Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17

Author Topic: Killing time (9/10)  (Read 25299 times)

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Killing time (9/10)
« Reply #195 on: December 10, 2018, 03:54:30 pm »

cmon guys, I bet if we work together we can depopulate this whole city before the investigators can stop us.
Highly unlikely, maybe 1 suburb but not the whole city. Hmm maybe I should add a total city pop.Added!

Remember to simulate a birth rate for us to work against.

Even with a first world birth rate of say 5 per 1000 that is still a handful of new babies being born each month. To kill.
There is an immigration rate of 10 a day and birth rate of 1 per 200 per week.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 10, 2018, 04:24:47 pm »

O golly, how will we ever keep up with 10 per day.

That's an immigration rate of 146 per 1000 per year :O

Which is on par with war refugee mass migration https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_net_migration_rate

The united states has something like 15 per 1000 per year
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 10, 2018, 05:17:02 pm »

Which is on par with war refugee mass migration https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_net_migration_rate

you forget about state-to-state travel. some people might be coming here on buisness and leaving months later.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 10, 2018, 05:44:13 pm »

If we all meet each other in character, we might have a chance.

Return to work.

Sex: Male
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 10, 2018, 08:06:46 pm »

((Shouldn't that be a 4 because of the +1 to rolls all day?))

Put on the mask and cloak. Sneak from behind and behead the drunk with the cleaver. Chop the corpse into small chunks and hide them in a nearby trashcan. Gloves should help to hide fingerprints, making it harder for cops to find me. Once the deed is done, clean any blood stains with my cloak, take off my mask and move somewhere else to rest. I think I might have enough money for a hotel.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 11, 2018, 02:57:29 am »

you forget about state-to-state travel. some people might be coming here on buisness and leaving months later.

Business travelers should have a net effect near zero, since none are permenant residents. I think a handful of killers can easily beat the birth rate of a 25,000 person city. But if it attracts immigrants at 10 per day we might have a challenge. Maybe it's one of those cities that is deliberately taking in refugees. Maybe we'll find a refugee quarter?
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 11, 2018, 10:10:13 am »

((Shouldn't that be a 4 because of the +1 to rolls all day?))
Yes, consider it the same result tho.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 11, 2018, 04:25:26 pm »

Murder the 4 with one of the knives from their kitchen,  and then take some reasonably priced items from the house. After that,  clean myself off if any blood got on me, then sneak out the back door. Stow the gear in the pack, and then begin the hike back.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 11, 2018, 09:52:45 pm »

Going to give KitRougard a few more hours to post action.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 11, 2018, 10:17:11 pm »

Sorry, sorry...
"What do you mean the power went out in Cell Block W? Uggh."
Investigate power outage, try to get the damn lights back on.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 12, 2018, 12:34:49 pm »

It is June 5, 2020: Friday morning.
Bah. Better get some sleep.
[4]Ah sleep, you haven't been sleeping for a while and that was nice.

observe guard patrols, rolecall, camera coverage, etcetra. probe for a weakness where I can isolate a guard, beat them up/knock them out, and steal their uniform to use as a disguise
[3]For hours you watch the patrols, exchanges, cameras, and you own cellmates. From the the looks of it you may be able to get 1 guard distracted long enough to knock him out and take the keys, but not take the uniform.

Take a taxi to suburb 19, ask to be alighted in an isolated alley. Then kill the driver with hatchet and knife. Loot the taxi before leaving.
[1]The driver does not trust you and instead drops you off in front of the police station. +Suspicious(people do not trust you -1 to next interaction roll)

Go to doctor to get pills which cure my condition
[5]In you dumb stupor you luckily found a doctor that can cure you of this condition -Dumb

Go to a hardware store and buy a crowbar, then go home and go to sleep as I don't think I've slept in days.
[4]You buy a crowbar for $5 and than go home and sleep.

Return to work.
[4]Not much to do, just checking your patients and going on calls.

Put on the mask and cloak. Sneak from behind and behead the drunk with the cleaver. Chop the corpse into small chunks and hide them in a nearby trashcan. Gloves should help to hide fingerprints, making it harder for cops to find me. Once the deed is done, clean any blood stains with my cloak, take off my mask and move somewhere else to rest. I think I might have enough money for a hotel.
[4]The perfect crime, well executed and cleaned.
(investigation)[2]You cleaned your trail nicely.
(rest)[2]The hotel you find is full. +1 kills

Murder the 4 with one of the knives from their kitchen,  and then take some reasonably priced items from the house. After that,  clean myself off if any blood got on me, then sneak out the back door. Stow the gear in the pack, and then begin the hike back.
[3]You kill this poor family and take some nice looking things, you take your time looking around the house after killing the owners and barely get out in time.
(investigation)[4]You were seen walking in the area with a pack in the opposite direction of the crime scene, the police are now on the lookout for you.
(get away)[6]You book it and make it home before morning. +4 kills, +2 investigation, +$174 of stolen goods

"What do you mean the power went out in Cell Block W? Uggh."
Investigate power outage, try to get the damn lights back on.
[6]You get the light back on in that cell block and find out that one of your detectives was responsible. +unstopped(no one has been able to stop you +-1 toward 5 on next roll)

Spoiler: Killers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: non-killers? (click to show/hide)

Important info:
20 suburb
1000 starting people per suburb
1010 in suburb 2
1020 in suburb 4
996 in suburb 5
1010 in suburb 8
998 in suburb 17
998 in suburb 19
4997 people in city center(downtown)
25024 people in the total live and work in the city
1 police officer per 100 people in suburb they live and work in their suburbs
1 police officer per 10 people in city center they live and work in the city center but can support suburb police
10 people move to the city at the start of everyday(morning)/will be allocated between the suburbs and downtown
1 person is born per 200 per week(counted on Sunday morning)
law enforcement is trained back to mins at the beginning of every other day, next training(if necessary) On Sunday
City is on the US West coast named Drane.
Drane has a tiny airport

Murder cases:
Monday night alley case closed
Wednesday morning Hospital malfunction/murder not allowed to be investigated by hospital staff case closed
Thursday evening mother and toddler murder in suburb 17
Thursday night house murder in suburb 5
Thursday night trashcan corpse in suburb 19

Everyone please give you character a sex and age.
I will no longer be automating player characters that do not post, update schedule changed to every other day instead of everyday.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 04:02:28 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 12, 2018, 03:01:03 pm »

Find the nearest home, break in and slay the inhabitants.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 12, 2018, 03:47:55 pm »

Can we get current cases updated.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 12, 2018, 03:50:20 pm »

oh hey, the power’s back. call my attorney and have him get me out of here, or at least start a lawsuit on the detective who got me thrown in here!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 12, 2018, 03:55:05 pm »

Can we get current cases updated.
Updated, let me know if I missed anything.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17