would have some extra booze served for us, but it seems instead Lorbam got most (all?) of it. To be honest, when I heard the report I thought it was Thîkut who died - but it was the other dancer who bit it - somewhat unexpectedly. Only later did I realize what must have happened.

So I reassigned the tavern keeper as library scribe - since apparently we've never bothered copying up the books we have so that more than 1 can read them at once.

And he got right to it. With the most worn scroll to be found. Not sure how long that will last in that state - though I have noticed that things we give names to don't seem to degrade the same way other objects do.

Ïngiz had another baby just before the summer goblins arrived.

There was a lot of them, that time around.

The 'chute' chewed up about half of them, before the rest of them thought better of it and retreated.

There must have been some administrative mixup, which I'm not even sure how that happens in a fort this small, because we have interred some trolls and goblins.

Maybe they're citizens of our kingdom somehow and ended up press ganged into the goblins army?

---

Ïngiz had her 5th child during that summer.

And Avuz finally made it through basic training.

When he came of age it was decided to suspend the normal training cycle in favour of "alone time for certain pairs" as my mother put it. Well, that didn't really work out, so I thought it high time to get Avuz up to standard.

The next interesting thing that happened was the winter goblins.

Into the chute they went.

---

OOC
Peculiar about the interred enemies... although it might have something to do with me demanding tribute from some nearby goblin settlements - although I didn't get any messages on the success or failure of that mission.
Ledpaddled
Meanwhile in the background, some migrant brought a cat! The first cat in Whisperwhip for a few years now, actually. The local population accidentally died of exploding over the years.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Ledpaddled - Surprisingly efficient goblin grinding [60 years]
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2020, 04:56:07 pm »

Wait, so those gobbos and trolls were auto-assigned burial spots?

applet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2020, 05:35:17 pm »

Wait, so those gobbos and trolls were auto-assigned burial spots?
Yep
Ledpaddled

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2020, 04:22:09 pm »

Does legends mode say if they had joint civ membership? Those gobbos must have Dwarven passports

applet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ledpaddled - Babytime [60 years]
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2020, 02:15:47 pm »

On a pig tail scroll dated 315
Baroness Ustuth Satkol

Ran out of scroll, had to go get another. Seems like the goblins out there are in no hurry to get into the chute.

Ran by dakost one day shortly after that siege the last scroll ended on.

He was standing there with some old sock or whatever in hand, right in the main stairwell. Not moving at all. I thought he was sober and went to get him something to drink. But when I returned he was no longer there.

Not so curious later when the marriage was announced. In fact, Kib told me all about it, in way too great a detail.

---

Ïngiz had another child, and, surprise, Kib also had a child albeit a little later, when the caravan arrived.

A side effect of what she was telling me earlier, I would suppose.

Goblins showed up again in the spring.

Chute ate them all, as is becoming tradition.

---

Kib had another child.

At this rate we'll be inundated with the little bastards ones. I guess that's good though - we'll be able to take the fight to the goblins again soon.

Another 2 artifacts was produced during 314 as well.

A figurine.

And a cup.

As it was turning 315 one of the scholars I admitted came up with a wacky theory.

I don't really see how any of that affects how we live, but on the other hand, I'm no scholar.

Allow me to explain. We've had lots of visitors since pretty much always. Many of them have gone insane for reasons unknown. Some performers died last scroll, as the reader might remember. I also started admitting scholars at around that time - and this was the only one so far. We currently have a resident dancer as well.

Now the scrolls are caught up again, except for the arrival of the goblins out there.

---

OOC
Soo, Dakost. I finally had enough and just set-orientation on him to 2. I was hoping to avoid this, but .47 does not seem to have had any impact on the babymaking, at least not yet. While one of the goals of this fort is to use no migrants, it is not a goal to run without growth. A back up strategy for the survival is to wait until there's less then 7 left and then get some migrants to re-start that would be a lot of waiting for basically nothing. So dfhack it is.

I could not find my test subject interred goblin as a historical figure in legends :\

Available for dorfing in 315
Momuz, f, 9
Kivish, m, 5
Goden, f, 4
Likot, f, 3
Zon, f, 2
Dastot, m, 2
Onget, f, 1

Thought-screens available on demand
Ledpaddled

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
Re: Ledpaddled - Babytime [60 years]
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2020, 07:11:18 pm »

Please dorf me Likot, f, 3  (in honor of Likot Udendeb, SoapEater) and anything you do with Likot is fine by me.
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

applet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2020, 12:08:02 pm »

Please dorf me Likot, f, 3  (in honor of Likot Udendeb, SoapEater) and anything you do with Likot is fine by me.
So you wish to be dorfed as 'Uthimienure'? or 'Likot'? or something else I'm not entirely clear on this one, theres a reason I mention a template in the OP xD
Maybe i shouldn't have stopped putting it in the end of every story post.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 12:12:48 pm by applet »
Ledpaddled

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2020, 03:19:33 pm »

Sorry, my bad for missing this template:
Would you like to get dorfed? Check the latest update, at the end there should be a list of screenshots of currently available dwarves. Pick one, then reply to the thread with: Name of the dwarf to be dorfed as, dorfing name, custom profession (if any), desired labours (if any).

Likot = Name of the dwarf to be dorfed as,
Likot U = dorfing name,
Whatever you need when she grows up (she's 3 years old now, right?), or Soap Maker if you have that need = custom profession (if any),
Whatever you need when she grows up, Military if she has the aptitude for it = desired labours (if any)
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

applet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2020, 11:53:34 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Military training in ledpaddled is not really optional, its either forbidden (if you're the designated sheriff) or mandatory (for everyone else).

Soaping is certainly a possible profession, but unlikely to be the highest skill.
Ledpaddled

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]