Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Adventurer's Journal v2  (Read 21246 times)

Jack-22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer's Journal v2
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2019, 07:03:11 am »

Ah, that is unfortunate—the source code being possibly lost...
I have good news for us. I found the source code. So I can gradually continue to improve on this.

Oh, and about keeping both up-to-date, I mentioned both of them because I was not sure if there are other Adventurers who prefer the console version over the windowed version, so I figured it would be fair and safe to assume that there are some Adventurers who do.
My final intent is to meet both adventurous types: DFHack users and users without DFHack. The windowed version serves the first case and the console version the second. I am still looking for a way to balance this in a single utility. I am an experimental developer.

unless I want more verbose information about my world that Adventurer's Journal does not provide (yet ..?).
I've been thinking about this. With the data we have extracted from legends mode it is possible to have more information on the adventurer's map, but it would be pointless. An adventurer has to have adventure information, not the world guide, right? This may be for the other utilities intended for this.

Thank you for considering that suggestion by the way! I tend to get a little lost from time to time when wanting to journey back to my Adventurer's "home" (point at which she spawned), so I thought that and the ability to type notes into those pins might be really helpful features for anyone who is as forgetful or terrible at directions like I am.
There was no thinking about it and I agree with you. I will consider the possibilities of programming this for a future release.

I found it very useful to be able to use the "die" command in the windowed version rather than having to press CTRL+SHIFT+P to "show" DFHack's console to kill my client, and I have access to opening "Legends Mode" in Adventure Mode to export my files for my world without having to go through DFHack's console to do so. StoneSense and TWaterLvl lets me choose when I want to use it from Adventurer's Journal rather than LNP...
Yes, immersing these commands in an internal menu is better for the adventurer than typing commands for DFHack. Improves gameplay because the player doesn't have to "quit" to get things done.

...and I assume TWaterLvl will allow me to disable and enable it at will without having to relaunch my client—yet another feature that removes my need to leave LNP open.
Yes, it proceeds. The command does not need to restart the game, it works in real time. I tested. Leave LNP for this  ;)

I have yet to use the "Loot System" and cheats, but based on the description, they do quests much more rewarding...
As we speak in my country: this is a fragrance, that is, I made it as a toast.
May need tweaking and contain unobserved bugs. Keep an eye.

I appreciate the motivations. I have an ally in this.

UristVanHelsing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2019, 10:42:59 am »

This looks like a fantastic utility! Any chance of it coming to Linux? I'm a bit of a dev myself, so if you need help with porting it, I can do that.
You could always spread it around and paint the floor of your house with the blood of your enemies.
You could very well go for a Christmas themed house, all green and red from blood and vomit. Deck the halls with spilled intestines. Fa la la la la, la la la la!

Jack-22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2019, 08:42:35 am »

This looks like a fantastic utility! Any chance of it coming to Linux? I'm a bit of a dev myself, so if you need help with porting it, I can do that.
Thanks, UristVanHelsing. I appreciate this.

I am currently developing a "definitive version", something to meet the demands of the players, clean and without exaggeration.
It will be in window mode, using DFHack and will include full map and cheats (optional).

I always accept suggestions.

At the moment the programming will only serve Windows users (I am using C #).
Please contact me if you wish to collaborate.

Conor891

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2019, 02:13:32 pm »

I really like this and will now be using it every time I play adventure mode so thank you so much for making this utility.

Do you plan on adding anymore information that you acquire from talking to be listed where it shows current quest?

I think it'd be really nice if it showed absolutely every bit of information you gathered so far for the quest you're currently on, like people that can act as potential guides their whereabouts and all that.

Jack-22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2019, 03:33:41 pm »

I really like this and will now be using it every time I play adventure mode so thank you so much for making this utility.
I appreciate.
Keep an eye on this post, I will centralize here the versions of the Journal.
I made several versions, as you may have noticed from file depot.
I work experimentally and keep everything there separately.

Not wanting to brag, but this version I'm doing now is getting pretty pretty, comming soon...

Do you plan on adding anymore information that you acquire from talking to be listed where it shows current quest?

I think it'd be really nice if it showed absolutely every bit of information you gathered so far for the quest you're currently on, like people that can act as potential guides their whereabouts and all that.
The idea is not bad, but for this I face a technical problem.
The Journal works by collecting data from gamelog.txt, and the best quest lines are the rumored lines.
In them there is already the region, site, and target to be hunted, and nothing more...

Thanks for suggesting me how to make this the best utility for adventure mode.
With possibilities, I will do what I can to improve our Journal.

Jack-22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2020, 10:42:01 am »

Hello adventurers

For the purpose of improving the "Adventurer's Journal Classic" utility, I ask anyone who has played adventure mode in version 0.47.xx for some time and would like to help send me their gamelog.txt to jackson.freitas@gmail.com or look for me in a private message At the forum.

I hope to have news soon.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 10:44:20 am by Jack-22 »

Jack-22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2020, 12:34:14 pm »

AJC version released to 0.47.xx.
Many improvements and some practicality of use. Adventurers, enjoy:

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14553

hertggf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2020, 01:15:20 pm »

Code: [Select]
Unhandled Exception: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the boun
ds of the array.
   at AJC._gamelog.CasosEspeciais(String[] dados, String[] coleta_1)
   at AJC._gamelog.FiltraRepetidos(String[] dados)
   at AJC.Program.Main(String[] args)
Using df 47.03 and dfhack-0.47.03-alpha0-200217002-Windows-64
I tried clearing out gamelog.txt and got the same error
This util sounds amazing so I really hope we can get it to work  :)

Jack-22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2020, 01:29:34 pm »

Code: [Select]
Unhandled Exception: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the boun
ds of the array.
   at AJC._gamelog.CasosEspeciais(String[] dados, String[] coleta_1)
   at AJC._gamelog.FiltraRepetidos(String[] dados)
   at AJC.Program.Main(String[] args)
Using df 47.03 and dfhack-0.47.03-alpha0-200217002-Windows-64
I tried clearing out gamelog.txt and got the same error
This util sounds amazing so I really hope we can get it to work  :)

Perfect! That kind of support helps a lot!
Can you send me your gamelog.txt to jackson.freitas@gmail.com?
I need it to determine the cause of the error.

Jack-22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2020, 02:06:31 pm »

... and your SAVE.txt, please. Thanks.

hertggf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2020, 11:25:16 am »

PM sent

Jack-22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2020, 01:48:05 pm »

on here:

version with this fixes:

Thanks a lot for the help!

Adventurers, if you find errors or have suggestions, send them to jackson.freitas@gmail.com
I will read all of them and attend according to possibilities and needs.
If there are errors, send the gamelog.txt and the attached AJC * .txt files together.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2020, 09:12:59 pm »

I only now discover this, but it seems like such a great tool to make adventure mode less of a burden (when I play I actually have a notebook next to me).
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Jack-22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2020, 03:31:22 pm »

release 13 available:

News:
Updated to 0.47.04 (but runs well in any version, I think)
Fixed bug in pathgame for some rare cases that occurred in the tests.
Including more possible sizes for the extra map (we now have from 12x12 to 32x32).
and this utility is being integrated into my new utility: Samba

« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 03:33:31 pm by Jack-22 »

Jack-22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2020, 08:55:54 am »

release 14 available:

Fixed quests with criminals located in pits crashing.
Keep reporting bugs. I keep this working
Pages: 1 [2] 3