Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [47.05] Diablo Mod - Concept Art update  (Read 14215 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
[47.05] Diablo Mod - Concept Art update
« on: November 05, 2018, 01:41:12 pm »

Been working on this the past month, got done a day back so here it is!

Essentially, this is just a large pack containing the monsters and races across all 3 Diablo games. More than a 100 wild creatures, 31 new races in total (only 5 of which are friendly), 15 new megabeasts (one of which, the Rift Guardian, is actually more like 27 megabeasts in one - you'll most likely not see all of its castes in a single world) and 3 new interaction types (sorcerer, wizard and druid).
Even compared to my other mods, this is kind of a "hardmode" one, as the vast majority of the creatures will appear even in non-savage, non-evil biomes, and quite a few have innate combat skills that will make them a great danger to civilians - of course, many of them are also tameable and can be kept around as pets.

Download links:
Raws Only

Thanks to Deon for the crafting reactions!
Thanks to my girlfriend for the lovely banner up top. Yes, its just the dark wanderer with a dwarven beard.

Anyway, hope you guys have fun with this!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 11:19:18 am by ZM5 »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Diablo Mod
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 05:17:49 pm »

Great work ZM5!

I'll try this later when I got the time for it.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 07:20:28 am »

Quick update - fixed an oversight with the Dune Threshers not having their proper size and female corrupted rogues being called "marksmen" instead of "markswomen" - both fixes should work on an existing world. More importantly, I've added some of the missing professions to all non-cave civs - its for convenience incase you want to add [SITE_CONTROLLABLE] to any of them in order to play as them in fort mode. I don't guarantee they'll be fleshed-out since they were meant as non-playable factions, but they do have the basic noble sets for completion's sake.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 09:50:02 am »

Slightly larger update this time - fixed a bunch of more oversights and potential issues, and I also added crafting reactions from Wanderer (thanks to Deon for those!) - most importantly I'm finished with the help files for this, so if you want to know what a particular creature can do then look through those. I've also added a minor template file I'll be using for projectiles from now on - I'll add it onto my other mods later once I have more significant updates for them.

I'll be focusing on my other mods for now, particularly the good/evil biome revamp as I have some ideas for it. Stay tuned!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 09:55:12 am by ZM5 »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [44.12] Diablo Mod - Concept Art update
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2019, 08:08:51 am »

Bigger update - I've added some new creatures and a new civilized race. Most of these creatures are from concept art for Diablo 2 and 3, as the new thread title suggests - i.e Flame Vipers, the Mage Jars, the Smoke Charmers, the Head Hunters and a few others (I'd post more but the diabloii.net gallery seems to be down for me).

I also added lances and kukris - the former are already in my main pack, the latter will be added to it with the next update. Aside from that, a lot of the monsters got innate combat skills and occasionally raised attributes, plus creatures that hover and are not potential pets (so mostly civilized creatures, i.e Dark Vessel caste of the Dark Cultists) will avoid traps.

Hope you guys enjoy this update!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [44.12] Diablo Mod - Concept Art update
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2019, 05:14:12 pm »

Small update - added some of the weapons and armor/clothing that I've recently added to the main pack to this (i.e pauldrons, bastard swords, chest wrappings, anklets) - entities also updated accordingly.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [47.02] Diablo Mod - Concept Art update
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2020, 11:47:26 am »

Update to 47 - only the raws only version is updated for now.

Main changes:
-Slash/stab attack values rebalanced.
-Edged projectile attacks - universally frost bolts are now edged - many creatures (notably the Spike/Quill Fiends, Icy Quillbacks and Ice Porcupines) have new edged ranged attacks too.
-Summons for way too many creatures to list. Priest caste of Necromancers, Witch Doctors, and some Rift Guardians are just a few of the examples.
-Much lower pet values for buying/selling for most creatures.

I'll do a slightly larger update for this later - now that summoning is a thing I could do the Hydra summon for Sorcerers/Wizards, or the "monster spawner" creatures i.e the Foul Crow nests or Mummy sarcophagi.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [47.04] Diablo Mod - Concept Art update
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2020, 07:33:06 am »

Small update - as with the DD pack, the creatures that previously didn't have to eat/drink now have to, as that was causing worldgen crashes. Only the raws-only version is updated for the time being.
Other updates:
-Some more summons added, and others (particularly megabeast ones) readjusted - Wizards can summon Arcane Hydras, Sorcerers summon Flame Hydras. Baal variants (Lords/Avatars of Destruction) summon Festering Appendages, Blood Witches summon Blood Slimes, and Ghom variants (Lord of Gluttony, Voracious Maw and Foul Desectrator) can spit out up to 2 Acidic Slime minions, and Abyssal Callers summon immobile Water Serpents.
-Monster spawner creatures added - Foul Crow/Black Raptor/Cloud Stalker Nests, Carrion/Cave Wing Nests and Mummy Sarcophagi.
-Rift Guardians can summon a thin mist (moreso for intimidation factor, as its visibility limitation is very slight).
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 10:18:35 am by ZM5 »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [47.04] Diablo Mod - Concept Art update
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2020, 07:56:05 am »

Small update, updated the weapon files and entities for compatibility with the other packs that use the same weapon set.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [47.05] Diablo Mod - Concept Art update
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2021, 11:23:30 am »

Small update, updated the weapon files for compatibility, also small oversight fixes.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
Re: [47.05] Diablo Mod - Concept Art update
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2021, 04:31:52 pm »

This is pretty sweet!
'ere the Chias get hungry...